• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woop woop!

Today was a good day. :D

Installed new fresh radio surround, thanks to Browner!

surround.jpg

Also installed the BMCS using TGTT instructions. :phttp://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?96326-Tegiwa-brake-stopper/page2

bcms2.jpg

My engine mount bolt was way too long for the BMCS to fit, so had to think how to figure it out. Didn't want to cut the bolt as it is in quite challenging place and I wasn't sure how it would have ended....so did it like this!

bcms3.jpg

Took 3 washers, cut small slices off them so I could fit them without removing the bolt! Turned out perfect. :) Cheers to Browner again!

And then we had the first meeting of UKSO Finnish Department with JayJ :D Yay!

meet.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, got my CT9 decat today from funny onion (thanks)! :D It took THREE weeks for it to arrive, thx royal mail! Luckily it arrived at last, almost lost my faith!

decat.jpg

The car is now tucked away for the winter. Me and my two friends rented a warm garage where we can work and do our stuff while the weather is bad.

winter_shelter.jpg

The car is really dirty right now, but I'm going to tidy it up alot during the winter. Next thing I'm going to do is to take the turbo and mani out and get the mani ported at a professional workshop! Then alot of cleaning inside and out, loosen the stuck front coilover and lower a bit more, get some gauges, install my HKS actuator and wind the boost up...And more. :D Busy winter comming up!

Cheers socks, I'm waiting for good results on both sound and power. :)

And yeah, the washers were much easier than to take out the bolt and cut it just to the right lenght.

My mates have that s2000 and a -98 caldina gt. I might be posting more pics later of those too...still in middle of moving in to the garage so can't do much yet.

Has anyone tried prosport gauges? Been thinking if I should try a set of those...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok something happening again! Got our final winter shelter finally and the cars are in! The place is almost perfect, 140m2 space to do what ever we want. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Also started taking things apart. Going to port the mani by a professional and install my decat and HKS actuator.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Going to take off the turbo, mani and decat next weekend and taking the mani to the porting next week. Today also ordered a bunch of new parts from toyota (gaskets, thermostat, oil feed for turbo etc....).

Also a few more things to do: remove the passenger side front coilover and try to loosen up the bottom part to lower the front more, clean the engine bay, install C J Performance anti lift kit and HEL brake lines when they arrive and some other misc stuff. :)

Well well, got something done today at our garage.

Finally got the turbo and mani off. Wasn't as easy as I thought but not too hard either with right tools. :D Everything looks pretty well actually, clean and working!

turbo.jpg

mani.jpg

block.jpg

Only cracks I could find were in the mani collector:

collector.jpg

and in the wastegate:

wastegate.jpg

Othervise turbo looks nice and no shaftplay at all!

propeller.jpg

Also tried my decat on the setup, fits like it should. :)

turbosetup.jpg

This is how she stands now just befere leaving the garage tonight (with one new wheel on ;)).

onstands.jpg

Edited by whitestar
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my HEL brakelines installed this weekend. :) Also restored my VERY hazy headlights and removed my stuck coilover and left it soaking in fuel oil. Gonna try to loosen it again later this week...

A few pics:

hel_lines.jpg

light_restoration.jpg

soaking_coilie.jpg

Also JayJ dropped by to install his new mudflaps...

jay.jpg