Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ECKS!!!!!! I WAS GONNA KEEP THAT AS A SURPRISE!!!!! ;) ;) :( :(

ah well the secret's out now...yes my part has arrived with ecks and he has kindly offered to freshen it up somewhat for me with some sexual alcantara!!! CANT WAIT!!!!! such a legend!

Short shifter is fitted, its NOICE!!!! my mechanic popped in while we were fittin it and suggested some custom rally style gear box bracket fabrication ala Citroen to make it even more uber but knowin him he's forgot already and will never actualy be done lol!

Thanks for the kind comments folks!

Phil.

see, i mentioned the TRD gear box mount to him that comes with the TRD engine mounts and also the price tag on the damn things and he said 'aye aye...or we could make up a bracket to secur the box to the chassis (or somethin i cant remember) like the wee citroen rally cars have, should hold it nice and tight' - dont ask me why he was thinkin about citroens, theres maybe one in the shop at the mo or somethin, but i was like 'aye yeah that sounds cool like' but knowin him he's forgotten already lol but next time i see him i'll ask him about it again and shall report back to y'all!

Phil.

Ok got the car back from MOT prep today, she's ready to roll, all i need to do is put the stock number plates on and take the momo pedals off altho my mechanic says if they fail u for pedals they are pure bastards! He also fitted the new sub frame for the passenger seat so its now solida again...however he made a good point and i cant believe i was this stupid...if i dont hae back seats anymore y didn't i buy a solid subframe, that way i wouldnt be worried about the runners dyin again...ah well too late now its fitted, that'll teach me!

Fog bulbs are fitted, not a whole lot different but a subtle change. Carpet was the wrong damn stuff but not to worry thats easily swapped.

Toby has been paid so just awaiting delivery now.

Now, i spoke to the young lad who does my painting, the guy who painted his saxo the same colour as my car after seein my car and workin on it. I want bits painted/repainted and he has stuff he wants painted so we're gonna get all our bits/cars together and split the costs that his boss will charge us for doin some paintin. I have some ideas of stuff i'd like colour coded in the engine bay, ideas i have stolen from Sl8ter and from walkin about JAE and snooping under bonnets, and some ideas that i may need to clear with Mark (as u all know i dont technically own some of the parts in my car), but I am also open to suggestions of what people think would look good colour coded. I have a list made up that i'm gonna alter/add to as my tastes see fit before commitng any parts to paint.

Here's a pic of the bay exactly as she is at present. Suggestions, large and small, welcome. I will also be consulting indepth with SiCaln about this, we are fussy bastards aren't we!

DSC_0112-1.jpg

And my Jap goody from ecksjay is ready to be shipped woohoo!!!!!

Phil.

edit** just realised the pic wasnt taken from far enough out, oh well u'v all seen an n/a bay before, suggestions to put on the paint list welcome.

phil, i think you should paint the dizzy cap too! seen it done before, looks good!

well my bloody mechanic is on holiday so its Mark and Phil's DIY time. i need the car for my daily trip to the treatment room tomorrow mornin, so as soon as im back its either goin into the garage ontot the axle stands or its goin to Mark's gf's garage because she as a pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stu mate, as soon as its off i'll get it shipped off dude, i will try my VERY UTMOST to get it shipped tomorrow and will try to send it next day delivery. Marks at uni all day today or we'd have done it today for u and my wound is in no state to let me attempt this mysef sorry, damn old surgery!

Phil.