Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my Blitz induction kit today, cheers Alex.

DSC01948.jpg

Then I went out and bought a metre of aluminium air feed piping

DSC01949.jpg

Got that all in place

DSC01950.jpg

Peeking through the front for nice cold air ;)

DSC01952.jpg

I planned on making two air feeds but didn't really have room for two alumium pipes, so I reused the airbox intake pipe

DSC01955.jpg

I ran out of materials when wrapping the plastic pipe though so I'll have to finish it off some other time!

Overall engine bay...

DSC01957.jpg

Finished wrapping the intake pipe last night

It doesn't look 100% perfect but I'm happy with it. ;)

DSC01972.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

I also prepped and primed my spare fuel rail, ready for a nice lick of paint.

DSC01970.jpg

I went out today to rewire the front foglights up (off a switch and get all the connections soldered) but everytime the foglights are connected the headunit cuts out. Stupid f*uckin car with its gay electrics. I need to get it to an electrician because 50% of the electrics are shagged, but I need to wait for my new wheels. It scrapes the floor far too much on the 13s so I can't really get it to someones garage to get it sorted.

I was also planning on changing all the fluids in the next few weeks becuase I've had the car parked almost a year and the only things that have been replaced are the spark plugs and engine oil. Can't do much in this horrible weather though so I'm just gonna wait.

Small update

As some of you may have read in the other thread, my brother accidently tried to start my car yesterday while it was in gear which broke the front end a little :angry:

The headlight bracket broke, headlight screw snapped, headlight motor broke, bumper bracket got bent and the bonnet is also slightly bent in from the front. So, last night I stripped the front end of the car (again!).

I have ordered a new headlight along with the screw, and I think I have a spare motor lying around somewhere so I'm going to try and stick that on it. While the bumpers off I might give it in to a bodyshop to finish the smoothing off and get it resprayed because I simply have no time for it. I'm not going to attemp to straighten the bonnet myself so that will definitely be left to the professionals.

The drivers door is also bent around the window because someone tried to nick the car (gutted) and the black paint has cracked. I'm guessing that will need to get straightened and resprayed too so I'll just leave that to the bodyshop aswell.

I really did want the car to be MOT'd by now and ready for the VIC check but it doesn't look like that will be happening soon, oh well. I need all the electrics sorted too yet (before the MOT) because its all dodgy.