Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. B)

I must say that I was a bit afraid to hear the noise comming out of the powergetter, but it turned out to be very nice and not too loud at all. Other choice for exhausts wat blitz nur spec rx, but luckily it wasn't available at that time, so I ended up to the fujitsubo. REAL jdm. :p

Here's a few pics more from my camera, those previous ones were from my brothers.

glanza4_sma.jpg

glanza5_sma.jpg

glanza6_sma.jpg

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Thanks all of you! I've been quite busy whole summer (drove almost 9000km with my glanza during 3 months! :p), moved to a different city and got a new job etc...So didn't have time to write here. :(

So, the glanza is now stored for the winter (yeah, it's not winter yet, but couldn't afford to keep it in use because of the moving and stuff). Got a few pics of it weeks ago, gonna try to upload them at some point.

Although I didn't make any more bigger mods to it this summer after cuscos and power getter, I've been planning lots of mods. :) Just trying to collect some money to make them true! One thig that has been haunting me is the new wheels I wanna get SOOOO bad! Been browsing stancenation.com too much I guess. :p

This is what I did today with photoshop:

glanza_rota2_slammed.jpg

Been planning white Rota Grids to front in 16x7" and Grid Drifts to back in 16x8". Maybe with ET 20? Can anyone say if it's going to rub like hell? :D I planned using my 195/40/16's all round. And maybe lower it a bit because it clearly is too high cause didn't get any hits from speedbumps whole summer! :D

Here's a quick one too, to get the idea:

glanza1_rota.jpg

Oh, and Idrees: The power getter really is an excellent exhaust! Love the sound of it so much, and the fitment was SO easy with all the bits fitting like a charm.

Car looks very nice buddy, i'm running 195/45/16 aqnd ET20 and you will need to have the rear arch lip rolled and possibly flared a little to get that kind of offset to fit nice.

Thanks!

Rolling I could expect. :) Flaring sounds a bit scary to me, but I guess it's a thing I have to deal with if I want 8" wide wheels at the back....Still, 40 profile tires could solve the problem and I could get through only with rolling?

16x7" should be quite easy in front? I now have 16x6.5" and it's all good. Not sure about the ET for front though.

Is the camber adujustable at back or is some kind of camber kit needed?

Thanks!

Rolling I could expect. :) Flaring sounds a bit scary to me, but I guess it's a thing I have to deal with if I want 8" wide wheels at the back....Still, 40 profile tires could solve the problem and I could get through only with rolling?

16x7" should be quite easy in front? I now have 16x6.5" and it's all good. Not sure about the ET for front though.

Is the camber adujustable at back or is some kind of camber kit needed?

You can't flare the rear much because of the rear bumper mount.

I'm only running 7J's so 8's might be pushing it.

I'm running 7J et20 all round and it's been a bit of work but it's worth it.

Rear camber cannot be adjusted only way to do it is to chop the rear beam about not something i would ever want to do.

very tidy glanza! :), those wheels looks awesome!, i wanted a set of rota drifts on mine but i did some research and it really does look good but i think it puts alot of stress of the front wheels i.e the cv joints etc, ive got a feeling you would be forever replacing them because they would be always popping out the joints. if your willing to sort it out everytime then go for it because it really does look good :(

very tidy glanza! :D, those wheels looks awesome!, i wanted a set of rota drifts on mine but i did some research and it really does look good but i think it puts alot of stress of the front wheels i.e the cv joints etc, ive got a feeling you would be forever replacing them because they would be always popping out the joints. if your willing to sort it out everytime then go for it because it really does look good :D

B) Cheers Mac!

Just noticed that in the first photoshopped pic the wheels are Rota GTR's and the smallest size they come is 17"...Too bad. Actually I like more that 5 spoke look than 6 spoke in the Grids...

I just changed all the four cv boots this summer, so I really know how it's done. Didn't enjoy it though! :D Luckily these glanzas are quite simple to work with, so if there are some downsides comming with cool wheels, maybe I'll just have to bear it. :) I guess that in 7" width there shouldn't be too much problems in the front? I'd just like to be able to fit 7 and 8" rims on before ordering anything!

Any more experiences on wide rims under glanzas, anyone?

• 1 month later...
Hiye mate, what is the exhaust like??? is it loud??

Diller

Exhaus is a spot on! Not too loud at all. :( It has a very smooth and nice low tone. I really can recommend power getter to anyone, if you can find one for a reasonable price!

oem front and rear lip and your sorted

Yeah, maybe! At least front defo needs something! Been thinking of making some sort of custom front lip, but OEM frontlip could be great too. Too bad it's hard to find Toyota OEM plastic ones anywhere! I'd like it better than the replica fiberglass one.

• 1 month later...

Tried again the next summers ride height with photoshop.

glanza_lowered1.jpg

I guess that's about 4cm lower than it is now. I'm planning to take the cuscos out and adjust the whole suspension again from scratch. Interested in seeing will the tyres scrape when lowered more. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could get my hands on these:

glanza2_rh.jpg

glanza2_white.jpg

The size is 16x7.5".

What do you think would it be worth trying? The price is a bargain and the condition should be good! I was thinking of painting the lip glossy white and the center matte black. Oh yeah and wrap them with 195/40 Falkens.

EDIT: So the paint should looks something like this, only the centers matte:

eurp_0805_16_z+Ross_Morehead_2006_VW_GTI+front_low.jpg

Edited by whitestar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...