Amjad's SEAT Leon Cupra TDi 150

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lil brother had one of these! Stongest point was the active torque split diff and stability control (has access to the brakes) which means you can take rounabouts faster and at more throttle than anything I've ever been in.

If you start understeering the bloody thing moves the torque about at the front and "fiddes" one or more rear brakes to get the back moving round!!!! Feels soooooo wrong! :)

He put it on the rollers and found it made 175bhp......previous owners must have remapped it on the sly, pissed off the BMW 325i lads he'd gone there with.

I was looking at doing a brake upgrade for it as he mangled the brakes at the Nurburgring.

He fitted Audi alcantara seats with the side airbags etc, and some of the Audi Bose hifi as well.

Also found that you can buy bottom (and top?) strut-braces for them from VAG, really cheap. :)

Eh? Would the TDi Cupra's have the clever diff too? I've not really pushed this car, or in fact driven it that much actually so I wouldn't know lol

Nice, I hear they make a bit more than 150 stock anyway?

Yeah I think S3 top braces fit too but I'm too scared to do drilling so may just look for a predrilled one in the future :wub:

Liking the R32 CAI idea, I need to do some reading on the forum so I can tweak mine but I never get time. :(

If you see a set of those standard wheels for sale, do let me know please. :D

Yeah it looks like a neat little mod to be fair!

And will do! I'd love LCR wheels but I know they'd get kerbed by Mum lol

stop spending money on this and get your GT roadworthy ready for when you can sort the insurnace

Shush you :p GT isn't fixed due to uni commitments not money

I haven't spent anything on this in months! Considering buying a better Headunit though and some Infinity speakers..

Ooh and I'll be refurbing the headlights hopefully this week, using tips from Socks (wet sanding and Meguiar's compound!)

Eh? Would the TDi Cupra's have the clever diff too? I've not really pushed this car, or in fact driven it that much actually so I wouldn't know lol

As far as I know it's got the same goodies - in fact the TDi can be a real threat head-to-head to the 20vT even if both are tuned due to the totally rediculous torque the TDi can make!

Small update; got a load of Wet & Dry papers and some Meguiar's Ultimate Compund to restore the headlights! Socks has done this on his Glanza wwith some pretty potent results so I'm hoping to get it done today/tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Also this stuff is lush, it smells like cinnamon! I love Meguiar's products! ;)

b8e872f8.jpg

• 4 months later...

Mum was on her way to pick me up from uni, lost control and went into the central reservation :lol:

No other cars were involved & thank God she's okay, but from what the police/recovery people have said, the car is a write off ^_^

What have you done Amjad!?

I was gonna say if you need odds and sods I work for VW so I could ask our parts dept to order in things for you so you get them on trade price, but I'm not willing to buy a whole front end of a Leon and post it to you haha

Read post #34 Sam :lol:

Haha..thanks man, we'll have to see what insurance says but doesn't look like that can be repaired tbh, waiting to see the rest of the pics soon

The rest of the pictures are real bad, will upload them when I get a chance!

So apparently the car went over some debris or gravel when changing lanes, back end stepped out and the car went into the central reservation. Span twice, front bumper was ripped off and thrown onto the other side of the motorway and side of the car bashed! It's a wonder no-one was hurt!