Where we all from

Ill get some up tonight but to be honest its sittin exact same as before because the original shockers and spings had sank so bad its was on its hole lol. I have to say though the potenza shocker HKS sping combo aint to shabby at all. Ill needto take it up a wee rollercoaster road the night see how much better it handles. Ma pal got his skyline back on the road yesterday so think weer goin a wee drive the night anyway.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol aye ano mate. Just a wee month plus the whole other 5 it took me to build up the effort to go out n do them in the 1st place lol. Worth it tho roll on the summer so i can get round to swatchin the durteeeeeeeess!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Right boys been thinking for a bit and i know im faithful to the stock but i just want more power im no talkin much maybe going to 160 or 180. Whats the script for this? Jam ECU, adjustable actuator, exhaust and air filter? Whats the best way for me to reach this without going over board? Id like to keep it simple. Shaun your prob the man to answer this for me im assuming?

hmm lots of options from stock depends if your wanting to keep the tmic or go down fmic. u could bang on a air filter get a plug and play ecu and it would make nice little change. personaly before u get a adjustable actuator ull want to get rid of the stock manifold before the restrictions in it are pretty mental ( jam do a manifold that looks just like the stock manifold but with no restrictions but its pretty rare to find)

everyone has there own option on what the best way is but for me i would get plug and play ecu aftermarket manifold and decat and route the air filter to the front bumper ( re-locating the filter u would need to get rid of a/c so depends if u want to keep that or not.) after all this ull probaly suffer some boost spike so would most likely have to port the wastegate then its just a case of deciding if u want to run a fmic or stay with the tmic u can always upgrade to an rx7 or arc top mount which are ment to be fairly effective.

once the stock manifolds out the way and u have some form of management ( plug and play ecu or fcd) u can get an adjustable actuator and wide the boost up and it should be pretty safe and make one hell of a difference. its a slippy slope tho lol my original goal was 200ish bhp now am aiming more down the 300-350 mark lol

Firstly i would want to stay TMIC and keep the A/C. I have Nur Spec R exhaust and HKS mushroom filter just now. The filter though is not fitted. Ive been thinking of an ARC for a while now as ive seen a few for sale recently. Plug and play ecu i assume is 1 that is self learning and doesnt need mapped? What causes boost spike and what actually is it? So you reckon a shopping list of (ECU, manifold, de-cat, actuator?) What ecu would you recommend is best cost wise and stuff JAM? Would it all fall flat on its face if the cat was left on? Or would the cat just melt? I know where your coming from mate but dont think im gna go too far with it i just want a bit more oomf ma pals skyline is pissin all over me lol.

yea the arcs are ment to be a nice improvement over stock. the plug and play ecus are pretty poorly described as self learning they are bascily set with no fuel cut /raised rev limit and would have had certain mods such as air filter,exhaust,higher boost level took in to account when it was maped then when u plug them in they can trim the fuel slightly to your set up.for safety u prob would want to get it on the rolling road and check fueling but i never did for a few months and mine was fine i used a blitz access it was great dont think theres much difference between the diffrent plug and plays so i would probaly just go with what ever came up first at a fair price.

cant think of a good way to describe boost spike lol. but its because your getting more air coming in to the engine it leaves quiker and when u reach your desired boost level the wastegate on the turbo opens to vent the excess exhaust gasses allowing u to maintain a steady boost of say 0.8bar. however because there is a larger volume of exhaust gasses trying to escape the wastegate is to small to release the extra causing the boost to "spike" to say 0.85bar its pretty easily solved u can get a dremel with a grinding wheel on it and just enlarge the wastegate hole slightly larger to account for the extra volume of gasses. its more common to get on a cold morning/ night as the air is alot more denser. dunno if that all makes sense lol

id personaly get a decat it will free up nice bit of power and most the plug and plays overfuel slightly so would destroy your cat overtime anyway. so might aswell swap it out for a decat and keep the cat for mot time.

