i love the way boys steam ahead and get it all done so quickly :thumbsup: lol

Hmmm.. im the only one who noticed this???

we lads like to get our end off quick love..

as far as we are aware.. its a race.. and you got your ass whipped :)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well went to toyota spent £25 on drive shaft seals and front main to find that, thats not were the leak was drained the gearbox oil got this:

IMG_0126.jpg

before draning the oil I investegated by cleaning the oil off everything and run the car in gear on axel stands to see where the leak was seen dripping from the rear of the box after 2-3mins and look to just see the on the diff housing inbetween the speedo cable and rear mount:

IMG_0124.jpg

looks like something has hit the inside of the gearbox twice and put a small hole in it

not a compleat loss though a very nice irish man has come the the rescue with a donated gear box untill ive had mine reconditioned :(

cheers chesh.

I'll just stick this na one in for now it'll be back off when the six speed is changed I'm thinking while it's out might try and find a LSD diff to fit the box but I'd want the same final drive that I have at the mo so don't think it will be possible.

Thought you sent that to him? :D

Still waiting for it lol still need it too :D

^^ yep the one he said he didnt need still in its bubble wrap

I do need it biatch lol i said i didnt need the LSD box wanted the na one though :D

Sorry to hear about the fubared gbox Luke.

Try out the N/A gear ratios and see if you can tell the difference.

I'm running a N/A box at the moment too but it has a diff.

Either way hope you get up and running to how you'd like to be soon.

Joz

cheers joz i'm expecting it to be will different as the ratios will be well different compaired to the 6speed ya never know might even like it :p i hope i dont though i love the 6speed acceleration it really is epic it picks up really quick even idrees said so when i took him for a spin :p.

yeh it wasn't the easyest thing to spot, well drove halfway to meet matt to get the gearbox off him last night will start fitting it tomorrow will be weird have just 5 gears now, wonder how many times i'll put it in reverse thinking its 6th B)

plus a little update finish carbon fibring my window swithes and added my own little touch:

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

and got a c-pillar bar not sure what make it is as theres no markings on it but wow once tightened up I can feel a difference and with it added to the standard 3point rear stut and rear anti roll bar my back end feels as tight as a ducks arse lol:

IMG_0122.jpg