here you go folks! the one you have all being waiting for!

lowering springs have arrived along with 4 new shock absorbers!!

OnNoIKY.jpg

wZIF2IU.jpg

i have also treated myself to a pair of speakers, the spare (to be fitted on the drives side) and an original!

qbcGkHw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car is now booked in on Monday for some pretty vital work!

4 new wishbone bushes, 2 cv boots and a front wheel bearing!

To go with the lovely new suspension I will be ordering new top mounts just so that there is nothing left to go wrong! (And to make fitting so much faster)

Also on Wednesday the car is taking a little trip to a place called unique exhausts! For a manifold back stainless system, no cat and only one box with either 2 or 2.5 inch pipe!

Will post the results as soon as I know how good or bad they are!!

List of things to sort.

New bearing

New bushes

New cv boots

Fit new suspension

Lovely new ticking sound from under the bonnet

And to top it all off, I am going to have to do the new suspension tomorrow rather than when the weather warms up! Doesn't near side coil has snapped!

where did you find brand new panels?:p looks well lad, good project:)

Actually got one of the wings from my local toyota garage, and the other off ebay! The valance was found on a google search for £36!

Thanks lads

Pretty of progress updates to come!!

What top mounts did you go for in the end?

There are some KYB rear ones on ebay which I am going to order! I have used the originals on the front! Need to replace the rear ones at the same time as the shocks and springs!

Looks great! :)

Thanks man! Lots of time and money going into this despite not being turbzzz yet!!

This car may become a weekend toy in the summer and be purely a hobby if I can get my hands on a good honda crz! If so the ep70 will be converted to either 4age with a supercharger or 5efte.

The local scrap yard was trying to sell me a 3sge engine the other day?

• 1 month later...

I have a couple more updates to come

Love it! So subtle! Just need to drop it and get a nasty exhaust on and it will be the business :) looking forward to more updates on this!

The car is now dropped by 40mm and has a nasty as hell 2 inch stainless exhaust with just one silencer!

I have bought 2 megane splitters, so there will be one on the ep70 soon! And if I don't bugger one up there will be one up for grabs if anyone wants it!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are two links showing the car in action. With the new custom stainless exhaust

Both are best watched on a PC with good speakers or through headphones.

Dyno run, car made 70bhp, I'm told with an oil change and after a running in period to expect 74!
>http://youtu.be/BZbVq1BhuHQ

A run out in the car, multi storey car park, a few minutes of boring suburb driving and then a little open road!
>http://youtu.be/8ZHTFtYUWVU

Enjoy!

More pics to come!!

Had this shiny new exhaust made, this is manifold back 2" stainless steel. It has one box in the centre and a 2.25" rolled out tip.

Sounds absolutely nasty.

Growls at all revs and really turns heads, it also spits and pops when you lift off the throttle especially in second and third!

imagejpg4.jpg

Finally got all the new suspension fitted! It's 40mm down on pi lowering springs.

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

Needs loads doing to it before japfest, new tyres, paint touch ups, rear spoiler and also the megane front splitter.

Started these little jobs by taking off the rocker cover that looked like it had been smacked with a hammer and re spraying the old one in the blue of the body

imagejpg3.jpg

A little bit more progress today!

Ordered these tyres

imagejpg4.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

Nankang ns2 185/45/r15

Really good tyre apparently!!

Wouldn't be right to buy tyres for 15 inch wheels when I have 14's fitted,

So I thought I should order some new wheels to put them on!!

15x7.5 lenso bsx wheels are on their way with black centres!

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

Should look really smart on the car...... Moment of truth is Monday morning!!

Nangkangs are pretty good tires, I used to run NS1's and 2's years ago - they actually get a bit better once you've worn them in

I'm really looking foward to getting rid of my remoulds and having some new performance tyres, although I think I will miss the e30 bottle tops that I thnk are going to a friend if he wants them!!!

Double post from me..... Here it is.... No more used wheels for me...

FB_IMG_13986863363048073.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

Took some better photos when I got home

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

Went to go and detail grandads juke for him, well just give it a polish! Parked on the drive! Looked like a super miniature japfest!

DSC_0898.jpg

Spent 120quid in halfords topping up the cleaning supplies, so that I can get ready for japfest..... That was a Painful transaction to make after you have just spent 600 on wheels and tyres!

DSC_0899.jpg

Let the cleaning commence!!

DSC_0900.jpg

Comments welcome as always... Spacers will be fitted on the back when I have the time!!

^^ as above.. class looking car you have there.. fair play :)

I actually love this car

Thanks lads, need perfecting still, these old girls take some lovin'

Hoped to have so much more done pre japfest..... Looks like it's going down with craised paint on the boot lid, no spoiler and no splitter!

But she will be clean!!