• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Gonna propably paint the wheels white, but not yet...still like 3 months untill it's time to take her out again. :D So not in a hurry.

Actually did a diy + turtlewax kit combo.

turtle-wax-headlight-restorer-kit-14-01-

Sanded the lights first with 800 and 1200 grit sandingpaper. Then used the sanding pads from the kit, then rubbing compound, then used a drill and a polishing pad to swipe the dried compound off. To finish the surface I used the sealing wipe that came with the kit. Came out pretty well. :) The kit cost 17€ so not bad.

Cheers! :)

Yeah very pleased with the result on the lights! Couldn't even imagine that clear finish. Can't wait to get it all back together!

Gonna get my manifold from the workshop on thursday! :) Then I can start to put stuff back together again.

Edited by whitestar
  • 1 month later...

Not much happening recently since I was having a great time in thailand. :D

But now back in the middle of snow.

actuator.jpg

Installed my actuator yesterday. Next up gauge installation and sand blasting my rocker cover. Need to order a few bits, like pcv valve to get all back together, but soon I can start to put stuff back together! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers fellas! :)

Got good news today! My stuck coilover works now! Took it to a local racing company, they got it loose. :) Gonna get it back tomorrow with my sodablasted rocker cover. So lots of stuff to do this weekend!

Also planned to take my TTE wheels to tyre shop to take the tires off so I can have them soda blasted too. Going to prepare them myself for painter. Propably some interesting color comming up for those. ;)

Sunday might be the day to start put my engine back together, or maybe adjust my suspension again. Going to put LOADS of copper paste to the threads to prevent them getting stuck again, ffs. :D

Edited by whitestar

Ok got some gauges installed the other day too.

IMG_1867.jpg

I was chuffed that they lit up and seemed to be working fine. :) couldn't start the engine yet though, it looks like this atm.

IMG_1861.jpg

This is the once so stuck coilover. Works fine now, but the threads have seen better days. :D

IMG_1957.jpgIMG_1959.jpg

Now it's covered in copper paste. The mofo wont't get stuck again, EVER!

Edited by whitestar