Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

Thanks dude :) yea gonna be awesome with more grunt under the bonnet, expecting to see around 300 ish on the glanzas old forged lump, then few months down the line got something planed to help see around 340+ will just see how it goes though tbh. Need coilovers sooooo badly lol.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mike :lol: im quite lucky tbh as my good friend turbo grant is as starlet mad as me and between us we have a gt doner and glanza doner plus his caged 5e gt and my 4wd so plenty of bits floating around, my 4wd has only cost me around £170 so far not including my alloys. As it now wears 90% of grants old gt on its body! And the glanza is donating all the vital engine bay parts for the turbo conversion so as soon as i can get an uncut gt loom we are away ;) we are fabricating our own exhuast system and just need some minor exterior bits n bobs needed plus guages and coilovers then shes sorted oh and bigger brakes up front but im just gonna use ae111 twin pots again as i think they are perfect for the starlets!! 4pots are overkill imo.

haha that is not fair i have to import everthing bit bolt name it.

And i am also busy with my 82 ;) delays somethings sometimes haha

If you have a spair (could provide) me a mk2/3 uncut frontbumper, so i can respray my 85 in the next few weeks i would be very happy...

and go to scotland to catch some snow early :lol:

Wish i could help :lol: got a spare mk1 bumper with oem lip though if thats any good to you instead of mk2/3? You would need the mk1 bumper bar instead off a mk2/3 one to fit it but toyota sell it for £26. You plan to turbo yours? And keep an eye on the na if not as even though mine had only done 45,000 miles it looks like the stem seals faild and she burnt up all her oil and ran dry, wich is why the bearing on the crank has shit itself ;) looks like the na's had a tough life in japland.

Well not much to update atm. Waiting on my gt loom to arrive and have started servicing and changing some bits on my forged engine ready to go in the car. Also emailed a guy at powerflex I've delt with before to sort out making some poly engine/gearbox mounts and also some rear arb bushes so will update if anything comes of it. Turbo grant is sorting some stainless out for the custom exhuast system so with some luck she should be progressing in the next few weeks.

I think where one of the few left whoom posting in this section, shoot boost up some views and appreciation :) hehe. I must say that you already done a nice job with your 85!

somekind of rol model for me know, but i must say you are gonna love mine when done!!! Bring old memory when busy with the NL EUDM Starlet conversion. (still doing in secret below sealevel haha) got a pic for this month in the POTM section, if you want to check im out.

Very interested in how you do your exhaust with lower brace or without... and the tranfer case in the way...

think your right, the 4paw section is very quiet these days, fwd boys are jelious of our extra grip maybe?? pic looks good man, is that the k1 powered beast? love the mix match colour sceme!! got ,my vote as soon as it opens to voting :)

Is my bad tbh john, i was pitched else where and only stopped off at the stand a couple of times for a breif moment :) and allday on the saturday i had to leave for a wedding. But dont worry ill be at basicaly every show next year :p and the mountian goat will be on track at every opertunity B)

• 2 weeks later...

not much to report due to working alot atm :( that said got tomorrow off so going to start ripping the bay to bits and ditch the na lump ect. then drop my forged lump in, also whent to see ollie @ JDmodified (who sold his silver v :D) and collected his old exhuast system for a bargin so that will be hacked up and the center resinator box and back box will form the basis for the custom system :( gt loom is sat in a box waiting to go in, sooooo watch this space and with some luck engine will be swapped soon.

also for those who may not have realised the "sleeper" look i aimed for is well and truley out the window! haha should be a savage weapon when shes finished and i know exactly what i want it to be like :thumbsup:

not sure tbh dude, either bung it in the shed or sell it for a small amount if some one wants it to repair :thumbsup: its a bottom end knock and i drove about 60miles on it (slowley) so could be a bit messy down under.

made a start ripping out the na, and started sizing up some bits like the RS*R panhard rod i kept back from the v as I've noticed now the zoom springs have setteled you can see the drivers side rear tyre has taken a ton of scrubbing on the way to and from jae. the RS*R rod though is just far to long to fit, so will measure up and have a chat with turbo grant as he loves a bit of cut and welding so will have to hack it up :p damn starlets haha

Well, although its a live rear axle if you look at the way it works its basicaly the same ideanas that of a gt/glanza it has an oem panhard rod and now my ep85 zoom springs have setteled the car sits lower and its pushing the geometry of the rear out of line (only a few mm) this can be felt when heavy braking and seen by the fact the rear drivers wheel is now scrubbing the arch lip. The easy option is grind the arch lip off to stop scrubbing but that wont stop the feel of it being out of line. Im a big big believer that pan hard rods should always be used when the starlets are lowered as other wise you have a nice low stance and a car thet crabs under heavy braking! To fit one to an ep85 however is going to envolve alot of custom work to the rod, but hey ho it will go on when we are finished with it haha :p