Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get on with polishing the intercooler pipework now Steve!!!! Then when you get the clutch today you can fit that and the pipework will be able to go on straight away without any delay!

Jason :wub:

took the whole intercooler system off yesterday at like 8 at night. battery off etc clutch linkage also off its in bits. lol was going to do the clutch today but not 100% sure i can do it on my own so going to get my next door neighbour to do it cause he did it on my black GT. so going to put everything back together tomorrow and do the clutch tuesday instead.

BUT the front mount has been cleaned and polished so thats going on tomorrow now :lol: pics will be uploaded tomorrow for definiate :harhar:

**Update**

well first off can i start by saying aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right now thats over what a bloody day. EVERYTHING has gone wrong today. been on it since 9 o clock and only just finished. Well i started to fit my front mount intercooler and started with the hot pipe first problem. it would not go on at all. took the filter relocation kit off still not fitting. moved all the bulky electric cable protectors that were in the way near the headlight and guess what STILL wouldnt line up right. Had to move the whole powersteering solid pipe right near the pump which was stiff as hell and finially it gave in. next problem. fitting the FMIC nearly every clip (out of like 5 that were sent) were buggered. so not only did the guy who sold me the cooler not put all the pipe clips in the ones that were put in were crap and really wont hold boost. the ok ones were used and a few other ones i had lying around but im not happy at all. THEN noticed a few of the blue hose pipes that join the ally pipes together had holes in them 2 ply deep and theres only 3 plys on the hose. so 3 pipes are seriously close to having huge holes in them which all need replacing. :D

So I've paid all that money for a cooler thats pipes ad all clips need replacing and them things dont come cheap. im going to ask the guy i got it off if he will refund me say £30 to put towards replacing these things as he told me that everything was ok.......oh and also he sent one buggered bracket dow with the cooler too so basically all thats holding it on now is the pipes :thumbsup:

not a happy bunny by this point. then i had to spend ages bodging the dumpvalve onto the FMIC cause im too skint to get one made up at roose motorsport till payday in 2 weeks. i hate bodging really do but i have no choice at the min.

Anyway intercoolers on pic below

Photo0213.jpg

Put battery back on then re-conected clutch linkage i took off to do the clutch then posponed till tuesday. struck her up and was really suprised that she run with no leaking from the shitty clips holding the pipes on. got in to take it for a spin NO CLUTCH. investigated this and to cut a long story short i pulled all bits off and put them back on and tried again. pumped like hell on the clutch and it started to get stiffer so went to drive it and it worked...PHEW!!!!

finially went to put the bumper back on that had been cut for a front mount and guess what......didnt fit by a mile. so I've been driving around like this for an hour \/\/\/\/

Photo0214.jpg

Got to admit i like the drag look ;) got some right funny looks driving round like it though B):lol:

anyway going to get the bumper cut tomorrow and fitted but what a gay ass day proper annoyed today with her

so I've decided im going back to basics. no modifying for a while going to focus on the basic mechanics on the car now to the finest detail till shes perfect. and yes that does mean new nuts bolts and washers on EVERYTHING B)

Fooooooooooooooooook me that is one rant mate lol....I think its time for you to slow down abit mate you have been flat out on this for a few weeks now!!!You have done so much to her in such a sort space of time.SLOW down :thumbsup:

Hope you get you refund mate thats not on at all!!!

Big Rant or what! LOL

Steve, sometimes these things have to go backwards slightly before you can go forward again. I found out this with the Demon, had to cut the chassis apart just to get the coilovers to go on properly.

Good idea to just have a step back and concentrate on the mechanics, i have pretty much done the same and put a stop on buying any more parts for the buggy for a few months!!!! That doesn't mean im going to stop working on it but concentrate on getting the buggy put together!!!

Steve, if you need any bolts just give me a shout!!! We have thousands of bolts that where donated to us by Stanner lifts. They are mostly M5,M4 and M 8 but i can easily send you a selection of what we have and they can be used where they fit. Can't Garantee they will be of any use but more than likely come in handy here and there!

