I have Iridium plugs already, fitted them when I seviced her, heat range 5. Might pop in to halfrauds tomorrow and get a universal induction kit

:)

Or would it be worth fitting a panal filter? HKS and Blitz do one also.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forget universal ones if its just a cone, mine didnt make a noticeable difference at all, until i fitted my BMC replica, direct replica of the plastic BMC, and its definetely better than the open cone! feels less laggy and picks up easier if that makes sense lol. have a look on my build thread dude, but i am thinking of mounting the actual box near the battery, as you can remove the front of the box to open it up, and just leave it open at the front. cheap as well but the quality is mint for the price!

if you get the engine balanced well and all that then thers no reason why it wont like to rev

I've a 5efte and it loves to rev its amazing once it hit boost on a td04 at like 3k it just shot straight to the redline - it loved it

The most important word in there is 'boost' thats what gives these engines the extra kick/push they need.

The n/a just doesnt cut it/compare even at redline unless you supercharge it which again is another form of boost.

Joz

phil has said it all in my opinion.

I have not done any engine mods to my SR yet as i wanted to get used to it standard and feel the gains of it after a while. Of course I would love to FTE mine too after going out in many Glanza's and GT's so i can see where your coming from but I've felt il probably end up in a ditch, and the cars look turns heads wherever i take the thing which is always something that feels good!

Enjoy the car Dan, she's a stunning looking S and you are lucky to have her as a 1st car, cruise about in it so all the chicks can see ya :) Oh and whatever happened to that TOM'S front bumper ay? ;)

the problem with cones in the bay is they are sucking in warm air which equals fail. if u want a cone, it needs a direct cold air feed and a heat shield, like Bower's.

The BMC CDA systems are great, we have one on my dads car, and Joz had one on his car. they rock. but they can be expensive. best bang for buck with induction is a K&N panel filter and retain the stock air intake system. may not be "pretty" but it works a treat.

so, u have NGK Iridum sparks, Magnecor leads and its already an S meaning different mani, ECU and injectors, so she should already be a bit quicker than a stock UK model. panel filter will be a good job, read up on the well known review of Blitz and HKS induction systems, u will be surprised how poorly they get rated (i dont have the link to hand but someone will). In theory as an S she should already be knocking on the door of 100bhp anyway. especially if u are running her on Super Unleaded and not dirty UK spec 95 ron (remember she will be used to higher RON in Japland).

after that, u could always advance the timing slightly as Scutch0 did on his old motor, but i'd be lookin at making her exhaust breath better with a new stainless system. all that shouldn't be too far off 100bhp tbh.

and even if it isnt quite 110bhp, strip the rear seats out to improve the power to weight.

just some ideas that will be easier and cheaper than an engine swap just yet.

Phil.

Definetely trial and error, but i found the best gains on my car with the BMC DIA. look on my build thread for the ebay link, then look at the genuine one and see if you can spot the difference. http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/dia.htm

Theres bugger all, even down to the screws that hold it on and the filter colour. sounds brilliant as well and as nanglebadger said theres no heat soak

Oh and im still jealous of your car!

yes enjoy the n/a power for now bud, and slowly prepare him for the swap like ive been doing ;) handling, brakes, etc.

its fun enough as it is at the moment :) even though im gunna be going fte, it wont be until summer-ish time now, ready for my next renewal quote :( and i dont have to rush the rebuild that way either :p

Right,

Bought a Ripseed (hella yeah) air filter today, fitted it. car sounds a bit better and the throttle response is a wee bit better, Gnarly Purchase!

When i fitted it the was a sensor pluged into the airfliter box but the thing it was conected to was plastic? Does this need to be used? (car works fine with out it)

Also, My Magnacor leads came today (Thanks Again miib14) gunna clean them up and fit them in the morn.

Now then, Fitted my Magncor leads today.

don't think i can feel the diffrence though. BUT i haven't fitted the coil to distributor lead (many because i can't find it)

I'm going to get my arse into gear AGAIN and get the exhaust and bumper done once i go back to work next week.

It's been raining all day also pictures tomorrow if the weather is decent.

Piece!