ecu,decat,manifold ,actuator then probaly a boost gauge so u can keep an eye on it and an arc tmic if u see one going at a good price not totaly sure would u would pull from that but if u wind up the boost to say a bar think u would get 180+ easy

Aye i get u now with the boost spike canny release the extra pressure. wud u jus port the wasteget yourself with a dremmel or get it done professionally? Nice 1 shaun your some man. Thers an SPS manifold and ZEP de cat on TGTT for 155 i dont have the doe to get this started just now but shud be in the next couple months just doing my homework just now. With all that though the standard set up will handle this ok? Dont needa mess with fuelling or injectors do i? I wanna hold back mate and prob no go any further than 180 so that will be cool.

would just port it urself nice and simple, the stock engine will be more than capable, might be worth banging a uprated fuel pump in for bit of safety. but other than that wont have to touch the fueling.

only thing to stay clear of is the autobahn or toyosport manifolds/decats and make sure u use proper toyota gaskets aswell farrrr to many people buying cheap gaskets off ebay and they last bout a week if your lucky.

Right well ill have a go at it. Will be in a month or 2 anyway need to wait on money coming through that my work owes me so thats what will be paying for it. I've no got a clue about any of this stuff I can fit it all i just dont know what I need to do it lol. Ill give you a shout nearer the time when im going to start buying the parts. Whats wrong with those manifolds do they crack too easily? I prob would have bought toyota gaskets anyway but cheers for the heads up. Another thing see with a de-cat its gna make it loud as fk isnt it? Whats the script with those road side emissions tests if you have a de-cat aswell?

Sound ill ask for some advise on my choices nearer the time then mate lol. Kl well paul has an exhaust very similar to an HKS silent so maybe get him to part with that if its quieter than mine. I know they do them i was at college 1 time few years back n had to have it done fk it lol.

I live in ayrshire :) and just noticed some talk about an exhaust ? i have a full powerflow stainless steel system for sale and also have the ct9 de-cat if it was required ? , i've still no clicked oan on how to upload pics to these feeds but a could post some pics on photobucket on mon / tuesday as its at ma work in ayr and won't be back in till monday morning , its in really good condition and i have autosol'd the backbox / centre box and cleaned all the piping up too , if anyone is interested just drop me a pm :) cheers

What are you guys looking for??? I can hit up some junkyards before they ship all my shyt

Mate i wouldnt know where to start but i'd love some stuff from the motherland if your gna do something like that! What kinda stuff can you get your hands on?

I live in ayrshire :) and just noticed some talk about an exhaust ? i have a full powerflow stainless steel system for sale and also have the ct9 de-cat if it was required ? , i've still no clicked oan on how to upload pics to these feeds but a could post some pics on photobucket on mon / tuesday as its at ma work in ayr and won't be back in till monday morning , its in really good condition and i have autosol'd the backbox / centre box and cleaned all the piping up too , if anyone is interested just drop me a pm :) cheers

Awryt mate nah ive agot a Nur spec R system its just a bit too loud for my liking and paul on this thread has bought an HKS silent replica that ive been trying to prise off of him thats what i was saying. I would be interested in the de-cat tho probably. To add photos you upload them to photo bucket and just post the img link. Anyway when did you join this? Welcome in anyway your not too far from us so keep in with the chat ;)

Mate i wouldnt know where to start but i'd love some stuff from the motherland if your gna do something like that! What kinda stuff can you get your hands on?

Awryt mate nah ive agot a Nur spec R system its just a bit too loud for my liking and paul on this thread has bought an HKS silent replica that ive been trying to prise off of him thats what i was saying. I would be interested in the de-cat tho probably. To add photos you upload them to photo bucket and just post the img link. Anyway when did you join this? Welcome in anyway your not too far from us so keep in with the chat ;)

a only joined up a few days ago mate , posted up oan the new members bit , am on toyotagtturbo.com too but tbh a much prefer this and will probs just stick to usin this fae now on , aye ahl get you some pics no problem mate :) cheers fur the help , ahh a dont know if mines used to have the hi power silent system, but the sticker above ma headlight is the hks hi power silent logo , a like the sound ye get off them so if it did indeed have it at one point a wish tae fuck the person tht got rid of it left it oan haha ! am goin td04 aswell as rebuildin ma full engine in the upcoming months so its goin to be busy busy :)

