Disputes with another forum

Afternoon all,

This morning whilst browsing TGTT I happened to notice the thread in the link here.

Can I please ask that people do not use UKSC as some sort of argument tool if they don't like how another forum goes about their business!!! That is not what we are here for!!!! If you don't like how TGTT or any other forum sets out their rules and regulations, that is YOUR problem and YOUR problem only! Throwing in that "UKSC doesn't have this crappy rule" serves no purpose other than to strain relationships between the two forums, and is not beneficial to the EP Community as a whole.

It should also be noted that the argument of "uh well, UKSC doesnt have that shit 50 post rule for selling stuff" is not the most solid or reasoned of arguments at the best of times, and going forward, due to the hassle we have had of late on BOTH sites with scammers, this is infact something that we have considered introducing here on UKSC in an effort to protect our members. So that argument won't exactly stand if we decide to pursue that option. TGTT have their 50 post count rule for a reason, and having read the replies from their Admin team in the above thread, their reason is a damn good one - for sale sections are for the benefit of established members, not people with no input or contribution to the community to make a quick quid.

Again, UKSC is not to be used as some sort argument winner or stone to throw in an argument with another forum as it serves to bring into disrepute the UKSC name and reputation of both the club and our members. We are trying to build a community here, not create divisions!

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Phil.

I must second this, I have seen this too often now and I feel it only helps to fuel the fire between us, we are different from them but at the end of the day we both have a joint vision to support and help our members and Starlet owners get the most of our cars

If you don't like the way they/we do things, you must consider why we have the rules we do and that you may not like them but they are there for a reason

50 posts should be the requirment, I'd never buy anything off someone with less, unless they where near buy and could see the parts before I pay.

I also don't feel theres any negativity between sites, well at least not that I've incountered, I check out both sites on a regular basis and I choose to post on this because I came to this site first, no other reason :D if there is or has been it's just daft! We'r all here for the cars :D

We'r all here for the cars :D

Thats something that some people are starting to forget Gtmuzz.

I'd be all for the 50+ posts rule as it will allow new members to mature into better enthusiasts and people that we'd all be happy to trade with.

None of this text speak nonsense.

Joz

i know what your sayin guys!! but please dont turn this site into the likes tgtt!!its like a kids ground! an gv1.3 is the biggggg daddy who has all his little follower's over moderating the place an licking his bum hole..its a joke that site.

an to tyrone i laughed when you give him abuse!! keep it up pal..lol

I would'nt tar us all with the same brush buddy, thats bit silly.

I do know you and Dylan dont get along, but theres mods over there (inc myself) that have had nothing to you with you directly.

Just pointing that out. :D

i know what your sayin guys!! but please dont turn this site into the likes tgtt!!its like a kids ground! an gv1.3 is the biggggg daddy who has all his little follower's over moderating the place an licking his bum hole..its a joke that site.

an to tyrone i laughed when you give him abuse!! keep it up pal..lol

As for threads that pop up, and use the sites against one another, its a bit sad i think, ive no problems over here and post where necessary.

personally I've seen a lot of tyrone on here and he seems a decent lad. he's always asking questions and seems keen to progress and learn about starlets. he may have burned his bridges on TGTT but i dont think we should treat him any different on here for now. let him learn from his mistake and carry on as normal

as for the 50 post count i deffo think its a good idea. weve had too many problems as of late and I've seen so many people selling things with 1 or 2 post counts and i personally do not trust some of these people.

im not the greatest fan of TGTT, its a brill site especially for technical but im UKSC through and through its got brill members and brill community but the one thing i do know about TGTT is its strict but for a reason. they dont take no shit but this is how they go about things and the rules are all there for a reason

Like it or lump it unfortunatly :D

Dont see how people can say TGTT is over moderated, its down to abit of common sense at the end of the day, and there aren't many rules to follow tbh either, just that you need 50 posts and have to have sales template to sell stuff, whats the big deal?...

...Its to protect established members at the end of the day, which is why i welcome the 50+ post before you can sell.

I like both sites, have been TGTT for years as it was the first site i found, and anything technical i ask on there as theres usually an answer straight away, and most if not all the mods are very knowledgeable!!

