Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

^^

coming from the guy who owns 99% of an r32 gts-t n a box of parts haha ;)

And will whip it off over the weekend grant. got monday off so gonna go mental on the car! I want it running asap! Sick of looking at it now!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my coilovers are as low as they go without modding anything. they are the 4wd specific miesters with one of the locking rings removed to get them as low as possible ;)

i dont have a latest pic, will try and get one tomorrow or something when its light. its not that low tbh, but low enough for me! at a guess probably have about half inch of gap between the tire and the top of the arch on 195/55/15 tires.

i also found it was the same on my ep82. lowering it didnt put the back out of alignment by much at all ????

same here mate, i lowered an ep82, bought a panhard rod then sold it straight away when i found out the wheels were still where they should be. my ep85 is currently lowered a fair bit and no messing underneath required

when you think about it its impossible for your wheels still to be in the same place. the rod is fitted at an angle from its mointing point at the offside rear to the rear axle at the nearside rear. if you raise the car its naturally pull the nearside rear wheel in and if you lower it its going to push it out.

not trying to cause an argument but you should defo check your wheels incase you have misunderstood which way you should check them. for example the first time i lowered my car and checked i was looking for the wheels being like off centre in the arch as apposed to checking how far there were from the face of the arch.

even a little bit off is gonna effect handling and probably not gonna be to good for shocks or axle bushes either.

thats just my opinion anyway.

Lol at ollie didnt realise till you txt me ;) only a few more days dude.

@russleh imgald some ones sees the point. im happy for thoese who havnt needed to alter anything but after 5+ years of modded starlets and over 10+ years of modded cars im fairly sure i can tell when its shifted. its not much granted but thats because the shocks and oem panhard bar are both shorter than oem gt or glanza parts so tge effect is far less noticable and i only realised when i fitted my rays two peice wheels as they are wider. ill load a pic of the near side shredded yoko if it makes people happier? I do not want to.run the rear even the few mm out that it is. im building it as a 300+ track car so handling is important to me therefor no corner will be cut and a few mm out is too many in my eyes! I appreciate the input but its bugging me a tad that people dont understand simple suspension physics tbh.

The reason the tc shifter needed modding to get in was they were ep91 specific the nylon bushes differ between 90's and 80's I guess the trd and other unit were either ep82 or they are not model specific!

As for the Panhard rod I think it depends on a few things to whether it is noticeable ie tyre and wheel sizes and offset! If its lowered the rear end will be out but depending on how much Clearence you have and how accurately central is was in the first place! When I used to go down to JAE in the sr with it fully loaded it would only ever catch on one side with the rays on but with the speedlines it wouldn't catch on either due to the difference in offset! Try putting a piece of wood across the arch an measuring to a spoke or the wheel centre! Do the same on both sides see how much they differ! When I did this after fitting the meisters on the sr it was 6mm out!

Also shorty pm me your address I have something for you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so been a looong time since i found spare time as i finished work early and so did my mate ollie. We cleaned out the car from the shed it had become and got this in to see how it fits

(cusco brace needs sprsying black and fitting once coilovers go on)

2011-12-22154820.jpg

2011-12-22154908.jpg

2011-12-22154754.jpg

next few days is strip the front down (return grants bumper bar to him) and get the rest of the lump out! Got the week off so will update with all the progress as it happens :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i kind of came to a hault on the car due to the engineers chemical cleaner was broken just before xmas so i cant rebuild the forge lump with the new head yet as i need it skimmed and cleaned. On a bum note the loom i bought from a dodgey user (previous scammer who is still able to log on!! Didnt realise till after id paid) was missing the only bit i wanted! So bought a new loom from taggy and im now stopped till the loom arrives and the engineers cleaner is fixed :D

Any way pics! Lol

2011-12-31131013.jpg

2011-12-31131107.jpg

Few pics off the gearbox and transferbox for thoese who would like to see them :)

2011-12-31131216-1.jpg

2011-12-31131244.jpg

Cheers dude. my mrs hates the cage and the car cant even be driven atm haha i love it though. also tbh the actual swap is very easy by the look of it. the engine loom just unplugs from the engine bay fuse box and the ecu then its just a case of plugs on ancilerie and sensors. aslong as i make the track day ill be happy i think.