Awryt nice 1 aye i dont noramlly check the new members bit on here as its normall packin have about 5 a day so i never notice. Aye its better on here for buying selling and the patter n tht theres no a scottish bit on there so thats how a stick ti here. Its better on TGTT for tech data n stuff and if you have any problems with your cars the guys on there are pretty clued up. On here between shaun paul rob if he still comes on and maself we do not too bad and worst case scenario weer no too far apart so can always lend a hand. You goin td04 well hes gny hate me for nominating him but shauns the man u need to be pickin his brain lol. Mine is about standard trying to keep it subtle as poss as every1 will be sick of hearing stock all the way lol. Anyway get a few pics up in this thread od your brief I want a closer look at that bumper it looks decent. Think we are all due a few pics its been a while there was some on page 3 but looks like robs deleted them. Maybe time we through our own up troops ;)

Awryt nice 1 aye i dont noramlly check the new members bit on here as its normall packin have about 5 a day so i never notice. Aye its better on here for buying selling and the patter n tht theres no a scottish bit on there so thats how a stick ti here. Its better on TGTT for tech data n stuff and if you have any problems with your cars the guys on there are pretty clued up. On here between shaun paul rob if he still comes on and maself we do not too bad and worst case scenario weer no too far apart so can always lend a hand. You goin td04 well hes gny hate me for nominating him but shauns the man u need to be pickin his brain lol. Mine is about standard trying to keep it subtle as poss as every1 will be sick of hearing stock all the way lol. Anyway get a few pics up in this thread od your brief I want a closer look at that bumper it looks decent. Think we are all due a few pics its been a while there was some on page 3 but looks like robs deleted them. Maybe time we through our own up troops ;)

a just find the folk on here a gid bit better to talk tae , aye av spoke to shaun on here a couple of times like , hes helped me oot wae some stuff , hahah aww am terrible mate a bought mines got it runnin and fired it aboot the odd time , fair impressed wae the pull for a standard turbo but a wanted mare power straight away hahah believe it or no that bumper is just a temporary tweak wae gaffer tape, till a pastic weld aww the wee bits smooth and prime it before paintin ofcourse, aww av done is cut the sections oot the bottom half n cut round the number plate bit but it looks better imo and tidyer for a nice front mount to go in behind it , a like yours wae the bottom lip , a like subtle tae mate ad rather keep mines lookin fairly standard on outside and under the bonnet a different story haha , wance a snatch up a set o 98 spec rear lights , and a reverse scoop al b happy , may get the jam spoiler tho a love the look of it Edited by craig-glanzaEP91

Shit!!! so it is lol it looks quality in tht wee picture its like a big black grill id spray it that way if i was you haha. Looks wise mines will be staying much as it is with maybe a cheeky livepsorts spoiler because i think the look the dogs danglies and maybe a black set of wheels but thats about it.

IMG_20111119_101946.jpg

aye man a might just do it gloss black , make somethin a wee bit different like ! :) gid idea , yours is tidy mate a like it :) aye the livesports are nice , a favoured it but now am really wantin a JAM wan , oaft wait till you see the colour o ma wheels hahaha , am paintin them metallic purple to go with the engine bay , av painted ma strut brace , rocker cover , fuse box and ma grill already, but they are BRIGHT as they stand lol , rota flashback reps -

P1010202.jpg

Fuck me those are bright they do look decent even though im more into the whole subtly i do like them. What kinda camera did you take those pics with i take mine with ma fone and they just never do ma car justice at all! That pic i posted was the day after i got it back from painting and it just does not do anything for it at all. Ive got these sexy wee JDM fuckers i was gna have painted black after realising they are worth a small fortune lol

IMG_20120318_122349.jpg