Cat's Ep82 Starbo Thread - Now Forged & Sequential!

Little update for the motor, bought some new coilovers due to the roads getting even worse and me being an old man and not liking it as bumpy!

DSCF0376.jpg

DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0378.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

Before on bc's (excuse the rubbish pics, it's raining):

DSCF0384.jpg

DSCF0383.jpg

After, on Meister R's:

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

Not massively low but I don't want my car to the bone, just a bit of a softer ride!

Haven't managed to really beat them good though, need the handling set up again, but first impressions are that they are softer and a bit more user friendly for the shit roads we have up here.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some better comparison pics, although the flash went off in the second pic with the meisters so might not be a great comparison:

Bc's:

DSCF0385.jpg

Meister's:

DSCF0389.jpg

Although I'm sure once I have done a bit of miles the meisters will settle a bit more lower, as the fronts where the same height as the bc's standard setting yet look a bit higher, again though thats could be to do with the flash as well.

Regarding vids I'll try and get some when it's dry, taking vids while driving is the least of the priorities when it's boosting! :p

Sparky have you just changed your avatar?

I did a mini review of em on tgtt, can't copy and paste on the rig machines though. But the quality is the same as bc, so they are good quality. They are more suited to my needs though, as the dampers are at like setting 10 from the softest they can go so nice and can go lower at the back which isn't a major thing but nice to have the option. My opinion is the same as Enzo's, if you have really bumpy roads, and don't want a hardcore car, these are for you. If you don't mind having a rougher feeling car bc's are great quality though, just a bit harsher dampening, as my bc's where as low as possible at the back without chaning pre tension on the spring and the softest dampening setting as well, but still not as soft as the meisters at ten up from the softest.

For neutral point of view, i would say meisters get the vote if both where the same price and both new. Although if you like your car firmer, maybe bc's could get the edge but I haven't seen what these are like on the hardest setting. So for a greater scope of dampening adjustment I would say meisters are the ones to get, softer if you want them, but harder available. As the bc's the softest setting is quite firm.

Sparky have you just changed your avatar?

I did a mini review of em on tgtt, can't copy and paste on the rig machines though. But the quality is the same as bc, so they are good quality. They are more suited to my needs though, as the dampers are at like setting 10 from the softest they can go so nice and can go lower at the back which isn't a major thing but nice to have the option. My opinion is the same as Enzo's, if you have really bumpy roads, and don't want a hardcore car, these are for you. If you don't mind having a rougher feeling car bc's are great quality though, just a bit harsher dampening, as my bc's where as low as possible at the back without chaning pre tension on the spring and the softest dampening setting as well, but still not as soft as the meisters at ten up from the softest.

For neutral point of view, i would say meisters get the vote if both where the same price and both new. Although if you like your car firmer, maybe bc's could get the edge but I haven't seen what these are like on the hardest setting. So for a greater scope of dampening adjustment I would say meisters are the ones to get, softer if you want them, but harder available. As the bc's the softest setting is quite firm.

thats a great wee mini review, can i use that if its ok with you?

Nah never bud, they where only £550 delivered. Can't beat the discount that they have with the tgtt code!

your mis informed there. i can deliver them for the same £549 to cater for uksc members check my store section.

so thers no real discount with tgtt.

your cars taken a nice shape. do you have your name down for one of those inlets by ricky?

Yeah it's cool to use it bud. I would do a bit more of an indepth one sometime but I kind of don't know what else to say really. Except the quality was great like the bc's, all fitted no problem and nothing needed to be modded at all. Rear was nice and easy to set the height to as well as I had a reference, and since it's c spanners it aint rocket science either :surrender: But great quality at a great price. I believe they are the cheapest decent branded coil overs available at the moment?

Not to say bc's are rubbish, as they difinately aren't, but my bc's where a few k miles at most, in mint condition yet I swapped them for new Meisters, as the Meisters fitted my needs more with the rubbish roads around here, I would say they give a bigger scope of potential users with the range of dampening being wider in the softer area.

Nah I knew you also had a good deal going as well bud, just I got them from tgtt and meister themselves so credit where credit was due really. It was more of a saying like can't complain if you get me, not stating a fact that it was the cheapest place I could get them. I would have probably got em off you if your site had said they where in stock.

soundo cool i understand..

I would have probably got em off you if your site had said they where in stock.

must improve on that, im slow to update the commerce shop. dicking around for a few days in this case.

need to improve on that area thanx.