Mounting Gauges

Hi,

Right i need help settling a lengthy discussion me and my boyfriend had the other night :) . Would be good to see what people think to.

Adam likes them on top of the dash, says they dont obstruct your veiw

I said i wanted a pillar or to some how mount them in the centre bit above my head unit, i'd like this one more but think it'll be a right job.

So ..... Were do you mount your gauges?

I have had mine in two places, on a pillar pod

DSC_7678.jpg

and on the central dash

DSC01184.jpg

i much prefer them in the centre :) the pilar ones i found were difficult to look at properly.

Hi,

Right i need help settling a lengthy discussion me and my boyfriend had the other night :) . Would be good to see what people think to.

Adam likes them on top of the dash, says they dont obstruct your veiw

I said i wanted a pillar or to some how mount them in the centre bit above my head unit, i'd like this one more but think it'll be a right job.

So ..... Were do you mount your gauges?

i thought about this also, i bought a 3 gauge pillar pod as i thought this looked quite cool, fitted it and it was deffinitly not what i was hoping :) so sold it and will now mount the gauges in the centre of the dash :)

Check you out making posts! You know I'm right :) guages on the dash ftw. Pillar pods look cool, specially for other drivers looking through the window... But they just get in the way and blind you at night.

You try going around a sharp right hand bend doing 80 at night, and then tell me honestly that you weren't thinking "oh shit, i can see that my water temp is fine and i'm boosting a bar.... but I can't see fuck all else!"

Not to mention they just get in the way in the day as well lol.

I still love you, but you're wrong again :)

Oh and having a guage near your CD player is just dangerous :)

on the dash all day long as above its at a more natural eye level so you can easily glimpse over..its easier to mount them in a 82 tho

the din stuff is crap esp the dinky little gauges need a telescope to see them

or build them into the centre console :D

IMAG0105.jpg

Ok! We have both agreed that this looks pretty cool :p. She said this is exactly what she wanted lol... How did you build them in neatly? Can see that it's wrapped in felt but whats it like underneith :D.

I also reckon the 3rd guage is probably hard to see sometimes when just glancing over because of the wheel and your hands?....

Still think dash mounted ftw :thumbsup:

Ok! We have both agreed that this looks pretty cool :p. She said this is exactly what she wanted lol... How did you build them in neatly? Can see that it's wrapped in felt but whats it like underneith :thumbsup:.

I also reckon the 3rd guage is probably hard to see sometimes when just glancing over because of the wheel and your hands?....

Still think dash mounted ftw :D

built it with fibreglass and a skim of filler and then flocked it. the 3rd gauge is fine its just the angle i took the photo from i think because it was outside of the car.