Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not realy tbh dude. quite like the square lamp oem gt look. just want to remove the embosed gt logos on the doors, and add a few 4x4 touches but nothing major. i was going to put some id workz fenders on but tbh the bodywork isnt stunning and i love raggin down the "green lanes" so will only get chipped and scratched anyway. sump guard is on the cards though as she is a tad close on some lanes due to tractor and landrover ruts lol. she suits the muddy look though. would love to rally it if i got the chance :) need to get another set of alloys sorted with some "nobbely" off road tyres though as the volks dont go off road!

Miss this little beast like mad! Deffo need another starlet in my life!

Only the head is different in that engine so should sell it on and then they could maybe put a turbo bottom end on it mate?

Glad to see all the great progress getting made on this!!

Cheers dude ;) and you know theres always a passenger ride waiting for you when shes done. i binned the engine :( it was sat out the front of the house and a scrap pikey nocked the same day it was due to come out so told him he could come back and bin it the following day! Got the injectors, ecu, inlet and exhuast still though ;)

Shud be BIG updates in the comming weeks :D

I thought I was getting a little go at driving it shorty :p but with the power your going for don't think I'd be able to handle that just yet! Haha deffo sounds good tho mate and I will be taking up that offer on the passenger ride!!

Not selling the bonnet im afraid johno unless iddy makes some sort of frp one.

And bigman you can have a drive after you have had the car we have been talking about for a lil while ;)

good stuff! i need boost in my life like now!!

Grant you are a legend! I love your engineer!

Mike its nothing special, its johno's old bonnet that was freshly resprayed and hes lookig for an oem bonnet atm thats all lol. trust me youd know if there was somthing in the pipe line my 4wd brother lol ;)

It will be honey dont worry. just need to finish shimming the cams the time in the engine, port match my custom inlet mani. drop the lum back in. sort the tps to work off the oem gt ecu. Get it to grants workshop for him to fab the custom exhuast system, wire in some guages. visit jdmodified for a road map then boom* good to roll and rip up as much track action as i can!

*note: thats boom not bang i hope haha! With beans latest rr result i cant forsee there being any issues with the 4wd system taking 300+ ;)

Dont panic chaps lol the little mountian goat will be all beefed up and at every show almost with some luck lol ;) ill update some pics next time im at the workshop plaing with the engine.

*note: With beans latest rr result i cant forsee there being any issues with the 4wd system taking 300+ ;)

it will be fine mate! more than 324bhp has been ran through them already. mines still in 2wd "mode" yet haha.

Edited by Bean

I could be shimming shortys engine up but I cant be assed. Bores the hell out of me lol leave that for the little man to finish. I do wonder my self it will be done this year my self haha I'll crack the whip out

Oooo yea whip me biach! ;) lol yea need to crack on and shim it up i guess :( such a dull job!! Lol

and yea i know more than 300 has gone though them before but i still wonder how long the system will actualy take it for? dont know if gaz ever confirmed howmuch power his ran and for how long for. so still realitivly unknown as to the actual capability of the 4wd sytem.