Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a small update on my rear bumper. After reversing into a bench like a dumbass i thought id get a whole new bumper as the exhaust cut out looks like it was done by a blind man.

Here is the new bumper anyway

DSC02285.jpg

Idrees is going to coat is with some beautful matching black paint for me so it will look great again.

Thanks!! Im gonna leave the exhaust cut out to idrees as he knows what he is doing.If you look carefully at the bumper you can see its already got a little cutout.The car i got it off must have had a performance exhaust on it. Anyway the bumper is now in the capable hands of idrees and its gonna be on my car for next week. cant wait. In the mean time ive just been cleaning my car as i do every weekend.

here is some new pics

DSC02300.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

The last is my current favourite

Ive been a little busy with the car this bank holiday already. Ive had all the wheels off so i can give the brakes a bit of a service.

They were all looking pretty crap behind my shiney wheels so ive given them a few coats of paint. The front calipers have been done in red and i think they look fab and the rear drums have been sanded down and re painted in black. I didnt do them in red as i hate it when people spray their drums (no offence if you have done it).

Ive now started on some of the engine like all the little mounts for the radiator and the bottles. Im spraying them silver but i havnt finished them all yet.

So ive just been genrally tidying up the car. Im just waiting for monday when ill be picking up my new bumper from Idrees then ill get some newer pics up.

I agree with both of you - Drums should either be rusty or black. Bright coloured drums look gay in my opinion!

I'll be doing what your doing at one stage aswell, the radiator mounts on mine are rusty i'm just going wirebrush them and Hammerite in Black. Well thats when its engine bay time!

Ive got back from a short break this afternoon so the brakes have had their final coat now and they have dried out today. Ive also copied Idrees's idea of spraying the backing of the indicators black.Sorry for copying but i really like the look of them.

Then i gave the car a good wash and wax so i could take these pics.

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

New bumper is going on tomorrow and i cant wait!!!!!! :D:(:p:(:D:D

My attempt at trying to persuade James to buy a pair of reflets:

(Fitted my brothers on to his just to prove how good they'd look!)

DSC01992.jpg

I think the persuasion worked, well i hope its worked because they look beautiful!!!

And a freshly painted bumper with a NEAT exhaust cutout!!:

DSC01994.jpg

May i say the bumper looks fantastic.Idrees has done a top quality job on it and id recommend his services to anyone. :(

I cant wait to buff up the laquer in a couple of days to give it a real shine!!!! :(:D

And you have persuaded me to get the reflet lights.ill get them when i can be bothered. :D:p

I have had one tiny problem with the exhaust.It has heated up some of the plastic bumper on the way home as we had the cutout so perfect.On the good side it seems to have melted equally around the exhaust so it has a small gap so i dont think it will melt anymore.Bonus!!!!

Thanks for the comments on the brakes aswell i think they look sweeeetttt!!!!!

Thanks for the nice words James!

If the bumpers just melted abit into shape, it is a bonus! :(

And yes, your brakes do look very nice. As good as new mate!

@Mikey, of course the reflets look awesome! You don't see many Black EP's around with reflets so they're quite unique too! :(

Haha! I didn't think my exhaust sounded that special! (Apart from a hint from my brother who kept asking for a swap!)

Anyway, i'm off to bed, and cheers for the rear bumper :( !

[Edit]

I'll colour code the strips for you! When your ready! :(