bear in mind that Joz spent alot of time, effort and money trying to get the most out of his 5E including management and ITBs and making her high compression. i'd ask him and Jay what their feelings on it revving out were, they'll give u their honest experiences. i dont think it went to 9k tho from what i recall.

Phil.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I've spoke to Joz and Riko about the 5efhe

Riko suggested that i should get a normal 5efe, and use 5efhe pistons and rods with a set of aftermaket cams.

Joz said that i souldn't bother, he said he spent thousands on his 5efhe and never got any real power from it.

he also said this

My old engine would not reach 3 figures but was punchy in the midrange, it was ok but nothing exciting and certainly not revvy as it should be, quite restrained.

You could say it was pretty experimental.

FTE kicks ass and has all the potential you need. Its about how long you can keep the boost pedal going and needs better control while driving flat out. It is quite satisfying when on boost (grin on face), Off boost is so so. We are talking standardish figures as I'm only running 145 bhp, aiming for eventual 200bhp+.

They called the Glanza 'the flyer' for a reason and that is the 4EFTE. I never thought I'd do it but I did and Im really glad.

Get a run in a standard one and a modded one and start saving. Don't waste your time and money on unfulfilled potential with the 5E n/a.

Basically I got talked into it and I regret it but I had a good learning experience and got lots of choice jdm parts..

so its not all what i thought it was.

Looks liike it's back the the drawing board.

That's it in a nutshell :)

Go for the platform where the tuning gains are guaranteed and proven.

Still costly but you will get a much better drive.

The factory 5EFHE does rev high (7200rpm) and I'm sure it is an efficient drive but it will never reach the heights of the 4EFTE without drastic measures.

The emanage ultimate lets you set any rev limit but even @7000rpm it didnt make much difference.

Joz

Sorry I had to LOL at that :)

n/a tuning its expensive and pretty much pointless on a e series IMO

LOL!!

Agreed, N/A can be fun but the E series wasn't made for it. If you want to stay N/A then drop a 4AGE in there.

The 4AGE swap should be popular, much more potential than the E series. But it's just so much easier to go for a Honda if you want N/A, not to mention a better chassis.

Save your money and wait until you can 4EFTE it.

my honest advice, as someone slightly older and wiser, is to get a good handle on the 4efe first. u need to have a few scares in that first. the 4e with a rolla mani and a decent panel filter, sparks and leads is a nippy enough little shit to get u into enough trouble, trust me, i did it. u need to know the cars limits and more importantly YOUR limits before u just bounce into a turbo. people are quick enough to tell u to turbo her, and i agree, it gives the best bang for buck. but no one ever gives the shitty boring advice that no one wants to hear, which is what im gonna do now man. take it from me, i am a qualified advanced driving observer, and im not saying this to shit on your parade or to be heard, i honestly think u need to get a solid handle on the 4efe first. she is more than capable of putting a smile on your face. dont just assume that u need a turbo to have fun. i had ALOT of fun til i was 26 with the 4efe.

if u bounce into a turbo without enough experience behind the wheel u could get caught out assuming your the man and u can drive like the stig. we all do it. we all have egos, and we all think we're the shit behind the wheel. i'd be lying if i claimed to be any different.

sometimes a sound approach will lead to the most fun in the end man. for 5 yrs i got a handle on this car, where the limit was, what my limits before and after the advanced licence where. and now that i've got the K1, im yet to SERIOUSLY catch myself out. it will happen one day, when i'll come away from an incident thinking "holy shit, i shouldnt have made that" and i'll then know where the limit is.

dont be too hasty to write off the 4efe man, get some years and/or miles under your belt with her.

Phil.

^Couldn't agree more, wise words from Mr Badger :)

I've had a lot of fun in my NA, and despite only having driven it for around 18 months, I reckon I've learned te limitations and characteristics of the chassis quite well, something which is vital before you get throttle pedal happy in a turbo lol

i know its not the most fun approach, but if i'd been let loose with even a CT9 at a younger age i'd have been in a hedge. fact. and bearing in mind i had something of a headstart with the standard to which i was taught to drive than is typically available, that says something. i'm not saying everyone else is shit, im simply saying those who taught me where the trained to the highest level possible within the security services here in NI and despite that i still think a period of learning is required by any young inexperienced driver. everyone crashes, i did, mark did, we all have our one bump. some of course have more.

but until u have had your first bump u wont feel that utter dred and panic that occurs as soon as u realise what has happened. and it takes that to make u catch a grip of urself and your actions. once this maturity is gained, u are in a better stead for handling more grunt.

just how i see it after many years of driving and owning an n/a and turbo EP and having done my advanced licence and qualified observer status.

Phil.

i didn't plan on turboing her yet as i have said a few time i can't insure it.

I'm still running NO engine mods th_ghey.jpg

I understand where you're comming from phil, need to have some more seat time, i still haven't used the engine to its full potential, so there is still more fun to come from her, just need to buy an induction kit and get my exhaust fitted.

Im still going to spend money on the car because i'll either turbo it or get a V which i can transfer the parts over to.

I still haven't pushed he hard yet so i dont know her limitations or what the chassis is capable of doing, im still a bit nevous when going around a corner remotely fast.

One thing i need to sort out is a bucket seat, when i go fast round a corner i amost side out od the seat and also get some better pedals for some heel/toe action

excellent choice, I've been running those for 5 years, they are uber.

im not meaning to piss on your parade or imply u cant drive man. i would just hate to see anything happen to the motor and especially YOU due to inexperience. u have yourself a TRULY gorgeous car man, i will enjoy seeing u develop her from standard, and if u do eventually go FTE, then this is the best base to add it to!

Phil.

Think nanglebadger has hit the nail on the head, i have only had mine 4 months but you dont realize how nippy they are, with basic mods they are plenty fast enough to get you into trouble lol! just think when you nail it in 2nd, upto sixty odd then into 3rd, your well over 70mph in mabye 15seconds? illegal speeds lmao. and out of interest where did you get your leads from? i want some leads and sparkplugs for mine just dont have a clue where or what to get!

Toff