Bourkey's Black Turbo Sr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A small update on the SR.

Ive been spending a lot of time cleaning up the engine bay as it had been neglected by the last owner. Ive buffed nearly every part of it. Also the airbox has been removed as it was useless with my induction kit on so ive given it to Idrees. Here is a pic of the engine bay.

DSC02360.jpg

Next update is the rear bumper, which Idrees has sprayed up fo me. The job is excellent it just needs the laquer buffing up ive started but havent finished yet.

Before

DSC02315.jpg

After

DSC02353.jpg

And here is just another piccy of it.

DSC02351.jpg

Thanks.There is a few more bits ive got to get clean but apart from that its looking good.

Did you change the bumper because of the cut-out round the exhaust?

Well that was the reason i was going to eventually change it but if you look on the left hand side of the bumper you can see a little hole.I reversed into a bench so i thought id sort the bumper out sooner than planned.

A bench? Haha!

What part of a bench is small and round enough to puncture a bumper with that size of hole?

I was so anoyed with myself. My mum was in the car an she was laughing her head off. It was a screw in the back of the bench and it went straight in.

Looking sexy as usual!!

Thanks again for the air box mate it was nice of you give it free!!

I like the engine bay, it looks clean. Spraying them radiator mounts is a nice little touch!

No problem.It wasnt in use anyway.

I like clean engine bays.It shows that the car has been looked after.Im obsessed with the car being clean.Ive always wanted a black car but now ive realised they are a pain to keep clean.Still love it though.

:D:p I Got a nice surprise when i got in from work before.A large parcel!!! It turns out that it was some tailored mats that id ordered 2 weeks ago from Germany. I completely forgot id ordered them. they look really good in the car and the quality is excellent. Ill get some pics of them tomorrow.

I myt be getting something else in a few days.I really shouldnt as need to save for he 4EFTE but its a bargin so i myt do. :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update on my car.

One of my girlfriends's friends was very drunk in my car the other night and she was sick everywhere. :lol::lol::lol: I had to stay up until 2.00am to strip the interior of my car. If i left it until the morning then it would have dried up and stunk out my car.

Gave me a good excuse to give the seats a good clean though. I got some interior shampoo and used the jet washer and they look as good as new.

I tried driving my car with no seats and it was funny as hell. I got the oddest looks driving down the road. :lol::)

I tried driving my car with no seats and it was funny as hell. I got the oddest looks driving down the road. :lol::lol:

:lol::(:lol::)

Good excuse for a decent valet though :( ;) :(

A bit of another little update!!

After taking all the seats out to clean after some geek was sick in my car, i have put the drivers one back in as it's dry but the others are wet still. Anyway i took it out for a spin and it felt so much different wthout the seats in.

Ive now gone mental with the lighweight stuff and taken out:

The passenger front seat

The rear seats

the brackets that hold the seats in the back

the 12" sub & wires

and all the rear seatbelts.

I went for a drive and it handles soooooo wel it's unbelievable. It accelerates quicker aswell. Im now gonna get rid of the full size speedline alloy and put a space saver there to get rid of more weight. Im leaving the carpet in though as i want a little comfort still. I cant imagine how fast it will be once the 4EFTE is in.

Ill get some pics up when it stops raining.

Awesome mate! But come on, no passengers seat?!

I can see your point but for a start...............tuff crap no one gets in. And secondly adding a seat would also add about 10 stone including a passenger which is is unwanted weight. All my mates drive so they don't need lifts. :p

If anyone is desperate for a lift though there is a perfectly clean floor for them to sit on. :):):p:D:lol:

I've now got a plan in my head of how i want the rear of the car to look inside. I dont wana give too much away though. Should be mint once it's done. A small clue though it doesn't involve much interior!!! ;) :p

The mate that came last time, Matt, might be there but my mate, Alex, might be coming. I wont need to put the seat in for him though if all goes well. :p:D:p:p