David Ashton's 98 Spec TD04 Glanza - Updated 02/04/2015

Some of you may know last month this happened to my old Glanza, just coming upto 3 years of ownership, was truely gutted!

imag0084d.jpg

Luckly it wasn't my fault so a nice payout followed! Only £50 less than I payed for the car 3 years ago was offered!

5902449373_2ca5931121_z.jpg

Initially the idea was to get a fresh import and I was in talks with Enzo about getting one sourced, then this came up for sale!

5902465041_d4c30174fd_z.jpg

Only problem being the car was in Bournemouth and I was up north in Rotherham, anyway more pics were sent and I knew this was the one. Pics of it before I got it:

5903023614_a391233352_z.jpg

5903024068_9b695ce76d_z.jpg

5902463245_211aca689e_z.jpg

5902464575_41231eefbe_z.jpg

Spec is pretty much TD04 with eManage Blue and all supporting mods (I would copy the spec list from the for sale thread but its gone?), so put a deposit on it, took a 5 hour train ride and a 5 hour drive back home to get it.

Got the spec list now:

Toad Sterling Thatcham Category 1 Alarm/Immobilizer
Kenwood DPX-313Y CD Player w/ Bluetooth Kit
Vibe 6x9 Speakers
6k HID Lighting Kit
RS*R Performance Spring Kit
Rota Auto X 15â? Wheels w/ Yokohama Parada Spec II Tyres
5zigen A Spec+ Exhaust System
Jperformance Front Mounted Intercooler
Front Strut Brace
Greddy Rear Strut Brace
K&N Air Filter
Forge Motorsport Blow Off Valve
HKS Turbo Timer
Apexi Boost Gauge
TD04L Turbo
Mild Steel Manifold & Downpipe
Braided Water & Oil Lines
Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads
eManage Blue ECU
255LPH Fuel Pump
SARD Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
Helix AutoSports Ceramic Performance Clutch
Black Diamond Performance Discs
Black Diamond Performance Pads
HEL Braided Brake Lines w/ Toyota Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid

Slight emergency on the way home, the satnav goes dead and I dont have a clue where the hell I am or where I am going, phone is also dead, I have chargers for them both but the fag lighter isn't working. This had happened before in my silver one so i knew exactly what to check and thank fuck I was right, the plug for the fag lighter loom wasn't plugged in so a quick emergency repair and I was back on the way.

5902986688_8131777b89_z.jpg

No way I would have done the 239 miles left with no satnav!

5902424445_bea89daece_z.jpg

Service station photo on way home

5902985626_4fe7a5d8df_z.jpg

Now this car really is immaculate, the bodywork is perfect, not a single scratch or dent on it, Mike who owned it kept a full history of everything that had been done with all reciepts and it drive so nice! I used to be a massive CT9 fan but to be fair TD04 is where its at. The difference in power delivery is immense, this car is only mapped to 0.8 bar and its so much quicker than my last car which was running 194 bhp, im thinking this is easily pushin 210 bhp. It feels so much tighter and fresh and off boost it drives so nice aswell.

Anyway home safe and sound

5902429149_cf34f115cd_z.jpg

5902992958_517bae742f_z.jpg

Removed the rear stickers, decided im keeping this one sticker free unlike my last one!

5902431135_a110f2e5bc_z.jpg

Then I went to fit my Rota HM3 advan copies which I took off the old car, actually prefered the Auto X's which i'd never been a fan of so the HM3's stayed off. Opinions?

5902995050_4dbac4bc5e_z.jpg

That's it so far. I have on order some new number plates without the blue GB bit down the side, a new starlet decal thats missing from the rear too. Fuck me stock seats are so uncomfy dont no how people drive with them anymore after having the recaro seat in the silver one. Luckly I picked up some Evo 4 Recaro's, I have the rail from the silver car for the drivers side and have a passenger side rail in the post so they will be fitted this weekend. I also have some new gauges I bought for the silver car but crash happened before I got chance to fit them so they are going in this. TRD short shifter, Rear arb for silver car are also going on this. The exhaust is also going to be altered so it fits the recess in the rear bumper correctly. I imagine that will be it for a while. I may look to get it mapped to a bar in future with my EBC from the silver car but im just going to enjoy it as it is for now!

Edited by DavidAshton
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome dave! the torque is whats different, so much more torque from the bigger blower! looks so clean, duck spoiler win!

imo, remove foglight on back, and sort exhaust positioning out!

otherwise perfection my mate! :p

cant wait to see it in flesh!

Was gonna say it looks kinda like a sleeper :)

Deffo got yourself a good one there mate, a worthy upgrade from the old beast (RIP)

Oh and TD04 FTW you wont look back :p

It's a shame I didn't get to see it on Sunday, it looks great fella.

One day I'll be back in a GT but not for a long time yet. I'm very jealous now lol!!

Anyway good luck with it and hopefully you have better luck with this one.