Rip My Poor Starlet

well guys im afraid and saddened to sy i was involved in a small accident today

i was going down a road to drop my missus off at her house. she lives on a main road so i went down a bit to turn round. i indicated, braked and slowed right down to turn right. i went in to the right hand turning point in the road and just started turning, next thing i know BANG someone ran straight into the side of me. and worst of all it was a volvo which you all know are like tanks. whats funny though is he tried overtaking me on the other side of the road on a slightly blind bend when he was supposed to be going straight ahead. he was about 70 years old so i went over and checked everyone was alright luckily there was no injurys at all. after that he said that i swang out in front of him. i said how could i i was braking had my indicator on and was in the middle section of the road. plus i stated that he shouldnt have tried overtaking me at all SPECIALLY with a trailor on the back.

anyway i assesed the damage and its pretty bad. driveshafts been pushed in, axle looks bent. manifolds cracked etc engine looks twisted. basically its all been bent. door wont shut properly frames warped :) tried driving it steerings very bent and its crabbing its arse off

so basically its a rite off, total rite off. i got the guys insurance details and my mate came out and took loads of pics and we even got a google maps image and drew lines on the puter of my intended route, his etc etc to show him being in the wrong

but all this time and work i put into my beloved starlet and on old fart not concentrating has ruined it all

just hope he accepts liability and i get a pay out and hopefully get a starlet back in my posession

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the kind words guys

im absolutely gutted really am

i just hope he accepts liability cause then we can get the ball rolling nd get a pay out for a new car

if he denies it and it goes to an investigation it could take months and i cant afford a new car. every penny i have has been spent on that car :)

Orrrrrrr badarss i feel for ya matey you have put your heart and sole into your car mate

i hope you get a pay out so you can start off with a new project again even though you

should'nt have to....right everyone we should donate like everyone dose for charity for

badarss a new car lol he is a starlet nut through and through :)

cheers mickey haha will be nice just to get the money for a new one then i can start all over again atleast il be getting my daily dose of starlet lol really cant believe it im really devastated :)

and cheers curt hmmmm a reshell would be nice just want my baby back :o

I know how you feel mate I had my old Starlet wrote off by some old numpty a few months ago, similar sort of situation I was on a main road they pulled out of a side road without properly looking and tried to say I was speeding (I couldn't have been, I'd just gone past a speed camera), but I ended up quite lucky, kept all my mods, got over £1100 back from it and it was only a Sportif.

Don't waste any time getting onto the insurance although I'm sure you already have. Get everything done a.s.a.p and make sure you can easily prove that they were in the wrong.

My insurance took about a month to sort out, for a few weeks I heard nothing then I had a letter saying the other party's insurance admitted liability, I got a cheque through a few days later, then took me ages to look for a car and I've ended up with a nice CRX. :)

i hope it all works out for you mate...And the new one might have a roll cage hmmmmm :o not a time to laugh i know

but you have to keep ya chin up... im in for a 10er donation if everyone els is lol if you get a 10er off everyone you will

have a new beast in know time :)

haha a tenner off all 5000 members would be nice lmao

but nah seriously my next starbo will have a cage lol it will be on the criteria for buying one lol

it doesnt just annoy me all the mods etc I've put on it its the fact I've rebuilt nearly everything on it. all new engine, drivetrain etc etc all new so im really gutted.

a lot of time and effort and for now for fuck all :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww dude no way!

i am honestly gutted for you! i cant say anything that Jay hasn't already said, he is spot on! get anything and everything off that u possibly can and stash it somewhere safe!

the most important thing is that u and the mrs walked away dude! if he's trying to blame you it makes me think he knows he was in thr wrong and is trying to shy away from responsibility! if the cops dont already know, u may even consider reporting it for information purposes.

take care man and anything UKSC can do to help, we are here man!

also....pics of your wife????????????????????? hehe thought that might cheer u up!

Phil.

Shit Dude, i have just got in and seen this!!!! :)

Im so sorry to hear this mate, at least your ok and thats what counts. I had something similar a few months back when a bmw clipped my misses at 75mph on the motorway. She was very lucky to be alive!!!!!

I hope everything gets worked out and its all easy with not too much hassle mate. And i promise i will take you for a extra long spin in the beast. Actually, if you happen to be at a track day when i have it i will even let you DRIVE it!!!!!! :o

cheers guys its nice to know everyone cares lol

well she certainly did her job. its nice to know that starlets are hard bastards and can take it lol i mean a bloody volvo!!! there like tanks and the volvo came out with just as many injuries as mine lol now that is impressive

dont worry guys i will vow to get over this and il be back with a car more powerful and stronger than ever lol

just need to get the insurers on my side lol

Mate that proper s***

I hate when people dont admit when there in the wrong!

Pisses me off so much!

Glad your all ok though

Hope insurance sorts it self up n your starbod back up soon mate :)

x