Starlet eats Armco at Castle Combe

Hit the wall at castle combe today, had total brake failure :lol: I had made the mistake of putting the braided line on the wrong side of the suspension. It rubbed through the wheel eventually and below was the result.

Car was going like a legend on track and the brakes were bloody amazing. if you thought i braked late before you should of seen it today!! Brilliant.

Car is still straight and drives ok, but lucky to get away with it, going into the corner at 70mph with no brakes was scary, used the hand brake to drift part of it off and then whacked into the wall at a 45degree angle. Lucky i managed to straighten it up enough so that we didnt have a massive front end smash.

Oh well this now confirms 100% i am doing the EP70, lol what a way to finish!!

Some skillful duct tape to get home, it was a right mess under there!!

1.jpg

The culprit, cant believe i put the line the wrong side, doh!!

2.jpg

People loved the bear on track, i had loads of people coming up to me all day, i think another bear on the ep70 is a must!

Whats annoying is that i set the camera recording while i was going around and i was like yes i got it on video!! but turns out the pissin camera stopped recording after 7 secs of me starting it, sigh, no memory left!!

Gutted, i was more pissed off i didnt get it on video that anything else, got a new brake line made up luckily at the track, fitted it, bled the brakes and i was off home.

If anyone has any vids of me on track send them to me, im dieing to see it going around :lol: It was the fastest its ever been!!

Gingdust:

Wow did you see it happen, i wouldn't even like to think how fast we were going we must have been approaching that bend doing at least 80mph, i slammed on as usual to turn in, the car braked hard as usual for about half a second, then i felt a pop on the brake pedal and it went straight to the floor. We were still going WAY to fast for the corner all i had left was the hand brake.

I bet you were wondering why i had the car sideways before i was even in the turn lol!! I thought i had caught it at one point and we were gonna get around the corner, but then the car hit the grass and it decided to straighten up, so i was like oh shit!!

Lucky i managed to get the car at an angle enough to have a side impact rather than a full on front smash, my mate in the passenger seat shit his pants!!

Do you know if anyone got it on camera, and did it look like watching it something had gone wrong with my car, or i just flew off the track lol.

First time i have ever crashed a car that, what speed do you reckon we were doing when we hit the wall?

Yeah that duct tape saved me, i still cant believe i could drive it home. I had to repair the brake line pull all the panels out, reattach the front bumper lol and loads of duct tape to hold it together. Got me home though!!

Unlucky great duck tape work tho :thumbsup: