Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

If you lower it the caster changes, you have to realine it always after shock changes. mine lower itself by hanging down on the top mount :thumbsup: only right. now its pullin to the right when i let go the wheel, slightly.

how about the panhard, can we let one or two made up... how did gaz do it?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have slightly crossed wires mike, its the rear where the issues are, the front as all aligned but the rear is out. Im basicaly going to cut down the RS*R one i have and reweld the adjuster tops further down. Gaz prob altered the oem one or did the same and cut down an aftermarket one. The 4wd is all a bit new to me tbh but starlet tuning isnt so ill find away round it sum how :p and ill take plenty of photos and measurements for you to referance dude :thumbsup: im going to have a reread of gaz's build too just to see if he did fab some thing up.

Post 133 form gaz's build thread

"fitted a whiteline panhard rod which we had to cut down and tube the inside and re-weld with 95mm cut out of it"

Looks like gaz did exactly what im about to do, only way is going to be a custom job mike :thumbsup:

Yea ill bung up a step by step with pics and measurements ect when we do it :)

And thats why the 4wd arnt as common mike, the modding takes twice as long as a gt or glanza haha but is well worth it in the end.

I've fitted my old TC shortshifter kit, and finaly managed to get hold of a reverse scoop wich is on now too. And will be collecting somthing awesome in the next few weeks :(

True the grip is awesome over fwd! Na scoops from lee whos breaking the 323gt at the mo. Needs some sanding and filling to make it fit perfect because im fussy lol, but fits quite well for a fibreglass part.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny update,

Got my powerflex engine bushes, a newer set of gt lights, takata harness and picking up my 9 point cusco cage friday :( also need to stick the gt seats from grants gt in at some point. Conversion to turbo power is a slow process though :lol: just cant seem to find the spare time atm. And still got loads needs customising to fit, as there seems to be alot of minor differences with the 4wd compaired to fwd.

Just the little subtle ones like the gearstick having slightly smaller ball ends on, so when fitting the shortshifter kit i had to sand down the nylon cups a bit to make it fit right. The huge difference in size of the panhard rods. Just little things you think wouldnt be so different. Its not a big deal, just as me and mike said takes a little longer to mod the mods to fit lol.

Just the little subtle ones like the gearstick having slightly smaller ball ends on, so when fitting the shortshifter kit i had to sand down the nylon cups a bit to make it fit right. The huge difference in size of the panhard rods. Just little things you think wouldnt be so different. Its not a big deal, just as me and mike said takes a little longer to mod the mods to fit lol.

mine is lowered on coilovers and it hasnt put the rear alignment out anything worth talking about. nothing i can see anyway. and i put a short shifter in and it fitted fine. there arent really all that many differences between the fwd and 4wd versions <_<

Lmao, well its enough to scrape the shit out of my pradas on the drivers side since my wider volks went on. and dont get me wrong im not saying the differences are huge was just saying theres a few little ones that i was a tad suprised by. and your short shifters may fit but tmy tc kit didnt without modding the nylon bushes for the ball ends on the shifter. nout big but was enough to stop it going on. with all due respects i think ill mod the rsr bar and fit it to realighn the rear. may not bother you but when my 300+ lump is in there id rather not have the arse twitching on the car, they are made for a reason lol

small update, picked up the 9point cusco cage, and been tarting and cleaning the glanza's old engine ready to drop into the 85. Not long and the mountian goat will be back................only on steroids this time :)

with all due respects i think ill mod the rsr bar and fit it to realighn the rear. may not bother you but when my 300+ lump is in there id rather not have the arse twitching on the car, they are made for a reason lol

im going to fit a modded bar when i get round to it, but just saying that even though mine is lowered to the max on coilovers on the back it hasnt moved it over any noticeable amount. due to this its not the top of my list :)

ah fair one mate, soz kinda miss read what you where trying to get accross. mine was ok till the volks whent on then it became far more noticable :) so it has ended up being pushed nearer the top of my list. how low have you got on the coilovers? any chance you could upload a pic here? also you on the miesters?

my coilovers are as low as they go without modding anything. they are the 4wd specific miesters with one of the locking rings removed to get them as low as possible :)

i dont have a latest pic, will try and get one tomorrow or something when its light. its not that low tbh, but low enough for me! at a guess probably have about half inch of gap between the tire and the top of the arch on 195/55/15 tires.

i also found it was the same on my ep82. lowering it didnt put the back out of alignment by much at all ????

• 1 month later...

Not much to report latley lol still havnt found the time to.do.anything to the car atm but that said I've now stripped the engine back to a short block again as I've just aquiered a fully port polished head so decided to whip the old head of give the engine a good clean after the terrible over fueled map it ran in the v and put the new head on. will update with some pics when i get some spare time. is getting a little depressing seeing it layed up still. she hasnt moved an inch since jae! And tbh I've barely touched her since then either :) at least i should have some time over xmas i hope.