all sounds good buddy, nice and solid figures and nothing suspicious on the graphs. Good amount of power without stressing her too much, especially given she's a daily! Good shout dude.

Also, Volks 5/4s are for sexy bastards.

I know that u know this.

I know that u know that I know this.

I know that u know that I know that u know this.

But its worth stating periodically nonetheless, as other people need to know what you know that I know that you know.

Phil.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all sounds good buddy, nice and solid figures and nothing suspicious on the graphs. Good amount of power without stressing her too much, especially given she's a daily! Good shout dude.

Also, Volks 5/4s are for sexy bastards.

I know that u know this.

I know that u know that I know this.

I know that u know that I know that u know this.

But its worth stating periodically nonetheless, as other people need to know what you know that I know that you know.

Phil.

:D

Can't get over how lush the gold bronze colour looks on them! Shame that the wheel refurbers did a cack-handed job when they did them a second time, I think they basically just keyed them and gave the front faces another coat, backs of them is all shit.

Not taking anything to Wheel Repair Centre, Bamber Bridge again!

Anyway, need to get onto Josh in a few weeks time, see about getting some decals made up for them in black.

Picked up the scoop in my lunch break, looks lovely. Now I just need to buy some Tigerseal (Halfrauds don't seem to stock it), and get it on!

Also Yellowstuff pads are fucking horrid. I regret buying them now, seem to be worse than the Hawk pads it had on before.

Edited by Bluebear

Ah no worries then was going to say that my old Zisco kit and turbo went to string and that might be why the turbo made good power ;) but it's not so ignore me!

Also I hated my yellow stuffs!

As some of you saw on Facebook, a few days after putting on my 5/4s, I've had to put the Rotards back onto my rear. The culprit? A screw through one of my barely used S.Drives :( Got it repaired today, and will probably fit them back on Sunday along with the reverse scoop from Starbuck!

The one thing I am debating now though.... which way round do I put them on? :D
CRXonVolkRacing54s.jpg

Edited by Bluebear
  • 2 weeks later...

Fitted my reverse scoop on Sunday, bonded it in with some Tigerseal. It's not the best fit in the world (2-3mm gap either side), and the slightly different paint colour sticks out a bit more than I thought it would but I'm not too bothered. There's already a chip on one edge where it fell through my bonnet and landed on my manifold when fitting it <_<

2WwPcyT.jpg

And a full shot.
4ve954i.jpg

Amazing how different it looks. Certainly (to my eyes), it looks a lot more purposeful, from both a side profile and from the drivers seat!

hott. end of.

also, you're wheels are the correct way round, according to the oracle of these wheels, Rick @ TC Tuning! ;)

also the above picture doesnt count. Its a Honda. Therefore, behave, and leave them alone. Or I shall disown u from the 5/4s club! :p

Phil.

But then why aren't they called 4/5s?!?!?

WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER.

This is clearly an attempt to sow chaos and implement the beginning of a new world order.

THE BLACK HELICOPTERS ARE COMING OH GOD.

Edited by Bluebear

they arent called 4/5s because the Japanese read the other way around??

I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I want to know!!!! although I think even if they are meant to be the other way around, i would leave mine as is, just to be a prick.

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing a leakdown test on Sunday, I'm happy to say that the engine itself is absolutely fine, so I'm not getting blowby.

That, coupled with absolutely no oil leaks, and the smoking on idle when hot, only leads me to believe that the turbo seals are on the way out. I still have my old CT9 in the shed, so I'll probably get that sent off to Liam at some point to make it minty fresh and rotated slightly to suit the zisco kit and my hot pipe, and then swap them round.

Other than that, not much else has been happening. I think a RARB may be next on the list, and to start gathering the bushes needed to re-do the front suspension assemblies, make everything nice and tight.

Edited by Bluebear
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally sorted something that had been doing my absolute nut in for yonks on Sunday. Cluster out, old shitty blue and blown bulbs out, and fresh greeny coloured ones from Toyota in. Looks 10x better now. The speedo cable on the back of the cluster doesn't really secure though; the previous owner hadn't pushed the clip back so it's been bent out of shape and won't 'click' any more. Not too bothered at the moment though.

• 1 month later...

don't worry I bent my volks a guy got the bends out for 25 pound and he done a great job with min paint damage

Its fixable just not cheap

i just need to ge them painted now only on the rim

624CB46B-97ED-4C73-B90E-B161D6A7A489_zps

Edited by Dean_mc88
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, got my spare CT9 sent off to Liam to work his skills on it. Got it back today, so hopefully I can get that fitted before next weekend. I'll be going down to a rolling road meet in Tewkesbury on the 9th, the same place I got my 172bhp result earlier this year. It'll be interesting to see if there's any change!

ZOMaeaI.jpg

uOMXQZ9.jpg

zkQsS12.jpg

Lbkiupr.jpg

Cannot thank Liam_D enough. Superb service from him and Midland Turbo, this thing is like new.

Hopefully I can get a good chunk of removing the old one and fitting the new one done tonight then finish it off tomorrow evening!

Edited by Bluebear