Hi all my name is Tyron devine im 18 years old and kind of new to the starlet world. Im studying motor body vehicle repair I have been looking for mounths and mounths to find a damiged starlet gt or glanza for a college project. But where i live they are like gold dust not many of them around i visted my local vehicle salvage websyt and came across a lovely mk1 gt turbo in white. I could not belive my eyes so went down that very day to check it out and to be honest i fell in love with her lol this was 3 weeks ago by the way. It had minour front end damige It needed a new bonnet drivers side headlamp and the slam panel had seen better days plus the front bumper had a few minour cracks nothing i cudnt plastic weld in college and get back good health. Lol apart from those minour draw backs it was a buety started first time engine sounds lovely drives like a dream pulls well was very happy and got it at a good price to. Anyway heres a few pics from when i went looking at it and when it arrived at college. Here is a picture of the engine as it came when i bought it as you can see the slam panel has seen better days. Hope you all enjoy :)

engineasitstands.jpg

Wheniwentlookingatit.jpg

45121_435435619030_750334030_4917271_4581109_n.jpg

And here is my car getting delivered at college 58530_442263459030_750334030_5064389_5595944_n.jpg

59979_442263414030_750334030_5064387_7150606_n.jpgBefore.jpg

and ounce the new slam panel has been welded into place After2.jpg

few panels awaiting primer

collegeproject175.jpg

bonnetwingairscoopreadyforprimer.jpgcollegeproject2199.jpgcollegeproject2200.jpgcollegeproject2206.jpgcollegeproject2207.jpgcollegeproject2216.jpgcollegeproject2214.jpgcollegeproject2182.jpg

Pic for you guys collegeproject2222.jpg

And after a good few hours with the wire brush and d.a sander collegeproject2228.jpg

Also got the area i sanded in primer that day doing the engine bay bit by bit as i am not removing the engine yet :Dcollegeproject4269.jpg

Also sanded down the crossmember and slam panel and headlight rail as im going to be haveing a nice shiny new car thought i would treat them areas to oo also chassis legs heres a few pics for you guys when sanded down. collegeproject2235.jpgcollegeproject2237.jpgcollegeproject2236.jpg

So thats most of the sanding done for now still lots more to come :D heres a few pics in primer ready for paint halfinprimer.jpgcollegeproject4292.jpgcollegeproject4274.jpg

The car also came de wipred with a gromit in but the bolt had seazed so i cut the old rusty bolt of welded a plate and smoothed it all in will look really smart ounce ive painted it heres a few pics so far

collegeproject3053.jpg

Looks tatty ino but just you guys wait

collegeproject3054.jpg

And after abit of bodyfiller

collegeproject3057.jpg

Also been very busy with a few dints around the car nothing major but i want this starlet to be close to perfect when finished so repaired every little mark / dint lol heres the car how it stands at the momment :( hope you all like.

collegeproject4276.jpg

also got the bonnet on today but isnt sitting flush as i havent got the bonnet catch sanded down and in primer yet :/

Cummingtolife.jpg

heres a few pictures of the car which i dug out for you guys

collegeproject4266-1.jpg

collegeproject4290.jpg

collegeproject4286.jpg

collegeproject4285.jpg

heres a pic of the japspeed exhaust system it came with :pcollegeproject012.jpg

Qwick update for u guys i forgot all about these i got the air scoop and underskin of the bonnet in paint to hope you like

collegeproject3050.jpg

And here is underneath the bonnet will be painting the top very soon

collegeproject3049.jpg

Thanks alot cheshireglanza for these parts at such a great price

collegeproject5317.jpg

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a clean one bud, was interested to see wat u had lol seen u asking loads about them, keep up the good work :)
ye i had a little mivering stage lol boys and there toys :( cheers pal just need to sort this pissing thread out its a joke but i can not be ars*d tonight lol

Looks good mate, like the way you have gone about things, seems you have done some homework and have gone about things properly :)

The car looked mint with the front smashed in lol, cant wait to see what its like when you have finished with her!!! lol

So how much you pay for her?

And how does the whole college course work?

Future plans?

Looks good mate, like the way you have gone about things, seems you have done some homework and have gone about things properly :)

The car looked mint with the front smashed in lol, cant wait to see what its like when you have finished with her!!! lol

So how much you pay for her?

And how does the whole college course work?

Future plans?

lol ye i did look rather good lol only minour crash the guy wanted 1300 but there was no way i was paying that as it needed new bonnet slam panel headlamps etc so haggled him to £850 which isnt to bad engine is in perfect condition came with a few ok mods to front mount fmic full japspeed exhaust and other bits and bobs right college were to start lol i had the choice of working on other peoples cars customers from the college or buying myself my own project for myself to work on and learn at the same time if u get me lol plans hmm quadlight conversion and just leaving the engine how it is for a few mounth until i have got some money to upgrade :( more fussed about the outside now as engine is sweet :p lol

Ah sounds sweet mate, got it for a bargain price then which is a bonus!

So when its finished, its all good to drive it on the road?

Oh and please dont put quadlights on a mark 1 lol you can still get the sqaure lamps from Toyota i beleive, it will look MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT! with a fresh set of headlights on :)

Dude thats a nice little project ya got going, really brought the car back to its glory..

Like sanchez said dont put quads on a mk1 keep the squares, im sure i seen someone selling some earlyer, might of been on TGTT...

I see ya done the rear wiper, but why didnt you do the lock at the same time??? there is a pull cable so dont need the lock...

great little project there buddy! I did the same thing with my EP91, bought it as a little project while i was at college doing body repair too, didn't respray the whole car though lol

look forward to what you do with her.

great little project there buddy! I did the same thing with my EP91, bought it as a little project while i was at college doing body repair too, didn't respray the whole car though lol

look forward to what you do with her.

thanks mate yes im giving her a full respray under the arches the full works lol :)

Dude thats a nice little project ya got going, really brought the car back to its glory..

Like sanchez said dont put quads on a mk1 keep the squares, im sure i seen someone selling some earlyer, might of been on TGTT...

I see ya done the rear wiper, but why didnt you do the lock at the same time??? there is a pull cable so dont need the lock...

i was thinking about doing the rear lock to but say the cable failes ??