Idrees' Jam Kitted Glanza V

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on about your noisey release bearing and blown up box... Sure it ain't the clutch.. It happened to Si and we thought it's what you described..but turned out the clutch was fooked.. Quite a few exedys have done it now :thumbsup:

Have you had the box off to have a look ?

^ yeh idrees mate them paddles are so shitely made. mine let go after about 500 running in miles and it soudns like yours has let go pretty quick to. the centre of the clutch disitergrates and spits like the metal spaces out, they spin round in the box and jam everything up.

if its been sticking going into gear, stays in gear when you start it effectivley in neutral, and locks shut randomly id deff check that out before just going and buying a new box.. its shit luck though mate after everyhting youve just had to do!

cheers

An Expensive Update..

So, seven days ago I was tootling along slowly when I encountered a gear problem as mentioned, and thought it was the gearbox.

I had a gearbox with a Quaiffe LSD from my old GT lying around but the housing was cracked, so I bought a new C52 gearbox and got that rebuilt using Toyota syncros and seals, along with the LSD.

SDC14392-1.jpg

I have the gearbox to CogTeg Trangmissions in Bradford who did an awesome job on it. While getting the gearbox done, I thought it would be a wise idea to get a spare flywheel skimmed and fit that so that was done by Vee Clutches in Brighouse.

SDC14419.jpg

SDC14427.jpg

Now that I had the parts I needed, yesterday (Friday) I thought I'd get the gearbox changed in time for today, the RR meet. Me and my cousin started the job yesterday morning.

Gearbox off and flywheel fitted.

SDC14449.jpg

However, we ran into a pretty nasty problem. Now I'm kinda wishing I read Rob's posts (above) earlier! It turns out that the Exedy Paddle clutch I bought brand new a month ago had terribly failed, and the centre was all loose. I was advised by a few people not to reuse this and I didn't want to risk it myself, after spending so much money on the gearbox etc!

I phoned around to see who could sort me out with a clutch asap, and luckily Nick @ Tuning Developments had some Spec 6 PUK Paddle clutches in stock. Very kindly, my brother offered to pick that up while me and my cousin fitted a few other things to the car.

MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers.

SDC14399.jpg

SDC14401.jpg

SDC14402.jpg

SDC14404.jpg

SDC14425.jpg

I'm not gonna comment on them yet because I haven't had them fitted long enough to do so, so please do not ask what they're like. Instead, keep an eye out for a thread about them. :lol:

I bought a Blitz NUR Spec exhaust too so we fitted that too.

SDC14429.jpg

SDC14435.jpg

SDC14437.jpg

SDC14438.jpg

And wasted some time decorating a Civic in his workshop.

SDC14452.jpg

My brother then came back with something rather nice, didn't waste time fitting it.

SDC14441.jpg

SDC14454.jpg

Everything was then put back together and we gave the car an oil/filter change at the same time. :lol:

SDC14459.jpg

Finishing off..

SDC14453.jpg

That was yesterday, and here are some pics from today at the RR meet.

SDC14475.jpg

SDC14477.jpg

SDC14478.jpg

SDC14494.jpg

Did I mentioned I bought these too? :lol: On genuine Starlet Bride rails.

SDC14479.jpg

SDC14481.jpg

And then added some decals..

SDC14496.jpg

SDC14497.jpg

SDC14498.jpg

She made 219bhp at the flywheel, and a touch under 200 ft lb or torque. Happy with that myself, especially after I kept up with my mates Evo several times who had his Dyno'd at 354bhp minutes after mine. :lol:

Been a busy beaver mate!!

Didnt thing you could of made this V much better buyt your certainly putting your touch on it which is never a bad thing :lol:

Looks the daddy if you ask me and I await this thread on the coilovers :lol:

Seriously impressive speed that you got all that done mate, I hope it stays being good for you now.

Just got an Exedy clutch aswell, organic though, I'm having it fitted next week I'll be extremely pissed off if it lasts as long as yours...

Look forward to seeing it at BW mate. :lol:

looks good pal, pretty average figure on rolling road which is good, especially for a daily driver :lol:

clutch looks good aswell, my exedy paddle started making some funky noises recently :S hoping its the release bearing, if nto im going for same clutch from nick

^ unfortunately mate it probs say your gonna have the problems Idrees had.. :lol:

They're actually wank, I've seen loads of em do it now!

:lol: best get ready for another clutch :lol: however is a good excuse for a lighter flywheel aswell :lol: treat myself lol

Thanks guys, comments much appreciated as usual.

I've spent far too much money on the car and I've only had it for around 5 weeks, so for now I'm just going to enjoy the car as it is. :thumbsup:

R/R Graphs

Power @ The Flywheel.

scan0001.jpg

The one shows WHP (I think?) and Boost/AFR.

scan0003.jpg

And a video of her on the dyno, thanks to Craig for this.