got my alignment done today, its set at -1degree camber and 0.05degree toe in, seems to handle alot better so far but not had a chance to push it and see how it performs

Thanks Stefan! I was thinking the same -1 degree camber too. Interested to hear how it handles!

Cars super nice, keep up the good work

Thanks Malcolm, appreciate it. :)

Here's a pic from yesterday. Looks actually really low from distance with that new lip. :D

Photo%203.5.2015%2017.02.11%20(2).jpg

Edited by whitestar
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right driveshaft started to make some noise from the box end so put the glanza aside for a while so I can diagnose what's the problem. I hope it's nothing major. Everything still works, but the noise is turning louder and louder if I drive it. I think the the clip holding the driveshaft inside the LSD has failed and the green cup is free to move in and out a bit. Any worst case scenarios? :sad:

Also got a bit tired making summer trips in a 3 door car so got my self a new daily/winter beater last week :D

yaris001.jpg

It's a 2001 Yaris T Sport and got it for a really good price! The front bumper has been repainted last week and it has lowering springs and a facelift rear bumper. Really happy with it tbh! Plans are to get some decent wheels for it and upgrade the sound system a bit, as the door speakers don't work and the dash speakers cant handle bass at all.

Edited by whitestar
  • 3 months later...
Ok, so the drive shaft started to move and leak a bit of oil so went and got me a NA gearbox. Swapped the NA box in and now it has been ok since. :) Been driving it like 2 months now and it's totally ok. Also found out that the LSD is moving inside the box, so that was making the noise. I have a feeling that it's the bearings or the shim plates that have failed. I'm gonna open the box this winter to check the damage. If it's not that bad, I'll get the glanza box to some company for a rebuild. But for now the NA box is just fine and it cost me only 70 euros + 30 for some cheap oil. :D Glanza box was still working like always so I'm optimistic.

The winter is coming up so plans are to drive the V for a little while more and then chuck it in for winter sleep. Have some plans up for winter but I'll write about them when I get something done. :)

Here's a few pics too:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Oh right, and painted the civic lip white. :)

What do you guys think, is it better white or black?

Looks great! I got some TRD lsd to go in to! What's it like? Some cracking pics above keep it up!

Cheers! :)

TRD lsd was awesome till the box started making noise. :D Cornering feels totally different, it just suck you in the corner so be careful first time you corner hard. ;) Going to drop the glanza box back in when I get it serviced first.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys! :)

Seats are cool and great indeed, couldn't live without them anymore. :D Got them for 700€ few years back. Also have genuine Bride rails to go with them. The rails cost 50€ a pair in yahoo japan but they ended up costing around 400€ for me after post and taxes and customs. :D At least its JDM YO!

Tailored a door card and new fabric for the center console yesterday. :)

Photo%2011.12.2015%2022.04.59.jpg

Photo%2012.12.2015%202.14.44.jpg

Photo%2012.12.2015%202.15.31.jpg

Photo%2012.12.2015%202.15.56.jpgPhoto%2012.12.2015%201.01.16.jpg

Too bad I ran out of fabric, so got only driver's door done. Ordered a new piece today, so going to make the other door when it arrives.

Pretty happy how they turned out tbh. :)

• 2 months later...

This week I installed a TD 255lph fuel pump and a ceramic coated blue zisco mild steel manifold. :) Looks nice if you ask me! 8) Also put in silicone water lines for turbo.

manifold.jpg

I should be getting NEW RIMS tomorrow too. I'll keep my choice a secret just a little bit longer. :D Been having these wheels for like 3 years already so fancy a change. :D

Edited by whitestar

Got the new rims today! :) Going to keep the exact model and dimensions as a secret a little longer.

Also made a new carpet for the boot and installed my freshly painted Zep Racing rear brace. Now it's a match with my Cusco front brace. :)

Some more coming up soon. :p

wheelbox.jpg

trunk.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Glanza was asked to take part of Finland's biggest car show, American Car Show & Tuning Car Show! :) I've been spending almost all my spare time in the garage for past three weeks now but finally it pays of. :) Here's some pics.

Photo%2024.3.2016%201.08.35.png

glanza_fair_1.jpg

glanza_fair_2.jpg

glanza_fair_3.jpg

glanza_fair_4.jpg

glanza_fair_5.jpg