Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

The 85 gets all muddy down the tracks. Was so funny. Was more like a foot path towards the end and the start thinking about it. The 4wd didnt get stuck in the tractor ruts. Just plowed on throw :) I recon shorty will post some pics of the dirty girl up later.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent read this for a while but when i had my ep85 and fitted the mk1 bumper it didnt line up with the headlights at all. You will need the gt bumper support bar as its curved not straight like the ep85 on also the gt headlights and the brackets to go with it.

Just incase you didnt know :)

The 85 gets all muddy down the tracks. Was so funny. Was more like a foot path towards the end and the start thinking about it. The 4wd didnt get stuck in the tractor ruts. Just plowed on throw :) I recon shorty will post some pics of the dirty girl up later.
Would love to see some dirt pics, seen nobody post up som muddy pics of there 85.

Forgot to take pics of my own 85, when i let her out offroad. XD 4x4 rules!

Sounds like fun, wait till we get some more snow, they are a great laugh! Anywhere I went in mines I was going side ways constant for weeks! I was gutted when it cleared up lol
Cannot wait for the winter to begin already lol

@ shorty get started with the panels mate, what's done is already done :)

yea been cracking on mike, i cheated though and put some freshley sprayed mk1 gt doors on instead (thanks grant :D) as was easier than lining the bracket up. rest is sat waitin to go on when i get the chance.

MUD!!

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

and my fav bit lol an old uksc sticker i pealed off and hadnt de glued. now mud printed :p

DSC00187.jpg

not as muddy as we intend to make it lol and pics arnt great as was getting dark.

Hell ya! :D love these i'll get mine mud up once again before lowering :p

The guys at Anac are your best friend now lol

Its better with the panels this way :p

I ordered a GI bonnet today, let hope they are not discontinued (fingers crossed)

Got those front windows wind arches laying over here in the garage, are those any good?

Let me know if the gi nonnet is still available, would love one! And yea dude the wind deflectors are wicked, i like fresh air when i drive and it just means you can have the window down a tad for fresh air with out it getting cold or windy in the car. I would never be without them after having them on my old glanza tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a spare set mike i can have poly ones made :thumbsup:

Right. Finaly got the gt kit fully on and fitted (thanks again grant :thumbsup: always there when im in a panic) along with the volks and set off to jae, had a hectic time as i was floating in and out of jae as i had a wedding to attend on the saturday. Was a good laugh and the car looked good. We left to go home on the sunday and 60miles from home the bottom end shit itself!! And now she is dead, especialy as i drove her home on the blown engine.

Has forced the turbo swap to be done way sooner than planed but hey, the glanza's beast spec forged engine and turbo set up is sat around waiting so why not eh?

Exactly how im looking at it tbh. Gutted it died as realy did love the na for just ease of everything. But ah well, 300+ i guess instead now. Just a pain in the arse tbh as i love driving the car. Never mind be back up and running in a few weeks :thumbsup:

How she sits atm with her shagged engine.

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00199-1.jpg

The gt kit and rays have totaly changed the look. Just needs a few more parts to finish the exterior off. As you may guess the sleeper 85 has gone out the window haha.

Yea exactly, if i didnt have my old engine id be gutted and probably panicing but as its all sat there waiting and i was thinking of using it anyway so its no big deal just a bit of an inconveniance tbh haha

when you fitted the gt side trim pieces did you attach the door trims to the ep85 doors or swap the doors from an ep82?

i just wondered how you fitted them, did you drill holes in the door and clip it on or just bond it?

Swaped mk1 gt doors on to it mate, mine where a bit battered and turbo grant had two freshly painted doors sat around he wasnt using since he ended up getting aze's green shell. Also side skirts we only bonded the rear brace on then just double sided preasure taped the kit on aswell. Took around 3-4 hours all in to completly swap the 85 to a gt body. Still some bits to do though as I've not finished the outside to how i want it :)