Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully port polished head, cruise springs and billet 265 cams. (cams and springs are from my old head so already had them here. need oem inlet mani ported to match the head and pos a bigger tb. unless you still gotthat inlet spare dude?

Cheers dude :p I've got a stock one cheers mate. im after an aftermarket one if i can though to.help.get spool down. the vf24 isnt laggy realy anyway and with a port polished head should drop a bit but if i can get an inlet on there too the spool will come down a tad more. All in the aid of making a good responsive track car realy :(

• 3 weeks later...

Not a whole lot to show atm. work has slowed things down but have been busey lapping the valves and swapping the cruise springs from the old head to the port polished one i bought. Need to order a new set of arp's to bolt it down then the engine will be almost ready :)

2012-01-09211242.jpg

2011-12-05224822.jpg

still a fair bit to do befor the track day in april. Just hope i can find the time :( but ill be happy as long as i get it done before grant finishes the green beast haha

Is bruntingthorpe in the uk mike. dont tempt me to nordschllefe though!! Id love to do the nurburgring!!!!!!!!!!

Also cheers john. isnt banter though he is just a cocky nipper ;) haha........................love ya realy grant lol

More progress. finaly took the knackered jdm 100ps na engine out

2012-01-23151642.jpg

As you can see i now need to clean the mud off engine bay lol miss off roading the 85 :(

2012-01-23151636.jpg

Ordered my new set of arp head bolts from tuning developments so as soon as they turn up me and grant will bung the forged engine back together and its all down hill from there :D

Cheers bud. not long now i hope and ill be back and boosting :) fianly decided to keep the oem ratios in the gearbox too. will suck on the motorway bud should kill on track. plus with such short gears and little lag it should hit boost very quick!