Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well while im bored waiting for my engine to come decided to get the sound deadening patch out the spare wheel well

DSCF0234.jpg

Took ages still got a few little bits to do but the main bits out. Little advice to anyone trying it. simple hammer and screwdriver its easy. just got to persist with it.

As you can see its pretty manky in the back so its getting sanded down and resprayed soon :) hopefully going to prep it ready tomorrow

Also decided to do some stickering up too heres the results

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0231.jpg

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

Well still no engine :(

going to give it till the end of today if no sign im ringing up cause its been well more than 10 days now :)

First Job I've been doing is giving the back a good clean, sand down and 4 layers of hammerite. well worth doing and looks a lot fresher

Before

100_0119-1.jpg

100_0118-1.jpg

After

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0247.jpg

Much Much better :(

I've ordered some more grommets to for the holes in the back theres 3 45mm ones and a 27mm one which i removed so new ones should look better as the old ones are a bit tatty

Also ordered a blanking grommet for my rear wiper hole as it doesnt and had never worked since i got it and cant be arsed to find out why so i thought id remove it too

DSCF0249.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

Much better and a little bit more weight removed too :p

Also my ACT uprated clutch has just arrived thanks to Ricky Lee

DSCF0252.jpg

Yesterday took the front hubs to a local garage to get the front wheel bearings pressed out and 2 new ones put in

shite pic but thought id take one anyway

DSCF0245.jpg

Finially toyota decat/turbo gasket arrived from camskill as the one you get with the exhausts are cheap shit and started blowing like hell as soon as i out it on. always go genuine especially with things like this

Plus toyota rocker cover nuts. waiting for the washers to arrive but they are on hold from Japan and as understandable with things over there at the min there is a delay on them. needed the washers more than the nuts as oils slightly leaking from the rocker cover cause mine are missing

DSCF0244.jpg

More coming when i get things done :p

Just received this

Civic Rad mounting kit

DSCF0254.jpg

and just gone and bought some flat blade bendy wipers :)

DSCF0255.jpg

Need to get my 6x9's in as well for a bit better audio quality. not quite sure what to do as not only do i have no parcel shelf but no interior at all in the rear. i was going to board the back out and cut some holes in it for speakers but decided to leave it stripped out. So my new idea is something like this

you wont be able to see them though. little boxes behind the drivers seat and passenger seat in the footwell worth a shot i think. im removing the rear quarter plastics soon so that wont work

Looks great ! Did you paint the rear with rattle cans ?? :(

nah mate hammerite and a paint pad. was going to do rattle cans but paint spray paint gets everywhere no matter how much you cover things and mask it off so decided to hammerite it :)

uber work. i have a dream to one day strip mine out too, but right now i like my tunes too much!!!

keep it up bro!

Phil.

Haha i know what you mean. looks good stripping it out but its very very noisey and no where to put a sub and amp lol

I'll tell you one thing about ownership of starlets is that out of all the cars i have ever owned, i have never known a group of people who take their engines out so often! lol

Im on my 3rd time already!!

Hope you get it all back together soon :(

haha im on my third time too :( mines always for rebuild/revision of spec though :p

chin up steve sure ricky will have it done in the next few days :) could always of saved some £££ and built the engine yourself, ask the sparkster sure he will agree with me thats its honestly not that hard to do and if you have the time it can be done in a day or two tops!!

Fake floor with sub and amp in that Steve? Can always take it out for trackdays etc :(

nah just spent all that time sanding and painting the back like the way it looks and cant be arsed to make a false floor lol no subs and amps either. the area i live in it will be broken into straight away lol

haha im on my third time too mines always for rebuild/revision of spec though

chin up steve sure ricky will have it done in the next few days could always of saved some £££ and built the engine yourself, ask the sparkster sure he will agree with me thats its honestly not that hard to do and if you have the time it can be done in a day or two tops!!

you seem to be confusing me with socks dude lol i do all my own work on mine ricky hasnt touched it :p

Looks amazing dude

My grommet holes are taped over so I need to replace them :( where did you get them from and what size is the rear wiper one?

I've got a 5 pack of rear wiper blanking grommets dude PM me your delivery address and il get one sent over to you for free as soon as it arrives :p

WHered you get them front wipers from?

Motosave dude like under 20 quid for them best wipers by far :)

thought you said he,s building the engine for you and thats what you where waiting on? or have i miss understood somewhere?

nah mate im waiting on a new recon engine from off the internet lol i mentioned ricky cause i got my ACT clutch off him thats all lol

Sweet cheers mate will PM you now but I still need to know where you got the interior ones from :( lol

erm the bay mate, theres 1 45mm one in the spare wheel well and one 27mm one.then theres 2 more 45mm ones further up. il have a spare 27mm one so i can send you that too when i send one for the rear wiper. but the 45mm ones are very hard to get hold of. cheapest one I've found so far are 8 quid EACH :)

just type in 44mm grommet on ebay and you'll find it