Ep82 N1400 Class Projec Car

Guest Enzo

as ive a bit of time im documenting my newwest project the now

its due to arrive any day now from japan,

its a 1993 S

out of all starlets this car is still very actively competitive in the n1400 prodcution class/enducrance class at fuji speedway.

post-1-1277327375_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277327401_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277327426_thumb.jpg

its the most basic poverty spec weighing in at 760kgs fully wet. n1 class minium weight regs are 750kgs but i plan on shdding mine down to 700kgs, this is a totaly achievable figure. for reference a uk spec starlet sr weighs a full 160kgs more at 920kgs

thats the weight of two people or one really fat personm haha

post-1-1277327458_thumb.jpg

this is whats getting me excited, a gen 2 4e-fe with 100bhp ( a decent 25bhp on top of the uk spec eps 75bhp)

post-1-1277327492_thumb.jpg

its essentialy the same as an fte sharing rods, inlet manifold and throttle body, but with different pistons, it also revs to 7200ks as oposed to 6200k for the gen 3 onwards 4efe (il be raising this to 7600 with the emanage.)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow another project on the go!

Sounds wicked mate and very different!!

Positive when I had to change my engine in the n/a I bought a Gen 2 FE by mistake, could never get it running right but it went like fucking stink!!

Be good to see how this one turns out.

Guest Enzo

no insurance would be the same as a 2e ep80 uk spec starlet, thats around group 4-5 dude.

seriusly consider it, il give you a shot when we are heading down the road

no insurance would be the same as a 2e ep80 uk spec starlet, thats around group 4-5 dude.

seriusly consider it, il give you a shot when we are heading down the road

i am considering it, more power + less weight = win

Love these engines, shame they had to water them down for the UK EP91's.

What's the deal with it being a 4 speed rather than 5?

0-60 time?

And what's this N1400 thing all about, I'm guessing 1400 denotes the maximum cc of the engine so anything up to a 1.4 litre? And then as you already mentioned the minimum weight limit...

It's easy to see why it's competetive, it's already around the minimum weight and it has a great engine, I've heard of these making over 130bhp with throttle bodies, is that right?

• 4 weeks later...
Looking forward to seeing the progress on this! :)

However, no updates on the SR? I'm guessing you won't be releasing any tuning parts then? :p

no not at all mate! its all hammer and tongs from the end of august onwards! just keep an eye out and ul see what i mean.

What's the deal with it being a 4 speed rather than 5?

0-60 time?

130bhp with throttle bodies, is that right?

turns out its a later 5 speed, but the 4 speed point was for poverty reasons.

not sure on the nought to sixty but its fair nippy

and aye your right 130bhp is possible with this engine

Top one Geo, I noticed you commented about Bom Maato's 80 a few days back now. Do we run classes like this in the UK?

no we dont dude, its a shame like

Any updates on this Geo?

aye man, got her up the road, how much fun that trip was

its only got 31000 ks on the clock and in rude health,

it sailed through an mot so just waiting on the export certificate then i can go away and get it registered

i have a pile of parts to throw onto it and relishing it, gave it 100 percent death on the biggar road and when doing that you defo notice the extra power and extra 1000rpms to play with.

out with that though its a great engine na engine that pulls in any gear at any rev without stuttering, you can make normal progress shifting at 2.1k, power wise its a very peaky engine.

its a shame on the sr though adjusted the timing and shes flying now. will be a shame to brake her for parts, not before ive had a wee drag race in them.

il update this in the next few days. hoping to take it to japfest

okys a few pics off the cam

after driving it back up from newcaslte

post-2-1280951350_thumb.jpg

the paints faded to f**k so some g3 compound is on the cards

and the rear advance hatch + bumper + lights waiting to go on.

post-2-1280951502_thumb.jpg

turns out its a starlet s which weighs in at 790 kilos

the extra wweight comes from the pas rack and aircon which il be stripping out anyway.

i should have an extensive update done for before japfest,

this all depends on weather my proof of duty and customs paid sheet gets through the door any time soon :)

once you've g3'ed the car it will look so much better just take it steady if using a mop as you dont want to burn the paint and use lots of water.

Just a quick question the engine in my 85 its a 4E-F what kind of power does that produce?

sound thanx for that :)

il be using elbo greeze, will take ages . . . .

a 4e-f produces 85bhp but a load more torque lower down then any of the efi equiped 4efes

was suprised at how well it went, defo felt faster than my 82, must be the blend of the lower final drive and all that extra torque lower down