Tb Developments Road Car, Ep91 :), Now Updated

i plan to mate, i paid enough for it and waited over a year to find one i liked then another 3 months to get it from japan.

once my mr2 is finished i'll use that for a few weeks and take this off the road and do the same treatment i did with the mr2, which is to replace every last bush and service item like bearings etc etc, powdercoat all the suspension members and completely underseal and stone chip protect the car top to bottom.

Tim

TB Developments

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a build thread on my forum, you'll have to regester but its free so your welcome to check it out

http://www.tbdevelopments.com/forum/viewto...p;sk=t&sd=a

but spec off the top of my head

TB Dev GT2871r Turbo Kit with External Wastegaet

TB Dev Polished Intake Pipe and Filter

Greddy Intercooler

Phoenix Power S80 Exhaust

Apexi Power FC

Blitz SD Boost Controller Running 1 bar.

thats basically it, it made 315bhp at 1.1bar but was detuned to 1 bar and 300bhp for the bracket racing he does in the SDS.

Tim

TB Developments

bit of an update,

i've fitted the blitz nurspec system, really helped with the breathing at topend, it doesn't feel so strangled now near redline. really nice system ) i went for the full system back to the cat. Only downside is it really shows up where the previous owner had bodged the rear bumper to get the previous exhaust in, so now i'm on the look out for a new rear bumper, or the addition lip spoiler to match the front one

DSCN2986.jpg

DSCN2987.jpg

I also fitted my stereo from my old mr2 into the car, i was getting so bored just driving around with no music to listen to, this is just a temporary thing as i really want to sink it back into the dash a little more so the screen is flush with the panel, but that will come in time

DSCN2988.jpg

I also fitted my Blitz DSBC, its just being used as a fancy boost gauge at the moment until i get the new turbo on there and then connect up the solenoid. One of my pet hates is that aftermarket stuff is just thrown on the dash where ever, i like to keep things factory looking so i got another centre panel and made this up. I think its come out really well and retains the factory look. and it lights up green as well so matches everything.

DSCN2989.jpg

DSCN2990.jpg

Tim

TB Developments

a ***** tim looking mint mate but you know how much i like it any way

looking forward to the updates becuase i know all the parts your going to get its going to be the tidyest glanza around buddy

and once again thanks for all the work you have done for me on my V and thanks for doing my turbo change over and full service on SUNDAY mate

i recommend this person to anyone on here if they need help good advice or work done

thanks tim keep us all updated :)

thats mate for the kind comments and the business plug :)

onyl got round to doing the panard rod today and the rear ARB, its definitly made a difference, back feels alot more planted but i'm not happy with the way its fitted (as it is an upgrade over a replacement) and the way its mounted is a bit getto for my liking, but this is understandable really as there was never a factory bar to upgrade. So i think i'm going to get hold of another rear axle and using the whiteline bar completely redesign the kit so there are proper mounting points on the axle over the hoop style additions. Also i don't like how it hangs underneith so i'll probably move it to the front of the axle and have the arms go towards the front of hte car instead of trailing back, with properly welded on bodymounts as i can see the orignal setup (holes drilled into the chassis leg) ovalling up over time and causing a knocking. But all in good time. this is a spare time kinda project and it runs just fine at the mo :-D

Tim

TB Developments

Howdy Tim,

I've seen this car in person at the Japshow Finale, and it's mint. . . you're a good chap to talk to dude. All the guys and gals on the TB Developments stand were sound and welcoming too, that was a good day. I'm just glad it wasn't quite parked next to mine otherwise I would have been jealous :-)

Kev

not at all mate, nice to see it getting some attension ;)

The stand was for my business, alot of the cars on there i've had a hand in building, unfortunatly one of our drag cars blew an oilfilter relocation line half way down the track and caught fire :p probably saw us trying to burn the remaining oil out the engine bay before we could rerun after repairing it.

Also the red one just to the right of the picture is another customers car, just developed 450bhp and 370ft/lbs at 1.2bar of boost on its initial mapping session, going back in a few weeks to be mapped to 1.8bar and have the 100shot of nitrous activated :) and this is an everyday road car :p

Tim

TB Developments