Chanelle's Glanza Rep Build Thread

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the comments everyone.

I think it looks cool and doesnt reflect that much either, i thought it would. Ive just remembered i have missed something out which i got done!! I got a custom made centre section made up about a week ago now from pipecraft in basildon, sounds pretty good now in my opinion.

My plans are;

*corolla manifold

*get my duck spoiler put on and spryed

*whole body work looking mint i.e getting rid of chips in the door and elswere and machine polishing the whole car

*optionl front splitter

*new interior (not sure what to go for yet)

*red ht leads

*get arches rolled

*cooling pannel

Only problem is that im skint atm lol.

chanelle x

thanks guys

It still dont seem like ive accomplished it to be honest, it seems weid going from this;

starlet.jpg

starlet2.jpg

To this

S8300626.jpg

S8300650.jpg

Im so proud of myself for doing this and so gratefull for curt helping me. Also everyone on uksc who has helped me with any problems i have had and all my questions. Without you lot this project would not of been acheived.

Its nice knowing that all the bits on my car i have chosen on my own, so i must have good taste by all the comments, also doing it myself rather than buying one that already has been turned into a rep as it feels more like mine if you know what i mean.

Thanks everyone.

UPDATE!!

Right well i decided to get some gt front and rear seats today for the bargain price of £50 so i could not turn down this offer lol. Got them home and decided to give them a good hoover and clean. After dinner curt got straight in there and started fitting them. They were pretty hard to fit until curt had a idea, he pulled off the locating pin on the gearbox tunnel and bolted them in. Really happy with the result, they are so comfy and they sit so much lower than the n/a ones.

Anyway here are some pics bellow.

S8300695.jpg

S8300694.jpg

Chanelle x

They are so much more comfortable than the sr seats, they sit so much lower too. I love the material its so soft as soft as a babys behind lol. Now i just need the glanza door cards then the shitty sr interior will all be gone :D . Hopefully got another present coming tomorrow too :D

cheers guys

chanelle x

Right i toot a pic of the locating pin before curt put the seats in so people could see how we managed it. Im not 100% sure if this is right or not as curt is at work, but if i haven't explained it correctly then i will add the correct way later. What i think he done was cut the end of the locating pin down to it was level with the rail and then adjusted the bracket slightly so the bolt would go straight in, but as i said if im wrong i will edit this and put the correct way in.

The locating pin before it was cut, holding the bracket in place.

S8300693.jpg

and this is how it sat once the seats were fitted.

S8300698.jpg

I dont know if this helps anyone at all.

Anyway had my inlet mani turn up today yay, found it on www.247spares.co.uk for the bargain price of £46 all in. Looks in pretty good condition no cracks or rust etc etc. Will hopefully get this fitted in the next few weeks as i think curt needs a rest from working on my car for a bit lol.

S8300697.jpg

S8300696.jpg

thanks for all the comments guys.

chanelle x

Yeah i will paint it lol, thinking white atm but i know its going to get filthy after about a day lol, but if i keep on top of cleaning it shouldn't look too bad. Also going to purchase a new rocker cover gasket and spray the rocker cover red with white lines and white toyota print. Should make it look a lot fresher under the bonnet.

chanelle x

i cant believe how far this little car has come in such a short time shes a credit to you! hats off to you and to your boyfriend not only for doin a lot of the work on your car but also for not nicking any of your tasty parts for his car lol

well done ;)