Tb Developments Road Car, Ep91 :), Now Updated

Hope you guys don't mind me posting this up, this is my new little glanza. its become my everyday car and workhorse for the business, gotta say for a little 1.3 i'm loving it :D great little cars and another bonus is i get to know the cars so i can offer services and upgrades on them with the rest of the business.

Bought the car as a straight import and collected it 25th september 2009

1999 Starlet Glanza

38,008 Miles on the clock

came with KYB Specials suspension alround

Blitz Turbotimer

"Aftermarket" exhaust (rattling and driving me nuts)

Buddyclub P1 Alloys

The cars really tidy for a 10 year old car, only down points are alot of rattles and squeeks, i'm slowing working my way through them, ordered a few bits from toyota to fix the couple of bits missing, one being the parcel shielf, which without it is making the rear hatch rattle, and the front grill was missing. (no idea why and no accident damage) anyway ordered those.

what you guys think.

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

tb3.jpg

tb4.jpg

tb5.jpg

While on the search for a few tuning goodies i found this in japan so snapped it up. Its a rare blitz Cast iron downpipe. the goal of this car is to do things once as its an everyday car so i can't have parts breaking like downpipes and stainless downpipes are prone for cracking (very much like the mr2 ones used to be, possible future product :) ) but until i make those i boguht this as its built like a tank and no way in hell of falling apart. Its 2.25" through out and same diameter so all the benifits of the stainless downpipes but none of the draw backs

DSCN2961.jpg

I've been shopping around and bought a few little goodies, a few rare bits and bobs and some JDM things. Firstly was the Flair, there quite rare to see them still fitted so i had a spare so fitted that

DSCN2968.jpg

I also got a TRD gearknob to replace the cheap plastic thing that it came imported with, Once i get some time i'm going to fit a small washer to just under the knob so the gaitor gets sandwiched between that and the knob as i don't like how the gaitor just slips up and down the shifter as standard.

DSCN2965.jpg

Another little mod which is apprently quite rare is the factory option arm rest and storage bin, looks a little afterthought buts its quite comfortable having the arm rest in there, the materials a little faided but i'll retrim that when i do the new front seats anyway to match

DSCN2969.jpg

DSCN2970.jpg

Lastly was something i knocked up last week while i was at my fabricators while i was sitting around waiting for him to finish jobs, i took the HKS bov off my old mr2 and just made up the fitting kit and a small fitting for the breather to fit into the stock position (normally bolts to the factory bov and both vent into the intake pipe)

DSCN2964.jpg

My blitz airfilter arrived from japan today, unfortunatly the blitz nurspec i also ordered was the wrong one, just the backbox and not the full system so theres going to be a battle getting my money back :( Anyway airfilter sorted. throttle responce in a little better but more importantly it doesn't feel like it suffercates as much topend.

before

DSCN2971.jpg

After

DSCN2972.jpg

I also had another suprise come through the post today, it was like christmas :(

DSCN2974.jpg

DSCN2976.jpg

The wheel nuts were bugging me as most of the nickle had fell off and just looked rough so gone with some nice new anodized blue ones to match the blue wheel logos plus its very JDM :p

DSCN2980.jpg

DSCN2981.jpg

I also fitted my new MOMO Tuner steering wheel as that standard boat wheel was driving me nuts, next will be to get a new carpet (fix the years of no matt abuse by the drive) and finish the dash centre panel and fit the radio.

DSCN2982.jpg

not much of an update this week, i found a spare few mins so got my old radio in from the mr2 as it was getting annoying not having any music to listen to, while i was fitting that i also upgraded the 2 front (only 2) speakers as the old ones were prietty damaged and basically dead

DSCN2984.jpg

Tim

TB Developments

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks mate, please forgive the slowness of the pictures, i think its photobucket as there being slow to load on my site as well.

Done some stuff to the interior now so need to update this when i can get some piccys, now has a radio so the dash doesn't look so vandalised haha

Tim

TB Developments

Perfect looking V mate :)

Looks like its an Apexi N1 system I had the same on the GT, must of used to rub on the body because on the let off of the accelerator it used to make hell of a racket!! Like really bad, when I got the decat and manifold fitted though it stopped :(

Some good progress so far :(

Whats the rest of the plans??

thanks guys,

the white mr2 isn't mine its a customer build i did a few months back and ongoing thing, its only running a detuned 320bhp as he uses it everyday but also competes in the shakespear SDS drag series, Its braket racing so hes doing well, won 3 of his 5 events and come 2nd in the 4th, 5th was rained off :(

i'm not sure what i have planned for it really, i have a 500bhp road going mr2 in the works as well but i just have enough time at the moment because of the business so this was meant to be a simple everyday car i wasn't going to play with but as you can tell by the parts its not going to plan, haha

The exhaust in the pictures is off the car now and for sale, its been replaced with a blitz nur spec r full system which helped with the topend, I've also got a Blitz K1 200v turbocharger being rebuilt as we speak to make it like brand new. I'm holding out for a Jam Racing manifold so i can get it all ceramic coated and then that will be the exhaust breathing all sorted. Gonna throw a walbro pump in there and uprated regulator, Also got a Blitz CS front mount IC on the way as we speak. I've also got a methanol injection kit that i used to use on the mr2 to go on, i'll fit the updated version to the mr2 so this older version was going spare so thought what the hell. that will probably be my limit. from what i'm reading if i stay within the limits of the stock fuel injectors on a safe map it should still be prietty quick and stay reliable, especially with the methanol.

If i can make about 180fwhp i'll be happy. Probably kill the clutch so i'll do the normal flywheel, clutch etc when that happens. I don't really want to get into engine internals etc as its an everyday car, but i know seeing i'm an engine building i'll probably build a short block up just incase it goes pop. lol

Also on the look out for a factory LSD box as i know its not much power but when i have a play i find myself spinning up 1st through 3rd in the bends, well 1 wheel spinning up i should say. lol crappy normal diffs :)

Tim

TB Developments

hey dude nice im posative i followed that car on the m6 near burmingham a month ago that is deffo the 1 i was in a silver gt crused with you for a bit then i went off ahead was that you??????????????

yeah that was me, i was popping up to see a mate of mine in nuneaton who managed to smash up his 550bhp mr2 i built for him :(

didn't even have the airfilter or anything on it then. just as it came from japan and the bov :)

Tim

TB Developments

yeah that was me, i was popping up to see a mate of mine in nuneaton who managed to smash up his 550bhp mr2 i built for him :)

didn't even have the airfilter or anything on it then. just as it came from japan and the bov :(

Tim

TB Developments

weyyyy ye man i knew it was and the car is stunnig! haha loveing it seein another stazbom on the go lol ive been wondering who it was hahaha nice stuff mate :(

chears pal ive dun all i can really to the engine naw but since i dun the tdo4 and stuff my paint hass flaked on the bonnet dno y very annoying!!!!!!!! well im happy i can put a face to ya name on hee naw lol ive never had sucha smile on my face looking in my mirror 1 min nothing ther the next you were ther haha you must have seen me from a distance?

erm i didn't actually notice until i was right behind you, i was cruising along at about 90lol :) oops

whats wrong with a starlet as an everyday car? i didn't go with some euro rubbish as i wanted to learn these cars so i could offer a tuning service through the business, plus saxo's are gay lol

Tim

TB Developments

lol its to nice mate to use every day the english weather will kill it as for saxo,s i think only gay,s drive them not saying you are gay or out lol look after here mate you have got a very nice v there mate :)