Nanglebadgers work in progress

well, maybe just sprayed to match then. I'll have to have a look in Halfords for a suitable anthracite.

the hammer is next up bud, I mocked it up to a few places on Friday but didnt fit it because I couldnt decide on where to put it!!!! So then i checked out Marc's and Trisk's, and they're in two different locations. To put it below the gear knob as Marc has done wont work as its slightly curved there in the 91, so had to move it back until it was half obscured by the drivers seat....which is probably a safer location in terms of reaching it though...lol...just need to mock it up to a few places again before settling. maybe check out the options brochures again too just to see what Toyota had in mind.

thinking of adding some new nuts and bolts around the bay to clean shizzle up, been eying up Dean's kits, as well as the link that Paul posted in Crooks' thread...either go for plain and simple standard un coloured, or if i do get coloured ones, i cant decide between blue or anthracite. ohhh the important decisions. bit too expensive for nuts and bolts though, think Dean's will be the way to go: http://www.boltsbolts.co.uk/#/shop/4560404404/Alu-Suspension-Nuts-M12-4-pack/1190587. Anthracite rocker cover with another new set of shiny dome nuts, blue or plain. thinking some countersunk washers definitely needed.

also need a selection of rubber grommets for a few things - rear window wiper and also to block over the holes in the dash board where the gauge wires penetrate....any one got any suggestions for where to get a good selection of various sized rubber grommets?? like a multi pack or something??

also need a spark plug lead tidy thing. I used to have one with my old Magnecor's but its gone, need a new one to hold these Ultra's together nice and tidy. anyone know where??????

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mega.

PRAT! i only went back to page 50 where u posted a pic of your scissors/hammer set! didnt think it would be before that! lol

thats roughly where i had mocked mine up, although the curvature of the plastic was meaning that the centre of the sticky pad wasn't making contact with the plastic. yours is quite far back though, probably doesnt look it in that pic as u have the seat waaaaaaaaaaay back, but i reckon thats maybe close to where i was seeing full pad - plastic contact.

spot on dude thanks for the pic! that's where she'll be going!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

well, maybe just sprayed to match then. I'll have to have a look in Halfords for a suitable anthracite.

the hammer is next up bud, I mocked it up to a few places on Friday but didnt fit it because I couldnt decide on where to put it!!!! So then i checked out Marc's and Trisk's, and they're in two different locations. To put it below the gear knob as Marc has done wont work as its slightly curved there in the 91, so had to move it back until it was half obscured by the drivers seat....which is probably a safer location in terms of reaching it though...lol...just need to mock it up to a few places again before settling. maybe check out the options brochures again too just to see what Toyota had in mind.

thinking of adding some new nuts and bolts around the bay to clean shizzle up, been eying up Dean's kits, as well as the link that Paul posted in Crooks' thread...either go for plain and simple standard un coloured, or if i do get coloured ones, i cant decide between blue or anthracite. ohhh the important decisions. bit too expensive for nuts and bolts though, think Dean's will be the way to go: http://www.boltsbolts.co.uk/#/shop/4560404404/Alu-Suspension-Nuts-M12-4-pack/1190587. Anthracite rocker cover with another new set of shiny dome nuts, blue or plain. thinking some countersunk washers definitely needed.

also need a selection of rubber grommets for a few things - rear window wiper and also to block over the holes in the dash board where the gauge wires penetrate....any one got any suggestions for where to get a good selection of various sized rubber grommets?? like a multi pack or something??

also need a spark plug lead tidy thing. I used to have one with my old Magnecor's but its gone, need a new one to hold these Ultra's together nice and tidy. anyone know where??????

Phil.

Try probolt for the nuts & bolts, that's where I got my blue rocker cover dome nuts, I think they were 5 quid for 6 of them. Not sure what sizes the go up to though.

Had a look on that probolt site....oh my!!!! nom nom noms.

Update

Rescueman now fitted, uploaded a pic to bakebook from the blueberry, need to sort a way to get pics from there up onto here.

Also ran the vacuum pipe for the Apexi Vacuum gauge, just gotta get a connector piece from work today and that'll be done, will just need wired for light then and connected to the back of the inlet mani to the vacuum pipe. Checked all the parts bins to see if i had a spark plug lead tidy kicking about...i dont. :(

Phil.

cheers bro, good to have it close to hand , gives me more inspiration to get on with what i can do on my own in the garage. things like swapping the intake mani however i'll not be tackling on my own.

@Chris - thanks for the link dude, i think I saw something similar on the bolts bolts site, i'll have another look here. maybe add it into an order of shiny washers and bolts!!!! failing that i'll come and swipe that one of yours! thanks dude!!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

^^^that link aint working for me in work bud, i'll have to try it from home.

So...last nite i completed running the pipe for the vacuum gauge...tried to start her to see if it works...and the car wont start. doesnt even try to fire.

not sure what i've done, maybe knocked an earth somewhere or knocked the wires in the back of the start button maybe. battery is fine, all fuses in place, the start button clicks as it always has, just she doesnt even try to start. and its not the immobiliser, i even reset that just to be sure.

i must have upset something whilst pulling the vacuum pipe through the bulk head and then fannying about behind the dash. its like a jungle back there because of all the gauges.

