Fairly close to getting this on the road now once the Starlet is sold, still got a fair bit to do to atleast get it driveable, replace a wheel stud, get the seats re-trimmed, sort out the TPS, and still got to do the fucking sun roof.

Ordered some wheel studs and an amp wiring kit so should be getting the wheel stud done and get my sub & amp wired up.

Steering wheel still hasn't turned up I am getting pretty pissed off with waiting for it now! So might ask for my money back and buy one somewhere else. :)

Poly bushes/big brakes/coilovers will probably have to wait until next year though. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was picking up an MR2 yesterday and the lads had several banger/stock cars including an EG Civic. I said "they doa good job for a cheap car" etc and he said " come and see my other one".....so off we went, and it was:

- White

- EG hatch...

- Black 15" (E30 BMW) BBS's, with slicks!

- A 140bhp vtec.....

- ANOTHER 140bhp vtec in the back!!!!! <<< :thumbsup:

Good man!!!!!

:lol:

I needed a "cheap" but decent head unit as the one that was in the car didn't have RCA pre outs.

Should be a good enough sound system for me, 2 front speakers + tweeters, 2 rear speakers, and a sub + amp in the boot. Nothing special but apart from the head unit it was either given to me for free or came with the car so I can't complain lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Wont have any pics of the car until it's on the road - it's stuck in the garage at the minute covered in dust lol. As soon as I sell the Starlet it's going back on the road after being locked away for 7 months. ^_^

I really can't wait to t-cut and polish it after giving my sister's Starlet a good go over and seeing how good red looks when it's shiney.

Since my last post:

- I have ALMOST got the stupid sun roof working.

- Ordered a Nardi 350mm steering wheel seeing as the OMP dished wheel I ordered back in january still hasn't turned up. £60 out of pocket I think. :thumbsup:

- Ordered some red wheel nuts from 12tune.

- Swapped all the tyres over so I've now got Toyo Proxes T1R all round (2x part worn/2x brand new).

- Fitted the headunit and wired up my sub & amp. Sounds great, it's nice to have a decent system for once.

These are the wheel nuts I've bought, nothing special but much better than the shit that was on there, usually I wouldn't buy "bling" shit like this but I really do need new ones:

http://shop.12tune.com/browse-by-car-brand...t-fittings.html

And this is the steering wheel I've bought (2nd hand), should do the job until I sort out what's happening with the OMP wheel:

P1010264.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Steering wheel and wheel nuts have arrived, going to put the wheel nuts on next time I go up the garage, I also fitted the steering wheel the other day, obviously haven't had a chance to drive with it but oh my god what a difference!

For a start you can actually see the speedo and rev gauge now, and it's got much more of a solid feeling and alot easier to turn.

I'm planning on finishing off all the odd jobs this week, then as soon as I sell the Starlet I'll tax & insure this and finally get to drive it!

I'll have to get the camera out and take pics of a few things, this topic is a bit lifeless without pictures lol.

I got all the interior back in yesterday, the sun roof "kind of" works, I'll sort it out properly at a later date but for now atleast everything's back in. I totally forgot how low you are sat in this car, I can't see the bonnet at all.

After nearly 7 months waiting the OMP steering wheel finally turned up, but I think I prefer the Nardi one anyway. :thumbsup:

I think I might go up the garage this morning and start prepping/painting the brake calipers, I'll try to get some pics.

Got a few random pictures, nothing special but better than nothing.

First off here's the OMP wheel I've been waiting for ages to turn up:

omp.jpg

But for now I've decided I'm going to use the Nardi wheel I bought instead, ignore the horn button that's just what came with it, I'm going to get a "H" Honda sticker to go over it:

nardib.jpg

interiorhk.jpg

Finally got the sun roof to work - sort of.

Here you can see it fully closed/fully open, it usually opens fine but it gets stuck closing it so you have to hold it up whilst pressing the button to close it and sometimes it still doesn't work, but fuck it I've had enough of the damn thing.

sunroofclosed.jpg

sunroofopen.jpg

And finally the wheel stud that broke, going to get this done later today if I get the chance:

brokenstud.jpg

To do:

- Replace the broken wheel stud

- Paint the brake calipers

- Fix the TPS error

More to come!

This is what I got started with today, obviously going to do all four but this is one of the back ones.

I know the discs are looking a bit rusty, that rust will soon be gone though once the brakes have had a bit of use. <_<

Starting to prep:

caliper1v.jpg

Almost done:

caliper2.jpg

First coat:

caliper3.jpg

After a few more coats, quick test of what it looks like with the (dirty) wheel on:

caliper4.jpg

:lol:

Yeah nothing special really, at some point though when I have some money probably next year I want to get some MeisterR coilovers and big brake kit, aswell as replacing all the bushes with polyurethane ones and doing all the suspension components getting them painted up etc...

• 4 weeks later...

MOT failed. :(

But it's not all that bad, it only failed on a broken spring, so I'm going to just order some new springs tonight, bit of an annoyance and a waste as I was planning to get coilovers anyway but I can't afford them just yet.

If I can get some springs ordered tonight with quick delivery I still have a very good chance of being on the road by the weekend. :thumbsup: