Tb Developments Road Car, Ep91 :), Now Updated

ah ok.

just doing my homework at the moment into that bits i need.

5E rods

i think you can use forged 4efte pistons

and would i need 5e or 4e bearings for the crank, i'm sure it'll be the 5e but wasn't use what the journal sizes were on the crank as i've not had it apart yet

Tim

TB Developments

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well seriously not after stupid power, i just think the 1.5 will give a nicer everyday car with more torque. and only going with a gt2554r because thats what garrett recommend over the gt2056r which there works were "i wouldn't ideally use that as its not a great design and suffers from heat issues in the turbine" if it wasn't for that i'd use that turbo, but the 2554 was the smallest ball bearing turbo they did.

But we shall see.

cheers on the information, just doing my homework first, i'm sure it'll be clear once i get both stripped next to each other :)

Tim

TB Developments

• 1 year later...

jeez forgot how long its been since i update this thread.

anyway here goes

Fitted a Factory LSD Gearbox, before this went on i did a complete gearbox rebuild with all new synchros and support bearings, feels like brand new now :) also overhauled the driveshafts with new CV joints and gaitors. Also fitted a new rear engine mount as the one supplied looked abit overworked. While the gearbox was off i fitted a fidanza flywheel and exedy stage 2 clutch i believe it is, alone with my own brand brass shifter bushes.

DSCN3377.jpg

DSCN3376.jpg

DSCN3375.jpg

DSCN3374.jpg

DSCN3373.jpg

DSCN3371.jpg

DSCN3370.jpg

DSCN3358.jpg

DSCN3357.jpg

while i had it in the workshop i wanted to make the methanol injection tank but didn't want to loose any boot space, plus there wasn't really anywhere i could mount it upfront. i think this came out really well in the end. only took 26-27 pieces if i remember correctly lol

DSCN3765-1.jpg

Week later i purchased a full set of WMS brake calipers and uprated disks, been very happy with the kit. Before fitting i repainted the calipers to match the rest of the color scheme. Only thing to note is that they were very noisy at first even when the pedal wasn't being pushed. I found out with a slight modification to a set of MR2 rear caliper pad springs i could fit them to the WMS calipers which pushed the pads off the disk when not in use, now perfectly silent, apologies for the pics as i didn't take any when new, i'll get some better ones next time the wheels are off.

DSCN3844.jpg

Tim

TB Developments

unfortunately that ebay tv radio broke, figured it would eventually so bought this. Was fairly cheap but also the thing i like it comes with almost unlimited color options on the display and buttons so i could get it to match the factory interior. It also has DAB built in :)

DSCN3842.jpg

the rear lip finally arrived from japan, i did look everywhere in the uk but couldn't find one. Just need to get it painted but i think it'll finish the car off nicely

DSCN3431.jpg

DSCN3429.jpg

Tim

TB Developments

a few months back i wanted to uprate the cooling of the glanza so i bought this, made a little difference to cooling but boost did come on stronger and faster after i fitted it.

DSCN3849.jpg

Also i figured seeing this is a bit of a rolling road car demo for my business it was about time i added some company graphics to it. Went for these as i wanted something very subtle so didn't look chavy to people not in the know, plus its location was a play on the factory fitted glanza graphics.

DSCN3852.jpg

Tim

TB Developments

well as the weather started to heat up i found the ARC just wasn't good enough for a good blast, on the stock IAT sensor temps would seem to be OK but after fitting a fast response iat sensor i was getting over 70 degree's after 5 gears of WOT driving, not good at all.

so i bought what i felt was a bargain, £350 for a full jam racing intercooler kit. i'd been looking for one of these ever since i bought the glanza so snapped this one when it came up. I was told there was some fin damage but it was just surface and didn't effect the intercooler, i saw a pic and said ok. paid the money and it arrived. Well when it got here, not only was the core twisted it was on the lean as well by 10mm. i could have lived with that but i did a pressure test to make sure and it was pissing air out of the core in the (surface area only) dents. lost quite abit of pressure. I told the guy in question and basically called me a lier and said i would get "fuck all back from me" tried asking for help on the tggt forum but got very little help, just removed my sales feedback from his thread. and because he insisted on a gift through paypal i had no coverage. Total scum bag!!!!

anyway rant over i had to repair this so i can fit it to my car, so i contacted one of my motorsport contacts and he put me in touch with a company that does radiators and intercoolers for the likes of the WRC teams and single seat racers like F3 and F1. for £295 he supplied me with a core only replacement (basically means just the fins bit) so i had to re-weld the brackets and the end tanks on from the JAM kit. but the bonus is they had my own JAM core, they temporary plugged the leaks and did a flow test. it has the same 9 row internal structure but provided 25% more flow and 40% more cooling over the original JAM core. So although its not authentic 100% jam anymore its a much better improvement. so a TBDev revised JAM racing intercooler kit lol Can't wait to get it all in and working. Just need to get some time free at the workshop as I'm removing the aircon, relocating the filter to the front with some nice fabrication bits and bobs, and remaking the HOT ic pipe as i'm clocking the K1 to point downwards to make the boost flow about 12" shorter and a much cleaner looking setup.

DSCN3847.jpg

DSCN3846.jpg

DSCN3845.jpg

Tim

TB Developments

Awsome updates as usual mate :)

You liking the little Glanza then? Really making it your own and should get some of the choice bits put into production for fellow Starlet owners :p

Like JAM replica intercooler kits and other pieces you have done to this, think half the stuff would sell like hot cakes :)

Yea I remember that mate but your definitely getting your name out there and have your own website etc :p

well i keep meaning to update that website, i do have one for my 3sgte engine builds as well (again not quite finished) www.3senginebuilders.com

but I'll do one specially for the glanza's eventually.

problem with doing those kits, is the core cost me £300 alone, then I'd have to make up all the pipe work and get the end tanks cast up. so you'd be looking around the £600+ mark. Its one of those things, without any intention of offense its that alot of the owners of glanza's are younger people and don't want to put the big money into to get high quality parts, like that jam intercooler I've done far surpasses the performance of the original, but costs alot of money. where you can go and buy some cheap Chinese intercooler for say £250 that people feel does the same thing

see my point :) i don't think i'd sell many. Even though the cheap ebay ones aren't even designed to have air pass through them but because there shiny and slightly better than stock they will sell. just the way of the world i guess.

Tim

TB Developments

nah its not glued mate. the price reflects on the quality gone into it. like i said its not some cheap ebay cored based around an oil cooler.

i've had big 4" ones done in the past for drag cars and cored have been over £1000

massively surpass flow and cooling from run of the mill cores.

Tim

TB Developments

Guest Enzo
what like mate?

i did try to get a trader setup on here but they wouldn't let me, said i didn't have anything new so no :)

Tim

TB Developments

that was over two years ago, prety sure i stated the spots came round once a year and also that you had to be around for a bit which you have

pm in your inbox

nah its not glued mate. the price reflects on the quality gone into it. like i said its not some cheap ebay cored based around an oil cooler.

i've had big 4" ones done in the past for drag cars and cored have been over £1000

massively surpass flow and cooling from run of the mill cores.

Tim

TB Developments

so is it a brazed core then? bet its quite light too. sod paying that lol, the joys of working for an intercooler company, work said i can build what ever i want for free lol :) its just getting the time