Jason :thumbsup:

Fooooooooooooooooook me that is one rant mate lol....I think its time for you to slow down abit mate you have been flat out on this for a few weeks now!!!You have done so much to her in such a sort space of time.SLOW down

Hope you get you refund mate thats not on at all!!!

yeah your right mate im putting every penny and every bit of effort into her so for now im going to slow down, save money and enjoy her standardness a bit more for now i think

Ahhhh bad news mate

Hope you get her sorted for JapSparkySexFest, :thumbsup:

Sounds good about the all new bolts and washers though

yeah mate i like the sound of that too ;) and donw worry il be at JapSparkySexFest no matter what mate car or no car haha

Big Rant or what! LOL

Steve, sometimes these things have to go backwards slightly before you can go forward again. I found out this with the Demon, had to cut the chassis apart just to get the coilovers to go on properly.

Good idea to just have a step back and concentrate on the mechanics, i have pretty much done the same and put a stop on buying any more parts for the buggy for a few months!!!! That doesn't mean im going to stop working on it but concentrate on getting the buggy put together!!!

Steve, if you need any bolts just give me a shout!!! We have thousands of bolts that where donated to us by Stanner lifts. They are mostly M5,M4 and M 8 but i can easily send you a selection of what we have and they can be used where they fit. Can't Garantee they will be of any use but more than likely come in handy here and there!

Jason

jase you well and truly are my saviour. if you can would you do that lol im no good at m;s lol i really could do with loads and loads of 10mm's and 12mm's but whatever youve got mate that would be brill. i will give you a donation for them dont worry but would help a lot as it would soon add up buying new nuts and bolts for everything B)

thanks mate loving the new avatar pic by the way :lol:

yeah your right mate im putting every penny and every bit of effort into her so for now im going to slow down, save money and enjoy her standardness a bit more for now i think

yeah mate i like the sound of that too :thumbsup: and donw worry il be at JapSparkySexFest no matter what mate car or no car haha

jase you well and truly are my saviour. if you can would you do that lol im no good at m;s lol i really could do with loads and loads of 10mm's and 12mm's but whatever youve got mate that would be brill. i will give you a donation for them dont worry but would help a lot as it would soon add up buying new nuts and bolts for everything B)

thanks mate loving the new avatar pic by the way :D

No worries Steve, im back to work on Monday so can have a look at what we got. I think most bolts will be M6 which i can't send out as they are the main ones we use. but i defo have M 8 in stainless hex head, M5 hex head Countersunk (Black) and M4 (same as the M5's). Will have a little look at what we got and bag up a selection, if any of them are usefull then i may be able to supply more. :lol:

You want them sent to Socks again???

Jason ;)

No worries Steve, im back to work on Monday so can have a look at what we got. I think most bolts will be M6 which i can't send out as they are the main ones we use. but i defo have M 8 in stainless hex head, M5 hex head Countersunk (Black) and M4 (same as the M5's). Will have a little look at what we got and bag up a selection, if any of them are usefull then i may be able to supply more. :thumbsup:

You want them sent to Socks again???

Jason :lol:

yes please mate same address please its a business address so someones always there lol you got my number too havnt you incase you need me?

by the way quick tutorial please whats m4,5,6,7,8 etc in regards to mm lol im a bit old school for 21 years old lol

yes please mate same address please its a business address so someones always there lol you got my number too havnt you incase you need me?

by the way quick tutorial please whats m4,5,6,7,8 etc in regards to mm lol im a bit old school for 21 years old lol

M4,5,6,7,8 is the thread size of the bolts. Most of the bolts used around the engine trim and car will more than likely be M6 and about 12-20mm long. Nearly all the threads on the car will be a Metric type (so M something). Then you get different thread pitch's so M4 Fine, standard and Corse......but thats going into more detail. :thumbsup:

ahhhh i just know mm's mate but im sure il work it out haha

im actually more excited at the thought of replacing standard bolts than i am to have the front mount fitted haha

im a young james may :thumbsup:

thanks so much for this jase I actually feel like humping your leg :lol: