• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also interested to hear what you mean about TD maps?

If you read the last page of Charlotte's thread here, you can see what Will found when he examined her car after it was mapped at TD:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/48012-charlottes-gt-advance-massive-overdue-update/page-9#entry894100

Apparently the setup was suspected to be the cause behind her melted pistons and Taggy had similar sympoms after his map there...

Phil the oil is recommended bt the engine builder.

Azz and Liam as above from Phil and thanks for the link

I have also fitted the 2.5 system from Dean.

I also had build issues with TD that I am not prepared to discuss

John

Just seems a bit weird to me how everyone is suddenly having issues and nothing was raised at the time? But it's not good that there's issues and hope it gets sorted

Mines been 100% until my coil failed last week! :(

Mine hasn't missed a beat since I bought it off your bro lee , not one issue! I'm hoping once it's forged it will be even safer and stronger , like is a forged engine running 300bhp as safe as a std engine running 200 bhp?

I also had build issues with TD that I am not prepared to discuss

John

oh and me.....also the finish on some things where ***** inlet mani/rocker cover and turbo sprayed in tin cans... for the price paid would expect it to be powder coated etc

@liam d Just seems a bit weird to me how everyone is suddenly having issues and nothing was raised at the time? But it's not good that there's issues and hope it gets sorted

Mines been 100% until my coil failed last week! :(

suppose can not be bothered to speak up tbh... do not get me wrong there map to me was sick on my white v and my brothers... just my black forged was alittle bit strange with the build and the way it boosted and the ""short" pipe made for the turbo :/

Edited by iamlegend

It's annoying hearing this , I'm booked in on the 15th for forging n I don't wanna have doubts about something that's costs 2grand plus ...... But what can you do ??

Just ensure you cover all your base's, i am not the only one that has had issues that has kept quite trying to resolve them as you say there is a lot of money involved

And get an agreed date time for it being done

John

chap on tgtt has been waiting over a year apparently. mattyd waited almost a year for his and the engine was already built!. think your doing the right thing having it remapped its just a shame the zisco and wepr chaps are so far away!

The guy on tgtt payed for a forged engine on the 15th of july 2012 probably still waiting terrible service what are they playing at. Looks like they've bitten off more then they can chew. Plenty more complaints on other sites too.

Edited by Corey

All tuners take there time to be fair, mine was booked I'm for 2 weeks work and its been there 8 1/2 months now

And it's not at td, these things take there time when your modifing a car to take 2-300% over stock at the end of the day

When my car went in for some work the company told me they will not be able to touch my car for at least 4-5 months and gave me a date to bring the car down as they had lots of work in and did not want to rush anything.

They also stated the work will take approx 6-10 weeks to complete.

The gave me a deadline and they stuck to it,

Other companies quoted me a quicker turnaround but I decided to wait for my local tuners as they were honest with timescales from day 1.

Personally I wouldn't let any company forge my motor if they quoted me a 2-3 week turnaround (IMO that is a rushed job)

My tuner and engine builder is extremely meticulous about his work and will not rush any job and will rectify any issues without argument, His main priority is his customers and reputation where as other companies only care about taking your money.

I did alot of research on tuning companies and looking for feedback and background info on them.

TBH i was shocked at the amount of poor feedback I seen for so many so called reputable companies.

When people ship their cars from all over the world to the u.k for building and mapping you know you have found a good company.

They only take on jobs which they know they can complete if they are too busy you have to wait.

Looking fresh as always john good work

James

Thanks James appreciate the comment :)

Looks lovely John, what did you use on the wheels they look really nice and shiny :p

Think some Reflet rear lights would finish your car of nicely :D

Cheers Aamir just use the same polish i use on the car :)

I like the 96 lights as the majority are red and mix in with the car :)

John