To-do list updated.

Paint PAS pump - done
Paint air filter bracket - done
Clean oil off plastic engine covers - done
Refit Blitz SUS filter - done
Fit recirc bung - done
Refit alternator with new CJ pulley - done
Fit CJ crank pulley - done
Remove rear washer line - done
Internal wire tuck - done
Tuck boot catch cable - done
Tuck petrol flap cable - done
Replace steering wheel bolts - done
Machine so it fits and then fit adjustable CJ cam pulley - Cancelled as I hear they are breaking down / damaging the belts, so fuck that

New PAS and alternator belts - done
Rocker cover needs tidied up - new K&N breather filter fitted

Crank shaft oil seal - done

Obtain and fit door cards - done

Fit Rescueman - done

Mount and wire in all Apexi gauges - Vacuum gauge mounted and wires run

Tidy engine bay - started
Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Oil filter relocator needs fitted and new bungs/sensors bought
New radiator bracket
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint floor and internal roof
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Fit Din blanking plate
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Find and fit an Apexi EL1 60mm oil pressure gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold

Paint rocker cover and inlet manifold support bar

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

finally figured out what i had done after retracing all my steps, i'd knocked a spade connector off the start button relay box. idiot. so, it starts again, and...more importantly.....the vacuum gauge works!!!!!!!!!! yeah baby! thanks to Joel for pointing out the best place to plumb it to. so that just leaves wiring it up for lighting.

however, I have now noticed a leak from the gearbox side of the engine. uh oh.

Phil.

Update

OEM din blanking plate and aftermarket din cupholders re-fitted.

One job less to do.

Paint PAS pump - done
Paint air filter bracket - done
Clean oil off plastic engine covers - done
Refit Blitz SUS filter - done
Fit recirc bung - done
Refit alternator with new CJ pulley - done
Fit CJ crank pulley - done
Remove rear washer line - done
Internal wire tuck - done
Tuck boot catch cable - done
Tuck petrol flap cable - done
Replace steering wheel bolts - done
Machine so it fits and then fit adjustable CJ cam pulley - Cancelled as I hear they are breaking down / damaging the belts

New PAS and alternator belts - done
Rocker cover needs tidied up - new K&N breather filter fitted

Crank shaft oil seal - done

Obtain and fit door cards - done

Fit Rescueman - done

Fit Din blanking plate - done

Tidy engine bay - started

Wire in all Apexi gauges

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Oil filter relocator needs fitted and new bungs/sensors bought
New radiator bracket
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint floor and internal roof
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Find and fit an Apexi EL1 60mm oil pressure gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold

Paint rocker cover and inlet manifold support bar

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

sorry bro didn't see your post.

think so, but wont know til its on a ramp. she is definitely now leaking from both the left and right side of the engine. not massively, and only when warm.

she got her fist bath in a looooooooooooong time today. then a quick couple of laps around the development, think i scared a Corsa with the BoV lol. 3/4 of the car has now been detarred, and the terrible paint job that was done on it last time has become even more apparent now I've had my head up close for a couple of hours. pish job. oh well. still need to detar the front, then its getting an HD Cleanse, SRP, and 2 or 3 coats of wax, then a dust sheet thrown over it to try and keep her semi clean. pesky Nitromoors is definitely coming through but not much i can do about that now. so, hopefully she'll be clean soon, then can think about what needs fixed next.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

People have been shouting about pics. so, here's 3.

Ultra Spark leads and king lead - yes the bay is a mess, I know:

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/nanglebadger/media/13%2007%2013%20Leads%20Rescueman%20bracket/DSC_0387_zpsca4e5508.jpg.html'>DSC_0387_zpsca4e5508.jpg

Rescueman:

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/nanglebadger/media/13%2007%2013%20Leads%20Rescueman%20bracket/DSC_0388_zps3537849d.jpg.html'>DSC_0388_zps3537849d.jpg

OEM Din blank and aftermarket cupholders, yes I know there are boost controller wires needing tidied away:

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/nanglebadger/media/13%2007%2013%20Leads%20Rescueman%20bracket/DSC_0390_zps5ce1bf41.jpg.html'>DSC_0390_zps5ce1bf41.jpg

This afternoon I also tidied some wiring in the bay with some cable ties and fresh black electrical tape. I also wire tucked the bootlid, by relocating that stretch of the wiring loom in behind the inner panelling on the bootlid itself. much tidier.

Phil.

thanks gents.

@ Ryan - no music anymore bud no, stripped it all out, even the OEM speakers in the dash. the only music i want to hear in the car from now on is the turbo spooling and the dump valve going off.

i'm in the search for response, and the easiest first step in that is improving power to weight. yes I have retained all the front plastics inside the car, but thats simply because i want the cockpit to be a semi-nice place to be, other than that, nothing in the rear but functional items. the aim of this project now is the improvement of response, not massive BHP figures, i wana get away from the bigger BHP cars before they then come screaming past me lol. for me its all about first to the speed limit, after that, the race is over.

Phil.

Been reading a few pages a day of this thread for the last month or so and finally got to the end this morning !!. Its come some way man :) Looks like some amount of work has went into this little beast, between you and your friends. Keep it up Phil :)

That colour is unreal by the way, sooo nice.