• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Update

So, yeah, I forgot to update this after last week's trial...

...last thursday was Mark's stag do, part of which was at our gaff. so, whilst we were all there, Alan and Joel with some assistance from Mr Costa Del Vogie himself Jay had an inspection to see if resealing the oil pump had solved the leak...

we started her up...all good...thought the end was in sight...then...boom...drip, drip, drip.

bitch is now leaking from somewhere above the oil pump. so, whilst the primary oil leak of the last year appears to have been resolved, in doing so the fucker has sprung another one, so she remains on axle stands until i'm back from the US.

big thanks again to the guys for their continued work.

damn car!

Phil.

no sense giving up now buddy, Alan plans to dismantle the fecker and try to find this new leak.

i think he's more determined to get it fixed than i am lol!!!!!!!!!!!

besides, its not like we're any further back, we're right were we've been for a year....stuck on an oil leak.

gives me more time to find that missing oil pressure gauge lol!

Phil.

So, yeah...

i'm reading facebook, and I see that all of a sudden Carat lights are hugely unpopular.

they're also refered to as "covers". Please note, ZEP-RM Livesports did circular covers for EP91 tail lights. Toyota did entire units.

Popular lights for like...6 years...all of a sudden, UKSC and FB Carat light haters.

this makes me sad.

then it makes me lol. mainly as until now, i've never heard a single negative word about them. then suddenly, hates.

interesting. on the plus side, means we wont be seeing tonnes of them about. which brings me back to a smiley place inside. Carat lights are UKSC-NI thing. You wouldn't understand.

Phil.

^^^^yeah, back in the day, it was like "oh wow dude, u has carat lights, ubes rare y0".

but then, as i keep saying, we all have our different tastes here on UKSC which is great as it means no two EPs are the same which makes our club stands at shows look mega. so its all good. just never seen so much carat hates before.

maybe its the colour of them thats the difference. maybe in white they are rank. i dunno. still, interesting how tastes are evolving on here, interesting to watch, good to see things aren't stagnant.

Phil.

I like the Carat lights on yours but I wouldn't get some for myself. To much hassle to get them into my Car-papers in Germany. At least I've got the german style that you guys on here mainly don't do: both lights with the white part, so your passenger side with the reversing bit and my passengers side. Looks better than the plain red ones most on here have on their Glanza reps tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

thanks to Trisk and his mates, last nite Alan and Joel very kindly put their theory into action.

so, new oil pump has been fitted. we'll let her dry for a few days/weeks, then its time to start her up and see where we stand!

fingers are well and truly crossed this time!!!

Phil.