• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

I can post some pics of the progress in the diy section when i get it finished! :) Made them out of cardboard. It's not really a piece of cake if you want to do it properly, there's a reason they are not cheap! :D

Some updates. :)

She's standing on her own feet now! :p

newstance1.jpg

newstance2.jpg

newstance3.jpg

newstance4.jpg

The stance is quite ok. I'd like if it looked a bit lower, but the lowest part of my exhaust is now about 7cm from the ground...and I still want to be able to drive this thing. :D So here she stands for now. Wheels are not even about to scrape anywhere. :D I suppose with right offset I'd be able to fit even 16x8" rims without problems. These are 7.5" ET35. Even the rear is perfect and I don't have adustable panhard rod (and haven't rolled my arches!).

Heres the clearance

clearance1.jpg

clearance2.jpg

The lowest part is that flange. Otherwise I would take 1-2cm more off. Any suggestions how to solve than low hanging flange?

One more thing I'm actually really excited is my custom adjustable short shifter. :D

ss1.jpgss2.jpgss3.jpgss4.jpg

Haven't seen adjustable one anywhere, and yet it's really simple to make. Going to fit it during the weekend, can't wait to see how it works! :D

Edited by whitestar

Ok, couldn't resist again so had to get this thing going... :D

fmic1.jpg

fmic2.jpg

fmic3.jpg

fmic4.jpg

fmic5.jpg

A few tight places here and there but I'll sort dem out! Have to fabricate fixings for the core and find a suitable silicone joint for my blitz bov. Also the piping hits PS belt so I'll have to bend the AC piping and cut the bumper.

Edited by whitestar

It's 580mm X 210mm X 63mm. It's this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-EP82-EP91-INTERCOOLER-KIT-/121077566918?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

Sits pretty nice indeed. Chuffed that it aligns center easily and sits straight, even only with cable ties. :D I think the core is just perfect size, HDI ones seem too big, at least if you want to keep your AC still on...

It's out and going like hell! :D <3

01.jpg

Got the FMIC installed perfectly after some bumper cutting. Had to cut it surprisingly much, but you can't see it when the bumper is on. Really happy with the result!

02.jpg

06.jpg

04.jpg

The FMIC sits really nice and tight and is aligned almost perfectly center. Really happy with the result and the bumper barely looks cut. Made the fixings my self, turned out really good.

05.jpg

The engine bay looks pretty much like this. Although had to put standard efi pipe back to be able to fit the apexi filter. More pics of the bay when I get it cleaned up!

03.jpg

The custom short shifter went on pretty easy. :) The shift is now considerably shorter but not too short. As the shifter is adjustable I'm able to make it even shorter if needed, but the feel is now really good and all the gears get in nicely!

07.jpg

Had to put quite a few washers to clear the stick from chasis. :D

08.jpg

My self fabricated pillar pod works like it should, and the gauges too! :) AFR is quite ok with the JAM ecu too, a bit to the rich side but that's how JAM ecus work. When boosting full to 1 bar in higher speeds AFR goes quite rich, even up to 10. At lower speeds it's healthy 11-12.5 on full boost.

09.jpg

10.jpg

And a few more pics to make sure there's enough of them! :D

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Dirty as fuck (suits to it's behaviour :D) but nothing that can't be fixed! :D

Edited by whitestar

Took a few photos this evening. :) Lovin the car!

galnza_lurking.jpg

glanza_gas.jpg

cockpit.jpg

gauges2.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

glanza_side.jpg

Engine bay is not cleaned yet, but had a quick wash for the exterior. Gonna get her polished propably next month.

Edited by whitestar

Noticed that I haven't done a full spec list, so here it is. :D I'm pretty sure it's all there.

List of mods:

Cusco Zero-2R Coilovers

16x7.5" ET35 TTE Grand Stand alloys painted RAL6027 with 195/40/16 Falken ZIEX-912 tires

OEM front and rear strut bars

OEM cup holders

OEM armrest

OEM wind deflectors

Optional extra 5 piece mat set

Hand brake leather gaiter

Bride Brix seats on Bride rails

TRD gear knob

Custom adjustable short shifter

Cam cover painted in RAL6027

AEM Uego wideband

Depo boost gauge

Custom fpr A-pillar pod

NGK Iridium spark plugs

Ultra ignition leads

Lonza oil filler cap

TRD rad cap

Removed boost restriction

ASH breather filter

Blitz Super Sound BOV

HKS actuator @ 1.1 bar

Slightly ported waste gate

Ported OEM manifold

JPerformance decat

Front mount intercooler

JAM ecu

Fujitsubo Power Getter exhaust

Apexi air filter

HEL brained brake lines

Tegiwa BMCS

5.1 brake fluids

Twin dark green Mitsuba Alpha horns

DLS Reference R4 - 2-way component 4" front speakers and tweeters

Pioneer DEH-4400BT head unit with bluetooth and handsfree

Beat BSW8ACT - 180 Watts Amplified Under Seat Subwoofer

Going to get her dynoed as soon as possible. :)

Edited by whitestar
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my car all polished up by a mate on saturday. :) Took a few photos and videos today. Here's a few of the photos. My brother is going to put the videos online some time soon, so I'll post them as soon they're ready.

gurantsa1.jpg

gurantsa6.jpg

gurantsa3.jpg

gurantsa2.jpg

gurantsa7.jpg

Edited by whitestar