• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers lads! It's all on now, will take a pic after work!

Next task is to get the bay spick and span for JF2. Alu i/c pipes are a bit pitted now but will do my best. And I still need to get a bloody catchcan!

Massive thanks to dad (blutto) for finishing it off yesterday while I was at work!

Edited by Bluebear
  • 2 months later...

Quick update.

On the way back from JF2, my 5th gear decided that it didn't want to stay in gear any more; holding it while travelling around the M60 and then up the M65/A55 to Burnley was fun. Corolla 5-speed box sourced for £90 notes, and I was sorted. However, first and second are really temperamental with regards to coming out and going into gear; sometimes they won't come out of gear unless I blip the throttle a bit. I'm just wondering if my clutch is giving up the ghost.

Will be changing the gearbox oil again to see if that cures anything.

Other than that, no updates. Money has been seriously tight. I had to change one thing though:

ZN7Trxd.jpg

Sard boost gauge, looks smart as fuck. The red ring isn't actually lit; its the reflection of the red needle in the metal bezel.

• 3 months later...

Been pretty much of the opinion that my Spec is fucked. Dragging all the time, and will in fact be quite happily still be engaged in first even though the pedal is down to the floor. Just had the slave cylinder replaced too so it isn't that.

Even if the Spec is fine, I'll just sell it on and put in the Ogura, because they are fantastic clutches. Heaviness can take some getting used too, especially in stop-start traffic, but when you're really going along, it's a joy to use.

• 3 months later...

Well, this hasn't been posted on in a while!

First major thing is... that noise I had been hearing for about the best part of 8 months turns out to be a knackered bottom end :p

Oil starvation seems to have been the issue, I must have been giving it too much welly around a roundabout at some point. Anyway, got that all sorted out, crank only needed a polish. Got the Ogura fitted at the same time!

And as if there wasn't a respray noted down in my head already due to the previous owners dubious paintjob and the small amount of body parts I've been amassing ( :ph34r:), I caused myself to mentally underline note further that by introducing the passenger side of the car to a low drystone wall. Whoops. It seems that the moulding has taken all of the brunt of the damage (it was a *very* low stone wall), and thankfully completely missed the Rays! So glad I hadn't gotten any spacers on yet!

Anyway!!

I have this little mystery parcel on the way:
zA0FHSc.jpg

Should be with me in the next few days hopefully.

Next on the list of things to get is a catch can, some new pads and discs (thinking WMS 110% discs and DS2500 for this).

nice to see an update buddy!

Looking forward to seeing all these mystery body parts.

Also, put your wheels back the other way please, my eyes can't adjust to 5s on the front. :p :p

Phil.

I actually like them a lot better with the 5s on the front!!

Well, mystery parcel arrived today! OEM 3-point strut brace from TC Dave (a name which some of the older lads may recognise!) All plastics there apart from the very lower one that covers the hole in the carpet, and on a whole, quite good condition considering the age of these now!

Always wanted one of these, chuffed!

I honestly did not know what a bottom end knock sounded like, and even my dad didn't think it was bottom end as it sounded too much like something in top-end (drawing from his early years experience of quality British car engineering there :p)

At least I know now :D

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I've posted in here!

Not much to report really, just fitted the WMS 110% discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Pad carriers needed some... *ahem* 'careful' massaging with an angle grinder to stop the pad retaining clips from fouling on the disc (even with supplied shims fitted), but once that was sorted, and a bit taken off the outwards facing edge of the pad carrier to stop it from fouling on the spoke rears of the Volks, all is well.

Pads feel 10x better than my old Yellowstuffs, but I still feel there's room for improvement. I think braided lines will be the next mod to braking!

Mighty Trust Krusher will be getting a bit of attention on Friday and Saturday to get it cleaned for JF2 (and to fix whatever is stopping the passenger window going down; lest my passenger gets cooked from lack of fresh air :p )

• 5 months later...

Quite some time since I updated this last!

Well, window problem was 'fixed'. Had the door all apart when I looked over to the drivers side and noticed there was such a thing as a passenger window lock button... Hou was not amused when I told him, as he was the one complaining on the way down to JF2 about not being able to put it down :p

Since then, I've had the horrible cloudy, faded, aged tints taken out and replaced with new tints. Absolute nightmare to get them out, even when having to resort to a stanley blade to scrape them off, the tint was turning into powder. Anyway, that got done and the car looked well at JAE!

Not really had any other issues, apart from one. Got a collapsed wheel bearing on the first day back to work this year, and that had fucked the axle. And due to Toyota's infinite wisdom and deciding to weld the stub axles onto the beam, I had to source a replacement beam. While I was at it, the replacement beam got beadblasted and powdercoated, and polybushed the trailing arms. Tried to get a Whiteline RARB, but most places seemed to be out of stock (issue on Whiteline's end), so that'll have to wait until another time.

Not much of an update, but it's an update nonetheless!

• 8 months later...