Tb Developments Road Car, Ep91 :), Now Updated

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys. :D

yeah the business is quite big in the gt4 and mr2 world (don't mean to sound bigheaded or anything)

just trying to get into the starlet scene, but having to do it the hardway as i can't seem to get a trader status on the forums, so have to do it via word of mouth :D

Tim

TB Developments

only thing i don't have is a rolling road because i use someone about 50miles away who does all my mapping for me, plus hes got a 250k climate controlled dyno cell with over 30years of motorsport mapping for some of the biggest companies out there. so always figured why bother when i've got someone like that i can use.

Apart from that i can do everything else. :D

and anyone that knows me from the 3sgte world will know my work reputation is flawless, producing some of the most powerfulist cars out there, believe we've done the highest power 3sgte mr2 (955bhp) in the uk and 2nd in the world

Tim

TB Developments

Shame really, im already in the process of forging so i could have gone to you as your local but no doubt others may will.

If you dont mind me asking, who do you use for RR and mapping?

Your car 2nd to Nathan Freke from Century? Shame about what happened to his.

What DID happen to his? Hadn't heard anything? :o

Was on a trailer being towed and ther was some sort of accident and i believe it got smashed up.......quite a bit. Don't know if it was insured or not as it was being towed at the time? Or something like that, someone will have the exact details. :o

As mentioned it was involved in an accident. There was a crash on the way back from race car live which involved the trailor and the Century MR2 inside it.

The car lost control of the trailer after a puncture, the trailer hit the hard shoulder and broke away. The trailer stopped dead causing the MR2 to move some 6ft forward and break through the front of it.

Shame really, so long to the fastest MR2!

Sorry for the spam Tim!

hello tim car parts are looking good so jealous buddy.lol. :o

thanks for fixing everying on me glanza v its mint now and so happy with it

tim is a good lad to know and so helpful and his work is always top class. he really know's what he is doing unlike some people around

thanks for all the work keep us updated mate :o

• 1 month later...

nope just 5e on it at the moment, but the time i'm finished it'll be a full forged 5efte with lightweight crank, rods and forged pistons, custom ARP bolts throughout. Cam'd head with uprated +1mm Oversize Valves and nicely ported.

Not sure what kind of power its going to make but i'm using a Gt2554r on a custom setup i'm doing working off my jam racing manifold and billet steel adaptor system with tial wastegate.

I'm after 200bhp which should be dead easy and as much torque as i can get. Then we'll have to see what it does around the 1.5bar mark for a play time thing.

Want to get this done asap so i can finish the project and get back onto my mr2 :) Should still be fun though.

Tim

TB Developments

:)

No way, what happened to having a standard 4EFTE lol, I love how this is just your run around aswell.

Ah well I suppose you can afford it when you make £5 a minute from your phonecalls. :D:(

Oh and with that spec you'd probably be looking closer to 300bhp rather than 200.

Would highly appreciate you fully document this build with all info and pics :)

Really looking forward to this build now, and wouldn't mind knowing costs etc too... for referance for when anyone asks me ofcourse :(:D

i plan on doing a full built up project anyway showing a step by step and the differences, whats needed etc.

plan on doing it my way as well, there are a few project threads up about this but there missing some detail, and things like hte oil filter take off "it'll be ok with just hte middle bolt" where the 4efte has the main feed bolt but also 3 securing bolts. but the 5e block has the metal there just not hte holes so i'll be machining where needed. I've also been speaking to fidanza as i'm a dealer to supply me with a blank drilled 4efte flywheel so i can just machine my own holes into the middle to fit the 5e crank. Sorts the problem of not being able to get clutches etc. Either that or i've spoke to osgiken and they said they would do the same if needed as i'm a dealer for both companies.

Gonna host all this on my website and shortly upcoming starlet parts shop.

Steve i can't believe you fell for that, was class hahaha. hope your cars all sorted and back working now.

Tim

TB Developments

There was one on ebay last week which sold for £77, I was going to buy it but would have been a few quid short considering I need to buy a rad and a windscreen aswell.

yeah a few people said £200 was a bit much but for a full bottom end which is basically a stroker setup i wasn't going to complain. i mean your looking to pay over tripple that to do the same thing to a 3sgte.

Tim

TB Developments