But have been posting over alot more in the last couple of months as i like to check out peoples projects and all the members are really laid back.

i spend 90 % of my forum time on this one, but i must agree with sanchez the technical knowlege on there is emmense i mean i have been asking for advice on a clutch on here for days and didnt get much interest or replys but on tgtt i got whole load of information and it turned out that i needed to cancel the order for the clutch. both sites r quality and their own advantages over eachother but it is uksc ftw

Totally agree with you Mr Badger, so many times have i gone to meet and not been spoken to by TGTT peoples or tried to post some sort of question on TGTT and not had any answers because im part of UKSC, were all Starlet Owners for christ sake surely were all here to help each other out?

If you dont like the way TGTT works or the rules they have dont use it, Simples.

i must say that im not a fan of tgtt as i feel it is overly strict

when i first joined i said that i do alloy wheel refurbing and if anyone was intrested to pm me and they got such an arse with it

deleted the thread an pmed me having ago when i had only been on the site a day and was just saying what i do for a living

uksc is far better but i do like the idea of a certain post cont before selling items or vehicles

Would it have not been better to pm the dude, publically shaming him a bit harsh is it not?

This was not about publicly shaming anybody! For 5 years i have worked to stop this "them and us" crap between the two sites.

I saw something that concerned me regarding the UKSC name being used in a way I didnt like. So i acted on it. Period. At the end of the day, I, ME, PHIL, am responsible for the day to day running of this site, and that includes our interactions with other sites and clubs. The last thing I am after is a dispute with the TGTT admin over the UKSC name being used inappropriately on their site. I have no problem with Dylan or any of his staff, none. Fair enough, you might think I have taken the wrong approach, but this "UKSC vs TGTT" thing is something I dont want to see on either site, so a public action was what I deemed necessary to highlight to EVERYONE that I would not tolerate this behaviour. You dont like how I dealt with this, thats your opinion. Seems to me like no one else has a problem with how i dealt with this. You want to call me out on something, fair enough, i've provided an explanation for my actions.

Now, the purpose of this thread was not to give people an opportunity to bad-mouth TGTT, so Animal, keep your comments regarding dylan to yourself. I dont want to hear them, and if u continue to bad mouth TGTT on here, then u will find urself banned from here too. I dont know Dylan at all, only through what Jay tells me, and I have no beefs with him. You do, we all know that, the whole interweb knows about it, but keep them off UKSC.

I personally have a TGTT account and I view it monday to friday on my morning coffee break. I use the site, and where i can help, I post on it. I will not tolerate people using the UKSC name in arguments on there, thats not what we are here for.

Tyrone, it takes a bigger man to apologise than it does to cause shit, so fair play to you, I have no plans to restrict anything on your account here on UKSC. The thread was not specifically aimed at you, it was a general announcement based on recent activity on TGTT as i dont want to strain relationships between the sites further.

Thank you all for your time and, for the most part, co-operation and understanding, in this matter. It is unfortunate that at times such serious announcements are required, but if we are to see UKSC grow and develop further, then such action will sometimes be required from myself and the admin team.

Phil.

Calm down Philip, you really do not have to explain yourself.

Its not about Tyrone and Tyrone only, its about UKSC not wanting to be shoved into the black. This was one mistake made and we appreciate Tyrone apologising for what he did. Nothing taken to heart from myself atleast, I can see the point he was making, just not the most amazing way of doing so.

I second all of what Phil has say.

both sites are very good and should be used to your advantage. both site provide excellent info and have a great community between them so you cant really dis either because at the end of the day they both have the same goal and that is be used as a tool if its info or projects and even parts! some people dont get along fair enough but as above there is no point saying uksc has my back on this one ect thats just sad. if you like one site better dont be going around saying the other one is crap or shit just dont use it simple as it only cuases unnecessary bull shit

the reason tgtt seems strict is to help you out with more rules comes less scamers and cons. i have been stung and its not nice so the more rules there is i know its alot safer. they dont do it for a laugh and trying and piss you off they do what they think will make the site safer its for our benifit