David Ashton's 98 Spec TD04 Glanza - Updated 02/04/2015

Lift is rad, had no idea what to expect first time I drove it, was pleasantly surprised how much it actually kicks. Hard work to drive the Corolla fast though as the power is so far up the revs and the gears are so long.

To be honest I hardly drive it fast, it's just super nice and comfy compared to the Glanza, has the optional alcantara / leather interior which just makes it a real nice place to be.

Got the Glanza washed today! Really wanted to drive it to be fair but sorned it so couldn't. I already have a new exhaust for it so that's that but sorted. Needs a new gearbox mount so will do that same time as exhaust.

Hopefully I will have it back on the road for Japfest 2!

Yeah I remember hitting it lift for the first time! :lol: They really are nice cars to drive as a daily, I loved mine!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gearbox mount sorted.

19187282640_5cf091e446_b.jpg

New exhaust system fitted.

19187286860_0f2e9ec1e9_b.jpg

Rear brakes and bearings renewed.

19368770082_7bf0941b0b_b.jpg

The car is now reinsured. Just need to detail it, bleed up the brakes, fit the slipstreams and tax it!

Itching to drive it to be fair, I have only driven up the road to turn it round and got the bug all over again. Can't wait to hear the new exhaust on boost and it should feel pretty fast after driving the Corolla for so long now.

Also booked some track time at Japfest 2 so looking forward to that! No doubt gearbox whine will still annoy me but hopefully not as much as when it was a daily.

Edited by DavidAshton

Quality! What difference did that poly mount make by the way?

Discovered my gbox side mount is dying, thought I may as well replace all 3

Edited by Amjad

Quality! What difference did that poly mount make by the way?

Discovered my gbox side mount is dying, thought I may as well replace all 3

I cant say what difference they poly mount has made yet as I haven't driven it beyond the end of my street. My gearbox mount had perished so I replaced because I had to rather than for any performance advantage. I was told if I just replace the gearbox mount I shouldn't get any extra in cabin vibrations like I would if I replaced all 3.

What exhaust is that by the way buddy?

The back box is and RW Developments and the pipework is Japspeed. Funny how this one ended up on the car to be honest. I had it made about 3 years ago and used it for a week if that. It was too loud for a daily driver and it didn't sit central in the bumper recess so I took it off and put the Japspeed backbox back on, tried to sell the RW backbox with no luck so just put it in my loft.

I left the Japspeed on and the middlebox and pipework got battered as I had to go over 3 speed bumps each way on my commute to work. So I bought a brand new Japspeed system. I got a mate to cut the middlebox out so it wouldn't get battered again and rattle. Went to fit it all a few weeks ago and the Japspeed box was miles off centre, my mate who cut the middle box out obviously didn't get the straight pipe the exact length so it moved the whole system. Now the amount the Japspeed was out looked the opposite of how far the RW box was out. So I dug it out of the loft fitted it up and damn it lined up so perfect I couldn't believe it.

As its not a daily any more I can deal with the noise and now I have a whole new straight threw system with that perfect jap angle and it is central in the bumper recess!

Stunning as always Dave

John

Thanks John :thumbsup:

Cool cool! :thumbsup:

I was wondering what happened to that back box. Looking to get one for mine done at long last. Any idea what the dB measurements are? Looking to do a track day with a 87dB driveby but 98dB static.

I know it'll be fine with my silenced RW system to Japspeed box but not sure what a RW box will do..