David Ashton's 98 Spec TD04 Glanza - Updated 02/04/2015

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all cleaned off now, was last week it happened now. You cant even tell it happened apart from the lil drip the keeps coming from the bonnet underskin.

Fitting the rear arb tomorrow off the old car then that's all the parts transferred over. Hope nothing goes wrong with that lol.

It's all cleaned off now, was last week it happened now. You cant even tell it happened apart from the lil drip the keeps coming from the bonnet underskin.

Fitting the rear arb tomorrow off the old car then that's all the parts transferred over. Hope nothing goes wrong with that lol.

Want me to have a bob over tomorrow morning? Be nice to have a nosey round your new toy:D

D

We all make mistakes mate, i once did it to a customers Micra at my old place, i felt like a total idiot but mistakes can happen easily.

Good too see your using the best avalible parts too mate, im ordering my HKS filter and ENEOS oil on Monday hopefully :)

Well another clean and the final part transfered from the silver car.

6160425138_0057598d94_z.jpg

6160413954_dc06c44408_z.jpg

Really loving how well it looks after a clean, the paintwork comes up so well.

Fitted the rear arb, luckly nothing went wrong this time, checked and double checked all bolts etc lol.

You can just about see it in these pics.

6160420460_57f1f7492c_z.jpg

6160418046_ab7b1a3f52_z.jpg

It has made a nice subtle difference but less of a difference that I felt with the silver car, this car has the rear strut brace though and generally felt a lot tighter than my last car so I image thats why the difference is less notable.

I really like how the splitter-less rear bumper shows off the arb so I will be keeping it like this for now, no plans for a rear oem lip for this one. I have also added a little 5zigen decal, i think that will be it for decals on this car too.

Quick pic of the exhaust sitting in the middle, compared to the first few pics in this thread it looks a hell of a lot better in the middle.

6159882333_56df4cf8b2_z.jpg

I pretty much think this completes this project for now. It has enough power without pushing reliability, economy is there if you drive it sensible, it drives so nice off boost but the power is there when you want it, interior is just a nice place to be with super comfy seats, exterior is in perfect condition, handling feels a tight package now with all the components in place, no leaks, bangs or annoying rattles.

It seems pefect as it is. Just going to keep on top of the servicing with best parts and enjoy it and save some money hopefully!

Winter wheels will be going on next month so will update how it looks with them.

• 5 months later...

Just to keep this up to date:

I think October sometime last year went to Tuning Develpments RR Day was a good chace to see exactly what power the car was running.

6825808038_a70c4bb63a_z.jpg

6540391521_074bdd5a28_z.jpg

Didnt even make 185 bhp! Was a bit gutted to say the least. This map was done by k-tec racing, i think they need to stick to Renaults! The car was more than setup to run more power and Tuning Developments left a great impression after my visit for the rolling road day so i booked it in for a remap with them! The remp was done sometime in December.

6540388285_f00c2cb1ae_z.jpg

Nick at work. I asked for a safe map at 1 bar running and power above 200 bhp and this is exactly what i got.

6482373411_76cb8d7bfd_z.jpg

Transformed the car. So pleased with it after this, boost came on quicker and stronger and pulls like a train now.

Also at somepoint in December it got reversed in to.

6825803254_5732ec2084_z.jpg

Luckly minimal damage and I took it straight through third partys insurance to be fixed by main dealer Toyota in Doncaster. The full front bumper was resprayed repairing some slight damage the car had on the lip when i first got it I also managed to get a new headlight as part of the work, id changed the passengers side a few months before so now I have two brand new headlights and it is looking very clean.

6825802940_093dc1e676_z.jpg

Been keeping it clean with some proper japanese wax!

Addded a cheeky japanese decal to the back screen.

6971956111_4f9d1b5b0b_z.jpg

And here is a pic of how it stands as of last week

6825804286_f219d2f317_z.jpg

I have also serviced it again without blowing oil all over it. No plans for it at all now just keep it as it is and keep enjoying it.

Edited by DavidAshton