• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ive lost a few months again!!! doh :p loving the seats rich :D have you trimmed the rear bech to match??? are the standard glanza door cards a close match to the fabric??? as thats one thing i havent sorted yet!! The wheels are lookoing spanktastic too :p i really need to do my speedlines!!

winter wheels & decat update

ok, spent the whole day fittin the decat and fitting my new winter wheels.

heres the progress pictures of the day...

DSC00216-1.jpg

DSC00215-1.jpg

removed cat

DSC00254.jpg

turbo looks in good condition!

DSC00249-1.jpg

DSC00250-1.jpg

DSC00251-1.jpg

DSC00252-1.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

fitted decat

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

made a big difference. very pleased!

wheels fitted

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00259-1.jpg

i'll do a bit of a writeup later tonight, and some better pics when i get a chance!

ok guys, the writeup.

got cracking on the spigots for the wheels at 12.30pm, oz wanted £50 for a set with nuts... so bollocks to them, i'll make my own thank you very much!

the wheels came with spigots to the size of 66.1mm but our starbo's are 54.1mm, so i ordered a set of spigots that were 67mm outer diameter and 54.1mm inner diameter... my intention was to press them inside the oz alloy spigot to create a set of spigots the correct fitment.

heres the original spigot.

DSC00243.jpg

and heres the new 'inner' spigot

DSC00244-1.jpg

i had the file out all the crap from where the wheels had been in storage

DSC00246-1.jpg

this is what i was faced with

DSC00245-1.jpg

the way i got these to fit was to heat the oven slightly and put the alloy outer spigots in until they were quite warm to allow the metal to expand, and while they were getting warm i put the inner spigots in the freezer to cool them down and to make the plastic contract

when they were ready i took them into the vice and pressed them in, bit of a pain (small vice) but it all went ok.

DSC00247-1.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

ready to fit!

next was the decat. i had given it a cleanup so it looked nice and shiny (not that it'll stay that way!) but first things first i had to get my old gutted cat out the way.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ARSE considering i had never done this before! i didnt even realise it was bolted to a brace! the worst bit was finding the room to extract most nuts/bolts.

but once the new decat was inplace... WHAT A DIFFERENCE! feels much better... exhaust note sounds evil too!

anyone using a gutted cat invest in one of these... makes a world of difference!

next i got putting the wheels on, noting major here, only problem i had was that the new home made spigots were a tiny bit too small (probably to do with the process) so i used a bit of emery paper to knock them back a bit, and got my new rays nuts on too!

the tyre profile is a bit too high theyre a 195/55/r15 but theyre just to get me thru winter, but i defo noticed the difference in the weight and performance... not that im saying these are heavy, because theyre not too bad, its just that the black racings are soo bloody light! im in two minds whether or not to strip down the black racings and do them for winter wheels and buy a nice set for summer... hmmm what do you guys think??

noice update dude but i must complain about the poor pic quality!!! FOR SHAME!!!! thats not like u richard!!! i deamand better pics! and daytime wheel pics!

Phil.

i must agree with you there phil! but i started this at 12.30pm and didnt finish until 6.30pm! so good pics will be on the way tomorrow. :lol:

Good updates mate, wheels look good from what i can see but they are very dark.

I'll look forward to better quality pics

cheers mate. they'll be here tomorrow.

nice work indeed mate, glad to see some impressive progress in the last few weeks

tubby looks in great condition

cheers matey, yeah, i was pretty surprised with the condition of it! i was expecting a nice big crack in the wastegate housing!

Wheels look awsome!!!! :p

cheers mate.

Looking good B)

Have you resolved your power issue now by the way?

not too sure... paul w had a drive in it and reconed it was fine... so maybe its just me! but it we both established its overfueling like a sod...

good tinkering Rich, glad to see u back on here more regularly

cheers buddy, yeah i need more updates! your overtaking me somewhat!

Awsome work Scutchy :D

cheers buddy.

when you say made a big difference could you describe?

more torque??

are you happy with the speed of your ep now?

not really, it just smooths everything out... the only way i can describe it is how the rolla mani free's up a n/a, if you know what i mean? power all the way thru the revrange etc.

reasonably happy with it... looking forward to getting the mani on, but really want to get ti running right so its not overfueling. i'd be even more happy if i had my old black racings on! o boy i miss them!

Your car is coming on great man. Jeezz Good update... :p

cheers matey

Nice write up :lol:

Wheels look pretty tidy, I await better pictures!

better pics below!

great write up dude!!!! nice use of the kitchen utilities!!!! :p:D :D

lookin forward to pics!

Phil.

im surprise i havent had a challenge scutch0 comment phil! :p

better pics

PA230004.jpg

PA230005.jpg

PA230006.jpg

PA230008.jpg

PA230009.jpg

PA230010.jpg

Good write up mate

I personally think you should leave the black racing's for the summer as they suit your car very well.

What wheels was you thinking of though?

yeah, thats what i keep thinking... but i dont know whether i'll make it thru the winter like this!! :lol:

im not sure... i'd like some rota gt3's in red or white or some jmag's!!