Idrees' Jam Kitted Glanza V

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first, I fitted my TC short shifter to the Glanza. Shifting feels soo much better with this!

SDC14035.jpg

Okay, along with the headgasket failing, I think I managed to damage a piston ring. This created a bit of a mess to say the least..

SDC14031.jpg

And on the bumper.

SDC14040-1.jpg

Some new parts to go with the new engine.

SDC14042.jpg

Castrol Magnatec 10w40 Engine Oil

75w90 Performance Gear Oil

NGK Iridium Plugs

Oil Filter

Fuel Filter

Thermostat

Antifreeze/Water Coolant

Dayco Alternator Belt

Dayco P/Steering Belt

Exedy Paddle Clutch

SDC14044.jpg

So, the next job was to get the new engine and parts fitted. Today I, with the help of my cousin, removed the engine and gearbox at his garage. Having a ramp made life so much easier! :lol:

Stripping the engine bay, and got rid of the AC.

SDC14049.jpg

SDC14051.jpg

Engine out..

SDC14058.jpg

One mucky engine bay - to be cleaned before fitting the new engine all being well.

SDC14063.jpg

And we called it a day, left the car standing like this before leaving tonight.

SDC14069.jpg

i was tempted to get this even though i wanted a standard black one to start with, but the price was so tempting !! but seeing what you have done with Starlet's im glad you've got it !! hope to see some serious update's !!

Have fun with it ! :lol:

Sparky yeah I priced them high on a 10 day sale. I don't wanna sell them but if I got stupid money for them I would. If they don't go on eBay they are staying with me. :harhar:

Cheers guys, got the new engine and everything fitted today. It's a shame I couldn't bring the car home though, it didn't want to select 1st and 2nd gear for some strange reason, so that will be looked at tomorrow.

A few pics from today.

Clutch and other bits fitted to engine, and gearbox refitted.

SDC14090.jpg

Hours later..

SDC14106.jpg

SDC14109.jpg

SDC14110.jpg

SDC14112.jpg

SDC14114.jpg

Excuse the dirt please, it will get a really good clean once up and running properly. Oh, and thank god I didn't have to chop up the bumper for the FMIC!

Wish us luck with getting this gear issue sorted please guys, I'm really hoping it's something minor.