• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Missed this update, wheels still look fresh, don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing that colour!

Also, cool points for the fake wood trim B)

Cheers Bear the rims have been refurbished and it is actually plastic coating in the exact same colour

John

This has to be one of the best Vs I ve ever seen period. Real credit to you on this build man.

I ve been hearing a couple of horror stories about the above company of late, - I m glad in some senses as I m pretty local and was going to take my GT the - but you ll be in good hands with Will dude.

Just an update as you know last year a couple of motors let go on here due to fueling issues http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/48012-charlottes-gt-advance-massive-overdue-update/page-9#entry894100, so it sat at the back of my mind niggling away, so after a bit of research and after chatting to a few people, oh a a ride in Robh's car ( Which has a fair few miles on his forged motor) i decided to give Will a call at RDT.tv, Link to FB page https://www.facebook.com/rdt.tv?fref=ts , now after a lenghty chat i booked to go and see him.

Rob uses a hub dyno so gives you the bhp at the wheels, the Dynapack set up is real interesting to say the least and takes away the variables of tyre slip,rollers etc and many other variations between dyno's, all info can be found here if you want read :)http://www.dynapackusa.com/index.htm

So yesterday i went up to see Will bright and early 09.00 am start at his place, first was the pre dyno check, compression test, check the bores etc to ensure all was good to go and was healthy.

Robh kindly popped along to see us while i was there for a chat and a catch up on all things starlet :)

First run was done on TD map to get a base line and ran up at 218bhp at hubs my TD graphs show 278bhp at crank, the fueling was rather erratic up and down at various points of the rev range, the TD map was locked so Will could not just go in and adjust the fueling.

Will then asked if i was ok for him to start from fresh which i agreed and the map was deleted and Will started to remap from fresh starting at my base setting of .7 boost and working up to 1.4bar at all stages he explained what he was doing and why, this for me this was brilliant and reassuring.

He spent ages adjusting the fueling in specific areas of the rev range to even it out, running the engine up on each adjustment until he was happy

Final run saw a figure of 220bhp @ the wheels so following the TD theory 280bhp @ crank, but the main difference for me was when i then came to the drive home @ around 16.00!!, the power is more progressive and comes in a little bit earlier, had me grinning ear to ear :) The main thing for me is that i now know that all is good

Vid of one of the runs, the fan is real nosiey but you get the idea

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERU_oq9DvE

Also quick pic with Rob after :)

1925032_10203683467874182_198425832_n_zp

Cheers John

john u need a standalone matey..

glad your happy with your map pal, like I said at jf1 and jf2 last year when followed you, the fuelling didn't seem linear..

so glad you got is sussed..

do you know your bhp at wheels on your old map?

just curious as don't see many starlets or fwd motors loose 60bhp through the wheels..

feel free to PM if you like to matey.

Atleast your happy now!

Makes me worry slightly about my map!!

I wouldn't worry lewis I have the same setup as you and emb map from TD for 2 1/2 years and it has never skipped a beat. As a daily and been the ring twice in it, it still pulls strong as the day I got it back from mapping.

Great mapper and a great guy if I would get a car mapped ied be straight to this guy he did a fantastic job on eds old 5e glanza and that was around 4 year ago looking good john boy making me want a glanza now haha :)

This has to be one of the best Vs I ve ever seen period. Real credit to you on this build man.

I ve been hearing a couple of horror stories about the above company of late, - I m glad in some senses as I m pretty local and was going to take my GT the - but you ll be in good hands with Will dude.

Thank you appreciate the comment

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Could benefit from a contact number for Will as wanting to book Matts in for mapping.

Click the links ;)

Atleast your happy now!

Makes me worry slightly about my map!!

It had been bugging me as i knew something was not quite right

john u need a standalone matey..

glad your happy with your map pal, like I said at jf1 and jf2 last year when followed you, the fuelling didn't seem linear..

so glad you got is sussed..

do you know your bhp at wheels on your old map?

just curious as don't see many starlets or fwd motors loose 60bhp through the wheels..

feel free to PM if you like to matey.

Replied ;)

Great mapper and a great guy if I would get a car mapped ied be straight to this guy he did a fantastic job on eds old 5e glanza and that was around 4 year ago looking good john boy making me want a glanza now haha :)

Cheers Dale would be good to just see you back in an EP

Awesome results John where is this guy based?

Near Doncaster, see links to fb page

Glad you happy with it John, It was a good day all round but would have been better if I had got some milk on my way over, but the black coffee was good enough!

RDT.tv (Will) is just off the A1 at Harworth Doncaster

Quality it was good to catch up :)

John

Nice stuff. Glad your happy with it. Do you have the AFR plots of the old and new map? Be interesting to have a look at them if you don't mind.. PM them if you don't wanna post them up :)

Front wheel drive power loss is topically 16% iirc. My car on stock td04 was 225 atw 267 atf

Cheers Mike

Awesome, John! Think I know who I'll be going to should I need an ECU mapping :)

Thanks Amjad an Will is very knowledgeable

Nice result dude :-)

Thanks

Nice stuff. Glad your happy with it. Do you have the AFR plots of the old and new map? Be interesting to have a look at them if you don't mind.. PM them if you don't wanna post them up :)

Rob unfortunately i do not have a graph supplied by TD, while at Wills the first run was done on that map then checked, both Will and Robh were present and the Afr's were up and down across the rev range, Will could not adjust as the map was locked so i took the decision to delete and start from fresh.

The car drives loads better now and pulls cleanly all the way through, i made the decision to go based on a couple of engine failures and from others mentioning that the car appeared to be over fueling when being followed.

John