Tb Developments Road Car, Ep91 :), Now Updated

been to long since i updated this. so here goes.

cars still been running fine, never let me down once. just been tweeking the setup and a few service items.

Main thing was the clutch, the exedy basically fell apart on me the rivits all came loose on the friction plate and was making a hell of a noise, done a few mr2's with the same clutches recently and they've all done the same as well, so feel its a common failure. I replaced it with a toyota friction plate as the exedy was nothing special, and re-used the exedy heavy duty pressure plate. runs much better now with just as much grab :)

the other job i finally got round to doing was fitting the front mount intercooler kit and moving the blitz filter to the front bumper, its currently at 1bar but going to 1.2bar soon with the remap and the bigger injectors. i'll probably leave the car there and just keep it maintained as it now spins through 1-3rd anyway so fast enough for a little daily drive.

The front mount filter kit i wanted to do something a bit different so hard mounted it over just silicone and cable ties. i did a test fit and found i got alot of boost creep with the air hitting the side of the filter and acting like a ram air effect. so i put a divide inside hte filter so that it still pulled in cold air but didn't get forced down over 100mph. i know its technically not ram air but it was making the filter over efficient and the wastegate even through ported couldn't keep it below 1 bar.

i also redesigned the fittment slightly and remade the main support bar for the catch so the intercooler could sit back futher. it now fits without any bumper cutting needed what so ever, also the pipes that run under the bottom cross bar into the engine bay don't hang down, they are actually about 1/2" higher than the bottom of the bumper.

if your wandering why i have the front mount ic fitted and still running the topmount its because i'm going to be clocking the turbo and making my own ic pipes so rigged it like this for now until i have them made up.

Let me know what you think of my work. Oh the blue cap on the filter is a blanking plug thats there for a cam case breather attachment but i've not got that sorted just yet.

DSCN3907.jpg

DSCN3908.jpg

DSCN3909.jpg

DSCN3910.jpg

DSCN3911.jpg

DSCN3912.jpg

DSCN3913.jpg

DSCN3914.jpg

DSCN3915.jpg

DSCN3916.jpg

DSCN3917.jpg

DSCN3918.jpg

DSCN3919.jpg

DSCN3920.jpg

DSCN3921.jpg

DSCN3922.jpg

DSCN3923.jpg

DSCN3924.jpg

DSCN3925.jpg

Edited by TBDevelopments
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Tim as always B) I see you have got rid of the P/S did you go for the MR2 electric power steering pump in the end?

Also think this Air box someone mate up in japan (i think) is a work of art might be good use to you give you more idears ect with you having more room to play with the P/S not been in the way.

19b1269d.jpg

thanks guys, well local boys you know where my workshop is just pop down when your free, give me atxt first to make sure i'm in so you don't waste a journey.

I've still got the P/S system inplace, if you look at one of hte bottom pictures you can see it hidden away, and that topmount air feed has it as well. As for the fabrication thanks my welding was all self taught :) i don't plan to make those but if people want custom fabrication doing then i'm sure i can sort something out :)

Tim

thanks mate :)

only got the ic pipes to build now, mount the FPR and get it remapped with some 375cc injectors and 1.2bar and that will be it.

although many have said thats safe on stock internals if the head gasket goes or a piston i'll rebuild with forged pistons and metal headgasket but not change the spec anymore.

got a 500bhp mr2 to build and play with now so this is hte daily

Tim :)