Ok, finally got something done. Removed the boost restriction this saturday. Took about 2 min and you really can feel the difference. :) Also found out that my glanza revs to 8000rpm! I understand that the factory rev limiter is normally around 7500rpm, am i right?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look good, I'm jealous of these seats! Can't say I personally have any tips as I haven't changed my own seats yet :/ hehe love the car though mate :)

Cheers mate! I was lucky to find these straight from Finland, as these are quite rare. Heard they came out from a supra and rx7. Cleaned them up on sunday and now they look even better, and they feel really good to sit in!

Also took the drivers seat out to see if the original seat rails could easily be modified to fit, but I tell you it's not easy! :D Would have to tear the original seat apart to remove the rails and it really is not a straight swap, so maybe I'll just hunt for bride rails or end up making them myself.

car looks awesome mate! good work :thumbsup:

Thanks alot, like it so much myself too. Funny how driving a pocket rocket like this attracts people to race you in the streets. :D I just try to stay cool and ignore them as I'd really like to keep my drivers licence! ;)

Tried to lower the car more yesterday, but the left front coilie seems to be stuck, so I can't adjust the lenght of the coilover! I understand that adjusting the lower sping plate doesn't affect on the ride height at all, so don't know what to do. We tried everything from brake cleaner to hammering it to get it loose, but no. All the other 3 coilies were fine. Any hints how to loosen it up? :D

Oh yeah, and also changed the front fixing for the fujitsubo (attaches the exhaust to engine to prevent it from yanking the cat, turbo and manifold as it doesn't have the flex part), as the old one was bent due to a hit on the roads. The new is a bit smaller and I mounted it with the bolts facing up, so it won't get bent again. :)

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, and also changed the front fixing for the fujitsubo (attaches the exhaust to engine to prevent it from yanking the cat, turbo and manifold as it doesn't have the flex part), as the old one was bent due to a hit on the roads. The new is a bit smaller and I mounted it with the bolts facing up, so it won't get bent again. :)

Could you show me a picture of this part please mate? And also where did you get it from?

Well the part I replaced looks like this

Exhaust+clamp+PX80150+M8.jpg

There's a fixed metal part sticking out somewhere near the gearbox, where this thing attaches the exhaust. Found a pic where you can see the original fixing just after installing the exhaust.

fixing.jpg

Ah yeah that's the same as mine, you remember what size u clamp you got

As I'm using an old tinny clamp

From the air con lol

Your fujitsubo pipes look so shiny compared to

Mine as mine is a fair bit older, still in good shape though.

I don't suppose you know where to get a gasket ring for that joint in your pic? Or even the bracket the backbox sits on, of not could you get some measurements of your bracket for me by any chance as I need one making up :(

I think it was 60mm, I had to hammer it a bit to make it fit, but now it's perfect. :)

Yeah that pic is when the exhaust was brand new. Nor as shiney anymore. ;) I think you should email to fujitsubo about the ring or try asking from any sports exhaust dealer. It's a bit hard for me to take the measurements as I don't have a garage near me right now, my parrents garage is a bit too far to get there to take the measurements. Sorry. :/ I can try to remember to measure it when I visit them next time.

Ah cool I'll see if I can get one :)

And yeah I'll see what I can do with the gasket, I don't need one now but wondered for when I do

As for the bracket, yeah that's fine mate, it's just the one that holds the backbox up and bolts to the hangers on the car :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that I maybe sell my current ones when the snow falls and buy new ones during the winter, propably grids if I can find them in ET20. ET10 seems to be needing too much work on the arches. It's a hard decision to pick wheels! :D

I've been trying to find the rails for brides so I can fit them, and I've been trying to figure out which engine management I should buy. The option range has been quite wide. Plug&play, e-manage blue or ultimate or megasquirt. Don't wanna use 1000€ for it, so these seem like the only good options...propably I'll go with emu because I can get it with EP91 harness, so the installation is quite simple and it has more features.

Decat, manifold and some handling parts are also on the list. Oh, and a varis front bumper and hrf rear spats. :) I also got Forte stuffs for engine, got to run it through when changing the oil next time...